Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 12th, 2017, 08:06 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

[quote=Sir Yeshua;2161835]
Quote:
ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, their turn immediately ends.
I like this version

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 21st, 2017, 11:33 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[quote=McHotcakes;2161953]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Quote:
ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, their turn immediately ends.
I like this version
I do too
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:11 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Another variant:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage and Elsa can't be attacked again this turn.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 02:40 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Another variant:

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage and Elsa can't be attacked again this turn.
I like this the best cause its like she makes an ice shield that stops all incoming attacks. I would however, make it to where she can't be attacked by another normal attack.

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage and Elsa can't be attacked again this turn by a (non adjacect?) normal attack.

That way she is still vulnerable to SA's that could bypass her ice wall
Old September 22nd, 2017, 07:57 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like this, let's just have it against all normal attacks. Basically she surrounds her hex with ice.
Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:42 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

At what point does it just become better/more streamlined to just give Elsa a variant of Thorian Speed? 6 Defense w/ a Stealth Dodge-type power is already basically impossible to hit. (C3G's Wonder Woman is proof of that) I feel like anything we do in addition to that is gonna make it so unappealing to take even pot shots at her that she might as well have Thorian Speed. Would it be worth taking Occam's Razor to this and go for:
Quote:
ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage.
Old September 25th, 2017, 09:46 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm ok with simplifying. Branching out was a thought experiment to capture new potential value. I'm not a fan of simply renaming powers. I'd like it to stand out somehow, even if only simply.

For example
+Def vs per adj snow/ice (applies to friends)

Old September 25th, 2017, 01:08 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I'm ok with simplifying. Branching out was a thought experiment to capture new potential value. I'm not a fan of simply renaming powers. I'd like it to stand out somehow, even if only simply.

For example
True, true, shows how often I stick around during projects lol
Old September 26th, 2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Quote:

For example
True, true, shows how often I stick around during projects lol
I definitely have appreciated your feedback.

I think it would be neat having her pod with Greater Ice Elementals, guarding them with fortress, forcing opponents in and then have the snowmen engagement strike all who try to disrupt the Queen's plans.

I don't know how canon such a maneuver is, but her being a shut in was a big part of what I saw from the movie (I've seen maybe 20%)

Old October 1st, 2017, 04:37 AM

ICE FORTRESS
If Elsa ends her turn not adjacent to any figures, until your next turn, Elsa and all friendly figures on Ice or Snow within 6 clear sight spaces of Elsa add 2 automatic shields when defending against nonadjacent normal attacks.

- forces choice of defense vs building snowmen
- references Fortress Door
- Uses snow and ice built by her own power plus snowmen, which is so begging to be utilized
(imperfect wording will be hashed as ideas are likened)

Last edited by Confred; October 1st, 2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:19 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
ICE FORTRESS
If Elsa ends her turn not adjacent to any figures, until your next turn, Elsa and all friendly figures on Ice or Snow within 6 clear sight spaces of Elsa add 2 automatic shields when defending against nonadjacent normal attacks.

- Uses snow and ice built by her own power plus snowmen, which is so begging to be utilized
Im all for that iteration, but if Elsa can gain 2 defense die, does she need a base of 6 defense?
Old October 1st, 2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Quote:
ICE FORTRESS

Im all for that iteration, but if Elsa can gain 2 defense die, does she need a base of 6 defense?
Base stats may certainly change as powers take new forms.

I currently favor:
LIFE 3
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 2
Defense 4

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum