Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Vehicle rules Discussion thread With Greyowl

I definitely see situations where there are special attacks for vehicles. I just don't think every single one of them could be a special attack. The example with the gun mounted on a jeep definitely could be, but I don't want to commit to all of them having to be.
Old July 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I definitely see situations where there are special attacks for vehicles. I just don't think every single one of them could be a special attack. The example with the gun mounted on a jeep definitely could be, but I don't want to commit to all of them having to be.
Fair enough. I say just go with it as is for now and see how it goes. What do you think about moving on to a first stab at a card ... say the Batmobile that Felindar was interested in? I can think of plenty of interesting powers for it already ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2009, 12:27 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
ENTERING AND EXITING VEHICLES - a figure may enter a vehicle from any adjacent and same-level empty space. Entering the vehicle counts as two spaces of movement. Exiting the vehicle also counts as two spaces of movement, and any figure exiting a vehicle must move to an adjacent, same-level empty space.
Is this necessary? If I want my guy to fly or jump out of a car on a cliff's edge down to a space 20 spaces below, shouldn't I be able to?

Quote:
PILOTS AND GUNNERS - In order for any vehicle to move or attack, it must have at least one figure placed on its card. It must have at least the number of pilots stated in the PGP Limit in order to move, and also the minimum number of gunners stated in the PGP Limit in order to attack. Usually the same figure can serve as both Pilot and Gunner, but some vehicles may require separate Pilots and Gunners. In those cases, it will be stated as a special power on the Vehicle Card.
Spelling error corrected in the first bold. For the second, I'm thinking you could drop that completely at this point. I think it's covered in your PGP and your description of what PGP entails. I don't think you need special powers at all.

Quote:
PASSENGERS - In addition to any Pilots and Gunners, a vehicle may carry additional passengers. The maximum number of people a vehicle can carry, including Pilots and Gunners, is shown in the PGP Limit.
This still needs something about placing the figures on the Vehicle Card and them being considered "inside" the Vehicle as long as their figures are on the card, right?

Quote:
SIZE LIMITATIONS - all figures in a vehicle must be the same size as the vehicle or smaller (Medium vehicles can only carry Medium or smaller figuers, Large vehicles can only carry Large or smaller figures, etc.). Pilots and Gunners must be Medium with a height between 4 and 6. Note that this implies that no vehicles can be smaller than Medium, as it would not be possible to have a Pilot or Gunner for it. Any exceptions will be stated in a special power on the Vehicle Card.
Wouldn't any two base or larger figure be considered "Large" though? Yet, I'd think a Large Batmobile would only be able to carry Medium or Smaller figures. Maybe we should say that only Huge vehicles can carry figures larger than Medium? Maybe we could even prohibit Huge figures from being in vehicles all together. I can't imagine Grimnak even on a Starship, honestly ...

Quote:
LARGE VEHICLES - if a vehicle takes up more than two spaces, all movement should be measure off the hex that a key point of the vehicle is on. That key point will be designated by a yellow dot on the target zone picture of the vehicle.
Looking forward to seeing what this looks like on our first card.

Quote:
TERRAIN EFFECTS - At the end of its movement, the maximum number of levels for different parts of the vehicle base, or the terrain under the vehicle, cannot be greater that its Climb Rating.
Another spelling fix in bold.

Quote:
CHANGING POSITIONS - instead of moving and attacking with a vehicle, you may rearrange the positions of any figures inside the vehicle.
It's unclear what exactly it means to change positions inside the vehicle in terms of game mechanics ...

Quote:
ATTACKING AND DEFENDING WITH PILOTS AND GUNNERS - Pilots and Gunners inside a vehicle may not attack using their normal or special attacks, and may not use any other special abilities on their cards.
Does that include special defensive abilities? For instance, if Sgt. Drake is piloting a Tank, does that mean he can no longer use Thorian Speed?

Quote:
ATTACKING WITH PASSENGERS - Passengers in the vehicles may attack only with normal attacks that have a range greater than 1. When passengers attack from a vehicle, they roll 1 less attack die and have their range reduced by 1. Pilots and Gunners may not attack while in a vehicle. Passengers may not use any special powers that are on their Army Cards.
Another spelling fix - just added an "s." The second bolded part can be cut, as you covered it in the section above. You should mention something about special attacks for Passengers in this section in order to be consistent with the Pilot/Gunner section. Though I suppose Special Attacks are Special Powers. But they're referred to separately in the Pilot/Gunner section, so this would be to avoid confusion.

Quote:
ATTACKING AND DEFENDING WITH A VEHICLE- In order for a vehicle to attack, you must reveal an Order Marker on either a Pilot or a Gunner that is in the vehicle, and the minimum number of required Gunners must be present inside the vehicle.
When a Gunner attacks from inside a vehicle only the stats and powers on the Vehicle Card are used. The stats and powers of any figures that are on the Vehicle Card are ignored. Line of sight is determined from the green dot on the target zone shown on the Vehicle Card.
This all looks good, but what about when a Pilot attacks from inside a vehicle? This seems like the place to spell out "Collision" attacks.

Quote:
Enemy figures may only attack a vehicle, and not any figures that are on the Vehicle Card. When attacking or defending, vehicles get the same height advantage bonuses as normal figures. Some vehicles are designed in a way that their occupants are more exposed and can therefore be targeted directly. Those cases will be addressed through special powers on the vehicle card.
This answers my question about defensive powers on figure cards pretty well. Drake wouldn't even have a need for Thorian Speed, since he won't be attacked.

[quote=GreyOwl;870289]
[This will guarantee that Force users will never be automatically destroyed in a vehicle crash, though they can still be wounded. Superstrength figures will never even be wounded. I think both are appropriately thematic.] [quote=GreyOwl;870289]

This works for me!

Quote:
COLLISIONS - A vehicle may drive through any figures that are Medium or smaller. Moving through a figure counts as 2 spaces of movement. When a vehicle moves through a figure, it counts as an attack against the figure. For the vehicle, attack using its Collision Attack number. The defending figure rolls defense dice normally. Note that a Gunner is not required to attack with a vehicle's Collision Attack, only a Pilot.
I wonder if this shouldn't work more like TKN's Trample special attack? I think it's unclear in this text how the Vehicle has to end up with all bases not on occupied spaces and how exactly that works. I think Trample could be a real good direction for clarifying that type of thing and thematically the two are doing the same thing anyhow.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:02 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

What a brilliant idea. I love it a lot! And such a great start & lot of thought already. Amazing.

I just want to get some clarity about turning first of all.
Now I get the whole idea of moving forward in a straight line before turning (great idea) & this is how I interpret it for a turning radius of 1:

Now counting the front left space, this truck (well my representation of) takes 6 moves to do a "U-turn".
So that's a turn radius of 1 what about 0? It could look like this:

In this case it takes the truck only 3 movements to do a "U-turn". However from my understanding of you referring to the movement of a "normal figure" it could also look like this:

So this time the truck completed a "U-turn" in 2 movements (which resembles a "hand-brake" turn). So my point/question is do we need further clarification here or a different way to put the intention across?

How do we ensure that custom creators make their orientation correct? Should we have a set of rules also for that side? In demonstration the following would both be incorrect:

On the point IAmBatman just raised I like him can see the arguments of both sides. On one hand you want the Army Card to be as simple as possible & not introduce to many new aspects to the game, so the card should have an attack on it. But you want to try & capture some coolness & a bit of realism so you want to include a Collision value also which means either another category on the card or as suggested 2 values separated by a slash. Or put the attack as Special Ability? I don't like the attack as a special ability myself, but if that's what keeps it simple in the end I'll go along with it. But I would like to suggest that the Collision is just a standard ruling & not on the card at all. Then we could just have special abilities that alter the collision if need be. Just my .

I would like to put in as a suggestion (discussion piece) that as part of the collision that if the collision doesn't do damage & the figure has Super Strength that the vehicles movement ceases. And/or if the figure doesn't have Super Strength or the collision does do damage & the figure if still alive that the figure moves along with the vehicle. Just an idea.

Great work so far guys.

Cheers
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:45 AM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
How do we ensure that custom creators make their orientation correct? Should we have a set of rules also for that side? In demonstration the following would both be incorrect:
My tiny contribution to this:
a vehicle should be "oriented" so that it can go straight
the ones in the picture can only "slide" left or right.

Great thread: i am (almost) silently looking at him.

Would you like to listen to my music?

Old July 13th, 2009, 10:01 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
this is how I interpret it for a turning radius of 1:
A vehicle with a turn radius of 1 could make a tighter turn than what you have illustrated above. Keep in mind that the turn itself doesn't require any movement. Let me explain.

For clarity I'm going to number the red dots on your diagram from 1-7, starting on the left. If a vehicle has a turn radius of 1, it must move from #1 to #2 before it can turn. At that point it turns to the right. Then it moves forward one space to #3. At that point, it can turn again (whereas in your drawing, it moves two spaces before turning).

I hope that's clear...
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Is this necessary? If I want my guy to fly or jump out of a car on a cliff's edge down to a space 20 spaces below, shouldn't I be able to?
Good point. I removed the restriction.

Quote:
Spelling error corrected in the first bold. For the second, I'm thinking you could drop that completely at this point. I think it's covered in your PGP and your description of what PGP entails. I don't think you need special powers at all.
Fixed.

Quote:
This still needs something about placing the figures on the Vehicle Card and them being considered "inside" the Vehicle as long as their figures are on the card, right?
This is already in the section titled USING VEHICLES.

Quote:
Wouldn't any two base or larger figure be considered "Large" though? Yet, I'd think a Large Batmobile would only be able to carry Medium or Smaller figures. Maybe we should say that only Huge vehicles can carry figures larger than Medium? Maybe we could even prohibit Huge figures from being in vehicles all together. I can't imagine Grimnak even on a Starship, honestly ...
Grimnak would fit on a Star Destroyer... I do like the first part of your suggestion, though, and made those changes.

Quote:
Fixed.

Quote:
It's unclear what exactly it means to change positions inside the vehicle in terms of game mechanics ...
It would allow you to switch a Pilot with a Gunner or Passenger, in order to use different synergies that may be on their cards. It would also help if you want to put the Pilot Order Marker on a specific figure that will be doing something else later, like exiting the vehicle. I clarified these reasons in the next version of the rules.

Quote:
Does that include special defensive abilities? For instance, if Sgt. Drake is piloting a Tank, does that mean he can no longer use Thorian Speed?
That's a good catch, I think he could. There is always the possibility of an "exposed" vehicle that would allow targeting of the figures directly (like a Speeder Bike).

Quote:
Another spelling fix - just added an "s." The second bolded part can be cut, as you covered it in the section above. You should mention something about special attacks for Passengers in this section in order to be consistent with the Pilot/Gunner section. Though I suppose Special Attacks are Special Powers. But they're referred to separately in the Pilot/Gunner section, so this would be to avoid confusion.
Fixed.

Quote:
This all looks good, but what about when a Pilot attacks from inside a vehicle? This seems like the place to spell out "Collision" attacks.
Added it in.

Quote:
This answers my question about defensive powers on figure cards pretty well. Drake wouldn't even have a need for Thorian Speed, since he won't be attacked.
Actually, you were right the first time. Since a special power on the vehicle card could potentially allow a figure to be directly targeted, it needs to be addressed.

Quote:
I wonder if this shouldn't work more like TKN's Trample special attack? I think it's unclear in this text how the Vehicle has to end up with all bases not on occupied spaces and how exactly that works. I think Trample could be a real good direction for clarifying that type of thing and thematically the two are doing the same thing anyhow.
The difference I see is that TKN has that requirement because if he fails to stomp, he has to stop his movement. The vehicle (as currently written) doesn't have to stop, so I didn't think it was relevant. What do you think?

Okay, for Destructible Objects, they aren't compatible currently. Perhaps we could (and should?) make them so they are compatible, however.

Here are the main problem points I see:

1. On a DO card, the Move # represents a modification to the Move of the figure carrying the DO. On a Vehicle card, there are 2 Move numbers, neither of which signify this.

2. On a DO card, the Attack # represents the value to use when attacking with the DO. On a vehicle card, this isn't represented. Perhaps we could use the Collision Attack value for this, which I think would be "close enough".

The main thing that would need to be fixed is the Move number issue.

Anyway, next version:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CUSTOM VEHICLE RULES 1.3

VEHICLE CARDS

Vehicle Cards have several differences from normal Army Cards.

1. Instead of a Species, there is a "PGP Limit". "PGP" stands for "Pilot, Gunner, and Passengers". This is a list of 3 numbers seperated by slashes. The first number indicates the minimum number of Pilots needed to drive the vehicle, the second is the minimum number of Gunners needed for the vehicle to attack with its Base Attack (defined later), and the third number is the maximum number of passengers the vehicle can carry (including the Pilots and Gunnners). So a Police Car, for example, needs 1 driver, needs no gunner since the vehicle has no built in weapons, and can carry a total of 5 people. It's PGP Limit would be written as "1/0/5". On the card, this would be shown as "PGP 1/0/5", for example.

2. Instead of a Personality, a vehicle has a Climb Rating. A Climb Rating is a single number that shows the maximum number of levels a vehicle can go up or down between two hexes. It also determines the maximum number of levels difference there can be on different parts of the vehicle at the end of its move. This will be listed as "Climb 2", for example.

3. The class, size, and height are the same as for normal Army Cards.
4. Vehicle Cards have 2 Attack numbers. The first attack number is the Base Attack and the second attack number is the Collision Attack.

5. Vehicle Cards have 2 Move numbers. The first move number is the Base Move and the second move number is the Turn Radius.

USING VEHICLES - a vehicle requires figures in order to be used. Any figure that is on the Vehicle Card is considered to be inside the vehicle. Figures placed over the card name panel are considered Pilots. Figures placed over the card picture area are Gunners. Figures placed either next to the card or anywhere else on the card are considered Passengers.

ENTERING AND EXITING VEHICLES - a figure may enter a vehicle from any adjacent and same-level empty space. Entering the vehicle counts as two spaces of movement. Exiting the vehicle also counts as two spaces of movement.

PILOTS AND GUNNERS - In order for any vehicle to move or attack, it must have at least one figure placed on its card. It must have at least the number of pilots stated in the PGP Limit in order to move, and also the minimum number of gunners stated in the PGP Limit in order to attack. Usually the same figure can serve as both Pilot and Gunner, but some vehicles may require separate Pilots and Gunners.

PASSENGERS - In addition to any Pilots and Gunners, a vehicle may carry additional passengers. The maximum number of people a vehicle can carry, including Pilots and Gunners, is shown in the PGP Limit.

SIZE LIMITATIONS - vehicles that are smaller than Huge can only carry Medium or smaller figures. Huge vehicles can figures of any size. Pilots and Gunners must be Medium with a height between 4 and 6. Note that this implies that no vehicles can be smaller than Medium, as it would not be possible to have a Pilot or Gunner for it. Any exceptions will be stated in a special power on the Vehicle Card.

ORDER MARKERS - a Vehicle Card never has Order Markers placed on it. The Pilot must have Order Markers on its card in order for the vehicle to move or attack with its Collision Attack. In order to attack, in addition to the Pilot needing an Order Marker, the minimum number of Gunners must also be present in the vehicle.

MOVING

PILOTING A VEHICLE - In order for a vehicle to move, you must reveal an Order Marker on a Pilot that is in the vehicle, and the minimum number of required Pilots must be in the vehicle.

TURN RADIUS - A Vehicle Card has two move numbers, seperated by a slash. The first number (known as the Base Move of the vehicle) is the total number of spaces it may move in a single turn, and is analogous to the move number of normal Army Cards. The second number (known as the Turn Radius of the vehicle) is the minimum number of spaces the vehicle must move in a straight line before changing direction. Note that there are 6 possible straight lines from each hex. If the second number is zero, then the vehicle would be able to move just like a normal figure. The Turn Radius only applies within a single turn and "resets" at the end of the turn. Therefore, there is no need to keep track of how many spaces the vehicle moved in a straight line between turns.

LARGE VEHICLES - if a vehicle takes up more than two spaces, all movement should be measure off the hex that a key point of the vehicle is on. That key point will be designated by a yellow dot on the target zone picture of the vehicle.

TERRAIN EFFECTS - At the end of its movement, the maximum number of levels for different parts of the vehicle base, or the terrain under the vehicle, cannot be greater that its Climb Rating. When moving from one space to another, a vehicle may not go up or down a total number of levels greater than its Climb Rating. Unless otherwise stated on a special power on the Vehicle Card, vehicles must obey the same rules of terrain as normal figures (they must stop when entering a water space, must roll for molten lava damage, etc.)

FALLING - vehicles are subject to falling damage in exactly the same way as normal figures.

CHANGING POSITIONS - instead of moving and attacking with a vehicle, you may rearrange the positions of any figures inside the vehicle. This can be used to switch between Pilots, Gunners, and Passengers either for purposes of special powers on that figure's card, or in anticipation of using that figure once they exit the vehicle.

COMBAT

ATTACKING AND DEFENDING WITH PILOTS AND GUNNERS - Pilots and Gunners inside a vehicle may not attack using their normal or special attacks, and may not use any other special abilities on their cards.

ATTACKING WITH PASSENGERS - Passengers in the vehicles may attack only with normal attacks that have a range greater than 1. When passengers attack from a vehicle, they roll 1 less attack die and have their range reduced by 1. Passengers may not use any special attacks while in a vehicle, but they can use other special powers on their cards. When using a special power that requires a roll of the 20-sided dice while in vehicle, subtract 2 from your roll.

ATTACKING AND DEFENDING WITH A VEHICLE- In order for a vehicle to attack with its Base Attack, you must reveal an Order Marker on either a Pilot or a Gunner that is in the vehicle, and the minimum number of required Gunners must be present inside the vehicle.
When a Gunner attacks from inside a vehicle only the stats and powers on the Vehicle Card are used. The stats and powers of any figures that are on the Vehicle Card are ignored. Line of sight is determined from the green dot on the target zone shown on the Vehicle Card. Pilots in a vehicle can only attack using the vehicle's Collision Attack.

Enemy figures may only attack a vehicle, and not any figures that are on the Vehicle Card. When attacking or defending, vehicles get the same height advantage bonuses as normal figures. Some vehicles are designed in a way that their occupants are more exposed and can therefore be targeted directly. Those cases will be addressed through special powers on the vehicle card.

DESTRUCTION OF A VEHICLE - When a vehicle is destroyed, place all figures that were on the Vehicle Card on the spaces where the vehicle was. If no space is available on which to place a figure, then choose adjacent empty spaces. If no adjacent empty spaces are available, the figure is destroyed. After the vehicle is destroyed and all figures are placed on the appropriate spaces, roll the 20-sided die for each figure. If you roll 1-5, the figure is destroyed. If you roll 6-10 the figure receives two wounds. If you roll 11-15, the figure receives one wound. If you roll 16 or higher, the figure takes no damage. Figures with the Superstrength Symbol on their card are immune to this damage. Figures with the Force Symbol on their card may add 5 to their roll.

COLLISIONS - A vehicle may drive through any figures that are Medium or smaller. Moving through a figure counts as 2 spaces of movement. When a vehicle moves through a figure, it counts as an attack against the figure. For the vehicle, attack using its Collision Attack number. The defending figure rolls defense dice normally. Note that a Gunner is not required to attack with a vehicle's Collision Attack, only a Pilot.
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Quote:
I think somehow designating where movement should be based from on the actual card's hitzone is the way to go for this. The "all players must agree" is the part that sounds off to me on there, and the answer is to establish it on the card. I believe Felindar said something about designating this with yellow on the hitzone, and that seemed like a good idea.
He was talking about designating the entry/exit points of a vehicle with yellow. But I like your idea, we can do that.

Nope I ment the space or part of the Vehical from which to count movement.

Also, I think we need to have the hight of the vehical stated. If we are going to allow them on the vehical at all.

Perhaps to avoid confusion we should place order markers on the vehicle card. That will avoid problems over why the gunner can shoot without an order marker on him. The vehicle just can not move without a driver or shoot without a gunner. If both of the slots are filled than the vehicle can do both.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; July 13th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old July 13th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post

Also, I think we need to have the hight of the vehical stated. If we are going to allow them on the vehical at all.
The size and height of the vehicle will be on the card, just like for normal figures.
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The difference I see is that TKN has that requirement because if he fails to stomp, he has to stop his movement. The vehicle (as currently written) doesn't have to stop, so I didn't think it was relevant. What do you think?
But it still has to make sure it ends its move on spaces not occupied by other figures. This was the main thing I liked about Trample Stomp and that I thought was stealable. We can tweak some of the other stuff.

Quote:
Okay, for Destructible Objects, they aren't compatible currently. Perhaps we could (and should?) make them so they are compatible, however.

Here are the main problem points I see:

1. On a DO card, the Move # represents a modification to the Move of the figure carrying the DO. On a Vehicle card, there are 2 Move numbers, neither of which signify this.

2. On a DO card, the Attack # represents the value to use when attacking with the DO. On a vehicle card, this isn't represented. Perhaps we could use the Collision Attack value for this, which I think would be "close enough".
Hmm ... we could alter the way we do DO cards to make the move and normal attack adjustments based strictly on the size of the object and then use special attacks on the card to do the rest. Then straight up DO cards would allow you to use the special attacks as a figure and vehicle cards would require you to be in the vehicle to use them, but both would be things you could throw, wield, defend with, etc.
Does that sound workable?

I'll read over the new rules set and respond to them in a bit here ... and then I have some suggestions for an initial trial card, the Batmobile!

Old July 13th, 2009, 01:27 PM

Here's a mockup of how the cards would look (real special powers and stats to be filled in later).

What I was thinking is that we should use a single color scheme for the border and panels, just like official destructible object cards do. I'm not sure what colors would be best, though. The fog color should still be variable, based on the picture.
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
1. Instead of a Species, there is a "PGP Limit". "PGP" stands for "Pilot, Gunner, and Passengers". This is a list of 3 numbers separated by slashes.

Quote:
2. Instead of a Personality, a vehicle has a Climb Rating. A Climb Rating is a single number that shows the maximum number of levels a vehicle can go up or down between two hexes. It also determines the maximum number of levels difference there can be on different parts of the vehicle at the end of its move. This will be listed as "Climb 2", for example.
Should we change the bolded part to be "number of levels of difference there can be between the front and back end of the vehicle at the end of its move"? I fear opening it up to any part of the vehicle being on a different level could cause problems, so it might help to refer to it by the frontmost and backmost bases.

Quote:
USING VEHICLES - a vehicle requires figures in order to be used. Any figure that is on the Vehicle Card is considered to be inside the vehicle. Figures placed over the card name panel are considered Pilots. Figures placed over the card picture area are Gunners. Figures placed either next to the card or anywhere else on the card are considered Passengers.
Nice distinction. I wonder if we could actually design the cards in such a way as to allow spots for the placement of Pilot/Gunner/Passengers? Or would that subtract too much from all the power text we'll want to include?

Quote:
SIZE LIMITATIONS - Vehicles that are smaller than Huge can only carry Medium or smaller figures. Huge vehicles can carry figures of any size.
Just a couple of quick fixes.

Quote:
ORDER MARKERS - a Vehicle Card never has Order Markers placed on it. The Pilot must have Order Markers on its card in order for the vehicle to move or attack with its Collision Attack. In order to attack with a normal attack, in addition to the Pilot needing an Order Marker, the minimum number of Gunners must also be present in the vehicle.
A quick clarification added in bold.

Quote:
Since two based figures are considered "Large" in Heroscape, should this section be called "Huge" vehicles? Or even "Oversized Vehicles"?

Quote:
TERRAIN EFFECTS - At the end of its movement, the maximum number of levels for different parts of the vehicle base, or the terrain under the vehicle, cannot be greater that its Climb Rating.
I'm not sure I completely understand this passage. An example might help clarify ...

Quote:
CHANGING POSITIONS - instead of moving and attacking with a vehicle, you may rearrange the positions of any figures inside the vehicle. This can be used to switch between Pilots, Gunners, and Passengers either for purposes of special powers on that figure's card, or in anticipation of using that figure once they exit the vehicle.
Coupled with earlier changes, this "Chinese Fire Drill" section is a lot clearer.

Quote:
Nice addition. I could see something like "Exposed Vehicle" as a common special power that allows for attacking of all passengers directly. This will be a good thing to have a grasp on when we want to do boats, for instance.

Quote:
This still needs a stipulation that a Vehicle can only drive through a figure if it can end its turn on unoccupied spaces. And I also think you should move this up to under the section about the Normal Attack from a Vehicle to improve the flow of this. This section feels a bit lost all the way down here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations