Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 4th, 2015, 10:50 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

chars
Old May 5th, 2015, 01:06 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This past game night was small, with only four players present, but fun none-the-less. We played:

MTG:Planechase x1 (constructed decks)
Splendor x2
Epic Spell Wars x2
Forbidden Island x1
Marvel Legendary x1 (F4 expansion)

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old May 5th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Last night I played:

Batman Love Letter

Star Wars X-Wing - a huge battle with 5 players and 300 points per side.

Edit: My buddy Brian, on the left, provided all the ships and stuff. I think we used like 20 of his 66 total ships.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; May 5th, 2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I finally made it to a board game night at our local game store last night. The store is mostly populated by Magic players, so the guy who runs the game night tries to bring a mix of introductory games and more complicated stuff. Last night was all co-op, and we got in four different games.

Started off with Castle Panic, and we lost. We were doing well until the "add four more monsters" was joined by another token that added monsters. They then got moved up, and we were overwhelmed.

We followed with a five-player game of Pandemic, which I haven't played in a long time. It was a close call, with the team winning with only one card left in the player deck and only one outbreak left. We did a tightrope dance the whole time, as several times we skirted with only one cube of certain colors available (those are the three losing conditions, and we almost hit every one). It was very tense and fun.

Next we played Yggdrasil. I've only played it solo, so this was another fun opportunity. I'd forgotten about this one, and it's a shame because it is a beautiful game with lots of tension and tough choices. We again won this, but it came down to one player having to defeat Loki as the last card. We were locked out of the spots that recruit elves and warriors, so he had to fight with just one die roll and a warrior. He needed to roll a two and got it. It was an awesome win.

We finished up the night with Shadows Over Camelot, which I had not played before. It was also a lot of fun (although I think I like Dead of Winter a little better). We got behind early and struggled to recover. The whole thing tanked when one person became suspicious of one of the other players and accused him, which added more black swords to the Round Table. That pushed us over the edge, and we spiraled downhill to lose shortly after that. The sad thing is that we were all loyal. I really want to try this one again.
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:51 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@akden -
"Castle Panic" is just crazy fun, the way a HeroScape session should be. I haven't played it in a while, so thanks for reminding me that I still have it and can bring it to a meeting any time. I actually never played "Yggdrasil" or "Pandemic," but they're both on my Wish List, ha-ha. "Shadows Over Camelot" is very high on my list of All Time Favorites, even though I dislike the "traitor mechanic" in any game. Like most things in life, the pleasure of the experience depends upon whom you are participating with. In SoC, someone with a bad attitude, paranoia, or just a natural suspicion of another player can upset the round table and make a difficult challenge even worse than it needs to be.

One of my gaming groups meets on Tuesday evenings in a church near where I used to live. Unfortunately it's now 90 miles away, but I still try to visit them about once a month. Since I was the one who originally encouraged them to have a Star Wars or at least an outer space theme for early May (...and no one could think of any Mexican games for Sinko de Mayo), I felt obligated to be there for the day late May the 4th B w/U celebration on the 5th. I got to demo FF's "SW: Imperial Assault" by running 5 heroes through the first scenario of the campaign booklet. While I was cleaning that up to put away, someone set up "Dead of Winter" so I jumped into that for my second time playing it. Although the 'Crossroads cards' add an interesting dynamic, I personally would still prefer the simpler 'Just Kill Them All' component of "Zombiecide."

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 8th, 2015, 01:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My weekly board game group is growing! Yesterday we had 5 people (and only because 2 couldn't make it). We played Dead of Winter and managed to oust a traitor and collect enough medicine to win it with a morale to spare just as 20 zombies hit our colony. Then we played 7 Wonders and I actually won (I'm usually terrible at that game). Playing with two new players probably helped, but I was still shocked. I thought right up until I calculated my score that I was going to do dead last.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 8th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds awesome Bats.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, it was fun! Apparently this is a hotbed for gamers, with two airforce bases and a lot of military IT nerds abounding.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 8th, 2015, 12:00 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I've played quite a few games of Dejarik over the last week with several different people. Dejarik is the game that Chewbacca and R2 play on the Millennium Falcon. It's quite interesting. The games are usually quick (20min probably), and each game isn't the same (as you get different units each game). Rules can be found here: http://dhost.info/rissa/Holochess/
Old May 8th, 2015, 07:00 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I've played quite a few games of Dejarik over the last week with several different people. Dejarik is the game that Chewbacca and R2 play on the Millennium Falcon. It's quite interesting. The games are usually quick (20min probably), and each game isn't the same (as you get different units each game). Rules can be found here: http://dhost.info/rissa/Holochess/
Do you have figures for that?
Old May 8th, 2015, 07:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Do you have figures for that?
I know some if not all the figures exist from the Star Wars minis line. There were a crap ton at GenCon one year.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 8th, 2015, 07:46 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

All of them do exist in the SW minis line. I just printed off little circles with the name, move, attack, and defense numbers on them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games