Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 17th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

I can totally understand the activity. It is the most optimistic and realistic Heroscape news in years. There is almost a shelf feel to it.

Keeping with the shelf feel, I think the multiple life squads are basically a way to indicate textually that there are three figures in the squad.
Old October 17th, 2014, 09:48 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I also feel bad for not ever picking up any Dungeon Command stuff. It sounded like a neat game. I wonder if it's dead.
There were 5 sets for Dungeon Command and then it was done.
Old October 17th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Would you buy this thing if Heroscape was still produced? I am pretty sure it's a no for the majority of you.
Probably. Why? Craig Van Ness. HeroScape is not my only game, and since CVN has proven that he can design good games, I would most likely get it on that alone.

Quote:
You are all excited and impatient to buy it because you're in need.

Any drug dealer will tell you that once a junkie is in need, you can sell him cat's herb at 500$ the ounce and he'll be happy. That's exactly what WotC are doing.
I would say that is going a bit beyond where most (all?) of us are.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 17th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I also feel bad for not ever picking up any Dungeon Command stuff. It sounded like a neat game. I wonder if it's dead.
There were 5 sets for Dungeon Command and then it was done.
They were very good and reminded me more of a Magic boardgame than this does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 18th, 2014, 12:31 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'll propose to WotC to release a 40$ single Heroscape figure. I'm sure you'll all buy it.
While I might be guilty of that... (WotC knows my weakness and they weren't that far off with the Flagbearers anyway)

Quote:
Any drug dealer will tell you that once a junkie is in need, you can sell him cat's herb at 500$ the ounce and he'll be happy.
...I wouldn't pay for cat's herb if I ran out of "Ticalla Jungle."
Old October 18th, 2014, 02:58 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, clicked on this thread thinking it was something else. Now I am really excited about it. Hmmm, maybe I need to get ready for Gen Con 2015.
Old October 18th, 2014, 04:41 AM

NuMystic Woo who?

In the Essen video posted earlier they state that what we're seeing now is a non-finalized prototype, so them using actual 'scape terrain and the current board edges may not reflect any actual planned compatibility at all. It's very common to prototype and play test with whatever is close and already available.

The original news posting on BGG also states "Hasbro is asking those who demo the game to complete playtest forms and provide feedback on the experience."

Since the game is still in active development anyone hoping to see HS compatible elements could very well influence the likelihood of that by making such wishes known via email, phone calls, and/or petitions:

http://company.wizards.com/contact-us
Old October 18th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Truth be told much of the activity on any site is when new stuff is happening. The records for this site are from when new Scape was released.

Further with nothing on the shelves fewer new people are replacing the people who said their piece and moved on (Like my self who has not been nearly as visibly active in a long time). I routinely look at the customs and VC stuff, but I rarely have time to add anything in the custom section. Moreover my passion was strategy, and I feel I have said most of what I wanted to say on that subject.

With regards to this product, yeah I'm interested. It is fun to theorize, plan, and wonder. Plus, those fire figures look great!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 18th, 2014, 01:28 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Would it be funny to learn if that is a mockup, that the Heroscape tiles they used in it where the ones we set in a long time ago to protest against scape being shut down.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old October 18th, 2014, 02:05 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1shark View Post
Would it be funny to learn if that is a mockup, that the Heroscape tiles they used in it where the ones we set in a long time ago to protest against scape being shut down.
I think most of those were distributed by the 'eat, pray, love' tile fairy at Gencon a few years back.
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's my contribution to the wild speculation:

Quote:
Will the game include any collectible pieces?
Each game will include the same five highly detailed, fully painted Planeswalker mini-figures.
Reading between the lines, this only refers to the five Planeswalker figures in the base game. What about the squad figures? I feel like they're dodging the question here. I wouldn't be surprised if squads are (1) largely unpainted and (2) blind purchase.

In support of 1, it seems unlikely that they would cast figures out of translucent plastic just to cover them with paint. I'm expecting little or no paint as a cost-saving measure. Of course these are prototypes, so maybe as more information is released we'll see painted squads. Still, the prototype Planeswalker figures were painted, but not the squads...

In support of 2, consider the odd, long format of the prototype cards. It's just not a convenient size for prototyping and playtesting. I think we can infer that there's been a design decision here and it tells us something about the size and shape of the box the cards are meant to be included in. I would guess a long, narrow box that can be hung on a peg, similar to the old MonPoc boxes. Despite what they say about the base game, I wouldn't yet rule out blind purchase on boosters.
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
In support of 1, it seems unlikely that they would cast figures out of translucent plastic just to cover them with paint.
A friend of mind decided to strip all the paint off a heroclix figure so he could repaint it from the base layer up, and it turns out the figure was actually made from clear plastic. Never would have guessed that just looking at it straight out of the box.

I agree that is seems likely they will go the blind booster route. Magic thrives on the blind purchase format for their cards and that is their intended market for this new mini game. They are going to want people blind buying and trading figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion