Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 1st, 2014, 07:59 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Why does that ridiculously huge gun only have 3 attack 6 range? Because by the time it's torn its way through 5 castle walls the firepower is somewhat mitigated. I'm excited to play this version.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:16 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Why does that ridiculously huge gun only have 3 attack 6 range? Because by the time it's torn its way through 5 castle walls the firepower is somewhat mitigated. I'm excited to play this version.
I love the mental imagery of a G'Nator flying through the air after the Prime is destroyed lol.
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:18 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

They're large too? Awesome! They lack tough, but 5 defense plus height make up for it! Really cool custom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Quote:

I love the mental imagery of a G'Nator flying through the air after the Prime is destroyed lol.
This do the trick?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:20 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Now that's cool. Only thing I have a issue with ATM is the name.
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:55 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Considering they can turn into G'nators, changing personality is a little odd, but I understand you don't want them to be able to be moved by cover fire. Precise>Tricky makes more sense to me as a change in tactics, while Relentless>Tricky seems to completely change their attitude. Maybe that's just me though.

I like this version. It keeps the theme, and makes them balanced.
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:59 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I don't think there needs to be another unit that specifically calls out the G-Nators in the first place, but this is at least better than the earlier versions. 10 range is waaaay to much for Eject though, that's sniper rifle range.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 1st, 2014, 10:10 PM

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I don't think there needs to be another unit that specifically calls out the G-Nators in the first place, but this is at least better than the earlier versions. 10 range is waaaay to much for Eject though, that's sniper rifle range.
I agree with SWSG1. 6 range max seems good. Maybe a height restriction too.
Old December 1st, 2014, 10:21 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I agree with SWSG1. 6 range max seems good. Maybe a height restriction too.
Height restriction is a good idea. We can't just have them rocket 6000 levels upward.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:03 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alpha Gorillinators are starting to get there. The unit needs to not only be fun to play with but to play against. I don't think we need to pour more into the gorillinators and can just enjoy gorilla squads of other types for what they are, but I get that is what you are going for. Unstoppable Firepower seems to be a decent way to mitigate the theme of their heavy weaponry with a playable attack.

For the Knights of Arturius and design in general, I would say that there is a certain cost in elegance of design and player comprehension whenever you add powers to a card. When adding just a few, those costs can be pretty low or can even contribute to the design. Hitting upon resonant themes with the powers allows you to borrow from the background knowledge of your players and deliver more complicated powers at a reduced cost. When we look at it, something like Flying is a pretty complicated power that takes quite a bit of rules text to describe. However, the name and theme of the power reduce this comprehension complexity and have it work intuitively for your players, reducing whatever associated cost for the players getting the card. The zombies are another great resonant example who really nail down exactly what you expect and function easily for players despite what amounts to a quite a bit of rules complexity on their card.

In contrast, I would say that even an official card like the Omnicron Repulsors have a bit too much going on without really hitting upon resonant tropes that players would really understand. Circuity Overload and EMP Response are one thing, but Targeting Beacon stands out against the painted picture of some anti-soulborg soulborgs. Even how the other two powers work together is a bit fiddly and requires different d20 rolls, furthering the complexity. Things may work individually but the composite is all a bit much.

Likewise, your Knights have quite a bit going on in slightly different ways. While it is all towards the same theme, things work differently enough at each step that the total picture feels off when looking at it. Knight Commander's Orders and Heroic Devotion are really hitting on the same bit of theme from different angles, and the Oath of Fealty stands out sharply from the other two. There is definitely something cool here that I'd really like to see but I'd say you should try focusing on either the Orders and Devotion and see if you can make that one part shine.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Alpha Gorillinators are starting to get there. The unit needs to not only be fun to play with but to play against. I don't think we need to pour more into the gorillinators and can just enjoy gorilla squads of other types for what they are, but I get that is what you are going for. Unstoppable Firepower seems to be a decent way to mitigate the theme of their heavy weaponry with a playable attack.

For the Knights of Arturius and design in general, I would say that there is a certain cost in elegance of design and player comprehension whenever you add powers to a card. When adding just a few, those costs can be pretty low or can even contribute to the design. Hitting upon resonant themes with the powers allows you to borrow from the background knowledge of your players and deliver more complicated powers at a reduced cost. When we look at it, something like Flying is a pretty complicated power that takes quite a bit of rules text to describe. However, the name and theme of the power reduce this comprehension complexity and have it work intuitively for your players, reducing whatever associated cost for the players getting the card. The zombies are another great resonant example who really nail down exactly what you expect and function easily for players despite what amounts to a quite a bit of rules complexity on their card.

In contrast, I would say that even an official card like the Omnicron Repulsors have a bit too much going on without really hitting upon resonant tropes that players would really understand. Circuity Overload and EMP Response are one thing, but Targeting Beacon stands out against the painted picture of some anti-soulborg soulborgs. Even how the other two powers work together is a bit fiddly and requires different d20 rolls, furthering the complexity. Things may work individually but the composite is all a bit much.

Likewise, your Knights have quite a bit going on in slightly different ways. While it is all towards the same theme, things work differently enough at each step that the total picture feels off when looking at it. Knight Commander's Orders and Heroic Devotion are really hitting on the same bit of theme from different angles, and the Oath of Fealty stands out sharply from the other two. There is definitely something cool here that I'd really like to see but I'd say you should try focusing on either the Orders and Devotion and see if you can make that one part shine.
Also well put.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; December 2nd, 2014 at 01:34 PM. Reason: If a bit wordy. ;)
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:48 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What do you get when you cross a gorilla with an elevator?

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:50 PM

I like it, but I'm sad to see eject go...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards