Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 8th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Polaris - Initial Playtest Phase

This Passes.

Obviously, Blob+Magneto is a combo that will need tested, any others that come to mind? I think she'll play well with Xavier, Star-Lord, and Cap as well.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 8th, 2015, 06:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Deathstrokes Calculated Defense would be worth checking out when given an auto shield. He would be a good fit into a Star Lord army since his race & class would be different then Star Lord & Polaris and he would have an extra defense die to play with.
Old May 10th, 2015, 09:50 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Polaris

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- What should be the unit's point value? 200-220
- Give a brief overview. 2-4 total record, 2-2 against melee figures. She can be nasty against melee, but she struggles to wound them, so it just drags things out really.
Map: Chernobyl Clash

Spoiler Alert!

Map: Chernobyl Conflict
Units: Amazon Warriors x2 (200)
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R2T6: 3 Amazon Warriors remaining.
Units: Amazon Warriors x2 (200)
Who won and how many wounds did they have? R2T4: 5 Amazon Warriors remaining.

Army Test
Units: Polaris (210), Xavier (220), Magneto:I (310), Angel (90), Blob (165) (995) VS Ms. Marvel (350), Stealth Suit Iron Man (270), Cyborg Superman (380) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage: 1 wound to Cyborg Superman, 1 wound to Ms Marvel,
Reactive Toss 12: 0 out of 0 times.
Magnetic Bubble: placed 3 times; added 3 shields to friendly; added 0 shields to opponent; 3 times stopped movement.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Polaris (210), Xavier (220), Magneto:I (310), Angel (90), Blob (165) (995) VS Ms. Marvel (350), Stealth Suit Iron Man (270), Cyborg Superman (380) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage: none.
Reactive Toss 12: 0 out of 0 times.
Magnetic Bubble: placed 2 times; added 1 shields to friendly; added 0 shields to opponent; 0 times stopped movement.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Polaris (210), Star-Lord (250), Valkyrie (350), Punisher (180) (990) VS Cosmic Boy (260), Karate Kid (230), Superboy (330), Lightning Lad (180) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage: 1 wound to Superboy, 1 wound to Lightning Lad.
Reactive Toss 12: 0 out of 1 times.
Magnetic Bubble: placed 1 times; added 2 shields to Polaris; added 1 shields to friendly; added 0 shields to opponent; 0 times stopped movement.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Polaris (210), Star-Lord (250), Valkyrie (350), Punisher (180) (990) VS Cosmic Boy (260), Karate Kid (230), Superboy (330), Lightning Lad (180) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage: 1 wound to Cosmic Boy,
Reactive Toss 12: 2 out of 2 times.
Magnetic Bubble: placed 2 times; added 0 shields to Polaris; added 2 shields to friendly; added 0 shields to opponent; 0 times stopped movement.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Polaris (210), Xavier (220), Angel (90), Deadpool (285) (805) VS Luke Cage (190), Iron Fist (260), Swordsman (160), Scarlet Spider:Ben (190) (800)
Unit Summary:
Damage: 2 wounds to Luke Cage, 2 to Swordsman,
Reactive Toss 12: 1 out of 2 times.
Magnetic Bubble: placed 2 times; added 0 shields to friendly; added 0 shields to opponent; 2 times stopped movement.

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: She has serious potential, but she’s also a little fragile, and how well she does will depend in part on who she’s facing. In some matchups, her powers are really good, in others, she’s just more of an annoyance. Even going 2-3 here, I wouldn't want to see her lower than 210, and I could see her cost going up. Her power level feels fine to me. Strong at times, but not overpowered. I would like to raise the roll on Reactive Toss to 14, so that she’s less strong against melee builds.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I love all the options that Magnetic Bubble gives you with this version. There’s a lot you can do to frustrate your opponent, and a lot you can do to support your allies. Limited to once per round, it adds some fun decision making. I like how defensive/protective she came out.

Old May 10th, 2015, 09:54 PM

Re: The Book of Polaris - Design Phase

I also realized that Reactive Toss didn't play exactly as intended. I'd like to change it to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
REACTIVE TOSS 12
When an opponent's figure that was not adjacent to Polaris at the start of its turn ends its move adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
This way, once a figure is adjacent, they're free to move around her. This was my intention and the way I played it in my tests.

Old May 11th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Increasing the roll makes sense to me; figure movement is always potent. Low-200s seems consistent, too, so I'd be comfortable sending her out in that range.
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:41 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I also realized that Reactive Toss didn't play exactly as intended. I'd like to change it to:

Quote:
REACTIVE TOSS 12
When an opponent's figure that was not adjacent to Polaris at the start of its turn ends its move adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
This way, once a figure is adjacent, they're free to move around her. This was my intention and the way I played it in my tests.
Why not just use engagement strike's wording? It does what you want it to do without any weirdness. With the currently suggested change Gambit could start his turn next to her, leave engagement, and then re-engage with Pole Vault to get the extra attack, and she's just cool with that for some reason. Like did he sweet talk her into it while they were engaged?

G: "Mon Chéri, I must leave you! But fear not, I will be back!"

P: "Sure! Whatever you say, your accent's hot!"

G: "I'm back my petite, and I brought you a gift!"

P: "Oh, I love gifts! What is it?"

G: "STAFF TO THE FACE!"

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 11th, 2015, 08:44 AM

To be fair, that seems like something Gambit would do. The Engagement Strike wording would change the timing of it and allow them to continue moving afterward, unless we worded it like this:

Quote:
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure's movement ends. Place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks and may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Polaris.

Old May 11th, 2015, 08:53 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Why not just use engagement strike's wording? It does what you want it to do without any weirdness. With the currently suggested change Gambit could start his turn next to her, leave engagement, and then re-engage with Pole Vault to get the extra attack, and she's just cool with that for some reason. Like did he sweet talk her into it while they were engaged?

G: "Mon Chéri, I must leave you! But fear not, I will be back!"

P: "Sure! Whatever you say, your accent's hot!"

G: "I'm back my petite, and I brought you a gift!"

P: "Oh, I love gifts! What is it?"

G: "STAFF TO THE FACE!"
Quote:
To be fair, that seems like something Gambit would do.
What a hilarious start to my rainy Monday...Thanks guys...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:31 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That would make her an interesting blocker that somewhat protects easy access to a support figure from ghostwalker/disengage land based assassins. They would have to go the long way around her or risk getting bounced back and ending their movement phase.
Old May 11th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Looking good in testing so far. I'd support bumping the roll on Reactive Toss, but I'd stick with 210 for points for now.

Quote:
To be fair, that seems like something Gambit would do. The Engagement Strike wording would change the timing of it and allow them to continue moving afterward, unless we worded it like this:

Quote:
If an opponent’s small or medium figure moves adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure's movement ends. Place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks and may only be targeted as they move into engagement with Polaris.
This is what I was going to suggest, but YodaK is right that it still changes the mechanics. With the current version, figures can attempt to run past her to get to someone else, but with this version she'd get a chance to roll against them.

I'm fine with either wording, it just depends on what mechanics we want.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 11th, 2015, 06:05 PM
C3G Landlord

I was also thinking 210 after looking over the Initial PT last night.
Old May 11th, 2015, 07:20 PM

I could go with either. Anyone have any strong opinions between these two?
Quote:
REACTIVE TOSS 14
When an opponent's figure that was not adjacent to Polaris at the start of its turn ends its move adjacent to Polaris, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, place the figure on any empty space within 3 spaces of its original placement. Tossed figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
OR
Quote:
REACTIVE TOSS 14

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library