Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 19th, 2014, 05:19 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Lyrgard's custom terain

For a long time, I read the various thread in this forum thinking of how beautifull some customs are, and that it could be a cool thing to try.

I decided to give it a try, and I began with an easy custom terrain piece : a basic bridge.

I saw a lot of people used popsicle wood to make one, but I had some little crate in my garage, so I used that.

I cut a side of the crate into thin strip with an X-acto and then cut them to the needed size to make little planks.

First photos, before painting :

under :

The two little planks under are used to prevent the bridge from sliding. They fit just right between the hex.

I first put a first layer of black spray paint, then painted it with dark brown :

Then two dry brushing, with light and lighter brown (first time doing a dry brushing ever !) :

close up :

I had done what I planned ! But I found it was a little... bare

So I used pincers to cut a nail into very small bits. I then used pliers to drive thoses little bits into the wood, to figurate nails.

It was a little too "clean", so I added so touchs of black on them and here is the result !

I just have to mark the hex on the bridge and add a varnish and I will be done !

Very simple project, took me a couple evenings, and I'm happy with the result. Thanks to all of you that gave me the motivation to do it by showing your great customs !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles