Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 14th, 2017, 01:20 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

If you're adjacent, you don't need line of sight to attack.

Also, you can use a ranged attack *down* a ladder, because you may use the edge of the base as an alternate sighting point.
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:43 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Also, you can use a ranged attack *down* a ladder, because you may use the edge of the base as an alternate sighting point.
Thanks, I did not know that. Huh. Is that always true? Or only when on a ladder?

For instance, can I slide Q9's base slightly over the edge of a cliff and be able to shoot figures down below that he could not otherwise see?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:50 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

Thanks, I did not know that. Huh. Is that always true? Or only when on a ladder?

For instance, can I slide Q9's base slightly over the edge of a cliff and be able to shoot figures down below that he could not otherwise see?

~Z
Only on ladders. One of those weird rules that doesn’t come up much.

If you want Q9 to be able to see more, you can place him facing away from a set of battlements. He can then see forward as usual, and backwards by using the battlement points as alternate target points.
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:04 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Two figures on a ladder, one above the other, would not be adjacent since the base of one figure is higher than the top of the other figure.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Two figures on a ladder, one above the other, would not be adjacent since the base of one figure is higher than the top of the other figure.
But on ladders two figures are considered adjacent if neither can move closer on the ladder to the other.
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Where is that rule listed superfrog?
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:50 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortress of the Archkyrie Rulebook
lf two figures are on the same Ladder, the two figures are engaged if neither figure can move closer on the Ladder to the other.
See Example 28.
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I cannot believe I did not know that. Wow. Thank you.
In hindsight it makes complete sense as otherwise you could safely snipe from a ladder and no range figures would just lose.
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:40 PM

LeiaBlaze Woo who?

So when I got Heroscape, the dice I received looked like this:

As seen, it has both attack and defense symbols. These dice came with both ROTV and SOTM, and I assumed were the type of dice everyone used. But then I went looking for Heroscape videos online and found that a few people were using these:

Which are clearly supposed to be seperate dice used for attacking and defending. So this left me with a few questions: What are these dice and are they specifically supposed to be used instead of the other type? Are they legal in tournaments? My dice that came with Sir Gilbert are blue bordered with indents; can they be used as standard play?
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

The bottom ones are from the first edition of the game. You're right, the red are for attack and the blue for defense. Those are legal for tournaments, it just means you have to carry more dice around.

Sir Gilbert's dice could also be used, just ignore the Jandar symbols except if you're rolling for his special power.

The vast majority of people (EDIT: in my experience, maybe not universally) use the white dice. A few use flagbearer dice or the red/blue dice, and some (like @Sir Heroscape ) use custom dice.

Last edited by superfrog; November 14th, 2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:34 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The vast majority of people use the white dice.
I wonder how accurate this is. I greatly prefer the red and blue dice. I think the white dice are more plentiful, so that could be a factor, but far inferior if you ask me. And not because they fail me. All dice do that.
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Up here in Ohio, lots of folks use Flagbearer dice. I like the MtG dice (which use crossed swords and big shields), the red and blue dice or Flagbearer dice if I remember to pack em. All perfectly legal since they follow the same symbol/face convention. 3 “hit” symbols and 2 “block” symbols.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's