Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 7th, 2015, 12:48 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Ninja's Customs: Niydac 3/24/2020

Here are some custom units I've made recently. Feedback is much appreciated as always .

ULLAR:
Spoiler Alert!

JANDAR:
Spoiler Alert!

AQUILLA:
Spoiler Alert!

UTGAR:
Spoiler Alert!

VALKRILL:
Spoiler Alert!

EINAR:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ninja Status; March 24th, 2020 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added more
Old June 7th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Ninja's Customs: Knights of Valledonn

Thanks for sharing, NS!

A two-figure unique melee squad is *really* tough to get right, in my opinion. And these guys with defense 3 are going to fall pretty quickly. Both of their abilities will be difficult to use often, even in an advantageous army. I suggest you try them out & see what you think, if you have not already done so. If you like them as they are, consider playing with them to help find a good price point. I would start much lower than they are; try 45.

I like Brother's Keeper as a thematic power, and I like Tunneling Rupture, too. Though that doesn't look like a Marro to me.

Thanks again for sharing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 7th, 2015, 04:21 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Talking Re: Ninja's Customs: Knights of Valledonn

Cool guys. I like that Marro in particular. Here's my misinformed and unwelcome feedback:

Knights of Validon: Unique, melee, 2-man squad, relatively unsynergetic... yeah, I wouldn't go higher than 45 for these guy's price tag. 2-Man squads sacrifice a lot of board control, even more when one of them dies. And with 3 defense, that won't take long. I'd drop the price tag or beef up their stats to a more justifiable level. Otherwise I could see using them as fast defenders for Knight and Valiant armies.

Ed Nessing: Unless you really like Van Nessing, I don't see myself paying 10 points more than Van himself for a worse figure with a chance to heal him, IMO. Still, he keeps Van going and doing what he does best, and any addition to Warewolf Lord armies are welcome ones.

Mar-Kor-Na: How does this not look like a Marro, D_S? This guy's fast and can hit hard, especially with Su-Bak-Na, although his poor survivability keeps him in relative check. He brings a good insta-kill power to Roman armies too. Does he take leaving engagement attacks when he Burrows, or Ruptures (the wording calls it "Burrows" but the power is "Tunneling Rupture")?

J-42 Oppression Troops: Like other Mariedians, but different in their own right. I do wonder how "evil Mariedians" fit into the whole Alpha Prime mix...

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 7th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I was commenting about the mini, that's all. He's my favorite of the group, otherwise. And I could be persuaded about the mini, too.

= =
Old June 7th, 2015, 10:03 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Mar-Kor-Na: How does this not look like a Marro, D_S? This guy's fast and can hit hard, especially with Su-Bak-Na, although his poor survivability keeps him in relative check. He brings a good insta-kill power to Roman armies too. Does he take leaving engagement attacks when he Burrows, or Ruptures (the wording calls it "Burrows" but the power is "Tunneling Rupture")?

~TAF
Yeah, that's a typo, my bad. The power was originally called Burrow but I changed it to Tunneling Rupture and forgot to change it in the actual description of the power. This should be better, I also took care of the leaving engagement attack problem:

Thanks for the feedback guys, this really helps.

EDIT: Also, @Dad_Scaper I thought the flesh-toned color on the mini was good enough, plus the stance and the overall sculpt of the figure. But I'll keep that point in mind, thanks!
Old June 7th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

The idea of a tunneling Marro suggests a different body type, so it's not much of a stretch.

= =
Old June 7th, 2015, 08:36 PM
...Something unique

Re: Ninja's Customs: Egrok the Master

Hey everybody. I had some free time today and also found a miniature that looked really cool. So, here is my newest custom design.
Egrok the Master:

The miniature I used is the Dungeons and Dragons Ogre Mage.

~NS
Old June 18th, 2015, 09:47 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Just a point of clarification on naming.

Van Nessing is an homage both to the monster hunter Abraham Van Helsing in the 1897 novel Dracula, and to Heroscape creator Craig Van Ness. These men's given names are Abraham and Craig; "Van" is part of their surnames, like De Silva or Du Pont. We don't call these guys Mr. Silva, Mr. Pont, or Mr. Nessing; and their first names are not De, Du, or Van.

So if your Aquilla character is the brother of Mr. [Abraham or Craig?] Van Nessing, then you probably want to name him Edward Van Nessing.

You may also want your game text to say "If you control another Van Nessing" to avoid referential confusion. Or if you also want to design their sister.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:03 PM
...Something unique

Thanks for the advice, JaB

Here is my next custom design. With some help from @Son of Arathorn with the words (sorry, @Dad_Scaper your thread looked a bit busy ) I feel like this guy is fairly solid.

The miniature I used is the D&D Harbinger Wraith. Availability isn't the best here, but hopefully I can find some more. Cool Stuff Inc. has 6 and eBay has a total of 8 and I'm still looking.

Last edited by Ninja Status; June 20th, 2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added more numbers.
Old June 20th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ninja's Customs: Druin

Egrok: A noble attempt to resurrect Gurei-Oni. I like Evil Eye Entrapment's OM-removal potential, but the other half of the power (defense reduction) seems wasted seeing as how it has a Range of 2 but he only has a Range of 1--he can't reach anyone it affects at a distance. That's the risk you run I suppose, but a hefty price to pay for a once-per-round power.

Druin: Yeesh, even with 2 defense this guy's scarily similar to Cyprien in terms of healing potential and being hard to tie down. Luckily he's still not as reliable, and without 4 defense he's bound to slip up and pay for it sooner or later. 95 seems about right if you ask me.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 20th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Hah! Yes, I'm a bit behind. Going to work on it now. But really, if Son of Arathorn can't help you, who can?

= =
Old June 21st, 2015, 09:59 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Druin: Yeesh, even with 2 defense this guy's scarily similar to Cyprien in terms of healing potential and being hard to tie down. Luckily he's still not as reliable, and without 4 defense he's bound to slip up and pay for it sooner or later. 95 seems about right if you ask me.

~TAF
That's the vein my thoughts ran in as well- though Druin is probably better against low-defense squads than Cyprien (if he can get the jump on them), and worse against high-defense heroes, (Q9 & Soulborgs not withstanding) since Chilling Touch is absent from Druin's card (so no way to slip past defense dice). It's an interesting tradeoff that makes him a cheap, dangerous, very shark-y unit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards