Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 24th, 2022, 08:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Unit Discussion - Wave 13 ; Booster 1 ; Part 2

Lightning Lad is a solid enough figure with a strong special attack for his cost. He plays tug of war the least with the other main faction pieces, so he's usually a good plug in.

3/B

Saturn Girl has really devastating potential, but her need to horde Order Markers to be her most effective fights against her faction. Possibly better as a generalist as a result.

2/B+

Superboy is a solid tank and slugger for the price with some bonus auto-wounding to boot. Really solid, especially if you can lead with someone else and get them a bit bloodied first.

3/A-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2022, 08:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Lightning Lad feels like setting up a Turret or Sentry Gun in a video game - you get him to a nice position and just blast away for however long you can. The amount of dice he throws is pretty decent for his point range, but it isn't mind-blowing. Might be fun with Red Skull II, I've never tried it.

Saturn Girl is one of my favorite units in the game, she's just so unique. The real trick with Psychic Blast, imo, is just playing the chess-style numbers game. If she can hurt herself to inflict a higher-value wound, do it. The OM burn is okay in non-Legion builds, but she'll often fall so fast that I don't really consider inflicting wounds on her an issue.

Mental Walls is a nice bonus, but I've long since given up building around it or treating it as the reason to draft her - the fact that it does nothing to SAs means any decent army is going to be able to punk her pretty bad. That's why I often find it better to just go berserker with self-wounding. Haven't played her with Vandal Savage yet though, he might have some value there.

(I'll also plug Lightning Lad II and say he helps Saturn Girl out a bit.)

Superboy is a decent bruiser with a neat trick in his auto-wounding. You can either laser the same dude you're punching, or you can punch one figure while lasering a higher value target. I had a great moment a while back where Wolverine engaged Superboy to try and stop Clark from beating down Xavier - only for Clark to laser Xavier to death while still handling Wolverine.
Old April 27th, 2022, 12:15 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Old April 27th, 2022, 02:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Unit Discussion - Wave 13 ; Booster 2 ; Part 1

Cyborg Superman is kind of a significantly depowered Superman (II) with slow healing for 70 points less. Destroyer synergies are decent, but he's not a go to in terms of bang for buck. There are just too many better things you can get for 380.

3/C+

Eradicator's main use is basically as a healer in a Kryptonian-based army (Superman Family or Zod). Basically you want him in the second wave after some Kryptonians are a bit wounded, then use his special attack to wound himself (or disengage freely) and use Solar Transference to heal your Kryptonian allies. It's a fine strategies with a few extra hoops, but not amazing or anything. At least on the tankier Kryptonians, a single heal can be pretty significant.

2/B-

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 28th, 2022, 05:40 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Unit Discussion - Wave 12 ; Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Has anyone tried this Ra’s with Talons? They might make him considerably more competitive.
Couldn't remember which game it was, but found I used that combo against Splash for game 2 against Matt Murdock.

Splash's writeup:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=120

My summary:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 2nd, 2022, 09:35 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Unit Discussion - Wave 13 ; Booster 2 ; Part 1

Yeah I'd say Cyborg Supes and Eradicator are both fairly overshadowed at this point. Cyborg is ok for his price but nothing great. I like the interplay of Eradicator's powers, but never really saw much use for him.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 10:38 AM

Re: C3G Unit Discussion - Wave 13 ; Booster 2 ; Part 2

Being a Champion helps Steel some, but he's never competing with Hawkwoman if you're just looking to fill one 260 point slot. His problem is his first special attack is the best of what he does, but you want to keep him unengaged to use it and you can only use it once per round. And you also preferably want to use it at the end of the round, because his attack is crap for the rest of the round after you use it.

And then he's a 4 life, 6 defense figure with no defensive powers. I think if he were made now, he'd be 200-220 points max.

3/C-

Before he was changed, you could put Superboy in a Gundam and absorb all the attacks the Gundam took for one wound at a time. It was sick. You can still put Superboy in a Gundam and protect his Titans and Sidekick allies that way, which is still pretty good. He's a pretty solid piece in one of the most competitive factions (Titans). He pairs nicely with Starfire (who loves protection and a good wound soak) and Raven (who is happy to heal him and fire those wounds back at other people). Superboy, Starfire, Raven, Nightwing, Red Robin is a reliably competitive 1000 point army. I think he's probably the second most competitive Titan piece after Raven, though the recent changes made him a factional-exclusive rather than a great generalist piece like her.

4/A

Superman (II) is even faster and tankier than Superman (I) for 50 points more, and lacks the Heroic Defense weakness. He's still just a single attack, but that single attack is strong. Point-for-point I probably take Thor (I) over him, but it's reasonably competitive. Heat Vision is OK if you can't get into engagement or need a special attack, but it tends to be too streaky to rely on. Super Breath is great to have if you're on a lava map, but that's about it. He doesn't have any major flaws, but most of the time you can find more competitive uses for the points.

3/B+

Old May 2nd, 2022, 11:26 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Agreed that Steel is a bit overpriced. He’s got okay stats and good flexibility with his specials, but he’s just 40-50 points too expensive.

Superboy is a fantastic Titans piece. He works especially well alongside the Nightwing/Raven/Starfire trio as his protection offers great synergy to them. Plus he’s got 6 attack for when you need a heavy hitter. Easily in the top 4 best Titans alongside those figures mentioned.

Superman II is a powerful tank. He’s a figure that can shut down armies that neglect bringing special attacks or autowounds, because his defense is really hard to counter if you just have normal attacks. He’s fast and can easily assassinate enemy leader figures due to this. Heat Vision offers nice flexibility as well. I’ve never used Super Breath but Superman feels worthwhile without it, IMO.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 02:38 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Man, late on this one but the Cyborg Superman / Eradicator direct comparison is rough. Like Cyborg Supes has +1 A/D but.... then their first power is the same... and I'd generally consider Eradicator's other powers better than Cyborg Supes's? Like where is that 100 extra points going?

Not a fan of Steel v1 (hence Steel v2). His special attack being instead of moving AND being once a round AND lowering his attack dice for the rest of the round is a ton of negatives for... basically nothing.

You have to be at the very edge of its range for the big attack version to even be much of an improvement on just moving and hitting the dude with his normal attack (outside of like happening to get passed powers weak to SAs or something). And like if that's a thing your opponent doesn't want you to do... they have their whole turn free to stop you.

Feels like it really needed to at least be able to ignore figures he's engaged with (like other hammer throwing man, Thor) or something.

Outside of a hard to use, not worth it when you do big hit you can get the rest of his kit (but better) on dudes like Crimson Dynamo for a 100 points less.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 2nd, 2022, 04:04 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I guess people were really anticipating CRX taking off and Kryptonians not reaching much further. Not exactly how that went down.
Old May 2nd, 2022, 04:08 PM

There’s plenty of CRX, but one heal per round isn’t really enough to build an army around

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy