Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd, 2022, 01:06 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mechagodzilla (Kiryu) (Public Testing)

I'm easy. SP updated.

Results in from Splash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mechagodzilla
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: MechaGodzilla and Lady Blackhawk (1010) vs Godzilla and a Skrull(1010)
[/B][/COLOR]
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test FAIL
Map: Mogo
Units: MechaGodzilla and Oracle (1010) vs Old One Eyes, Satanus, BB Pterosaur, 7 CE T-Rex, and a Skrull (1010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Mountain Spring
Units: MechaGodzilla and Oracle (1010) vs Godzilla and a Skrull(1010)
[/B][/COLOR]
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Cost is probably fair right now. Need more tests. Very good offensive options whether you are piloting or have Rage mode on the loose. Better Ranged specials toward Huge figures than Godzilla tbh, Projectile Arsenal did its work beautifully and gives a lot of options, I usually went for that extra attack. Twin Maser is good on figures like Old One Eye who are gonna roll that extra defense, as well as clumps of 2 life/wounded figures. Ghost in the Machine is cool, it’s fun to see MechaGodzilla gain sentience and just wreck stuff. Flying Drag would’ve been used to gain height, but won’t get used against Godzilla since you don’t want to end your turn adjacent if you can help it. That’s just one figure of course.

Oracle is going to be the go-to pilot for MechaGodzilla as if everything works the way I think it does. She basically means you always get initiative and an autoskull every round.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Overall a fun unit, great offense, draft with Oracle.
With additional thoughts from toyhandle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle
THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Mechagodzilla had two different 110pt pilots both games against Godzilla, and Godzilla won with 1 life remaining when Lady Blackhawk piloted, and by 2 life when Oracle piloted. My Skrull Infiltrator was basically useless, so it seems that Godzilla is only just slightly edging out MechaG while at a 10pt disadvantage. However, the first game especially, I was amazed Godzilla pulled through. He seemed like he was going to lose the entire time, until the final defense dice roll came in clutch and he followed up with a big attack.

We didn’t finish our game of MechaG vs Dinos, as we realized we failed to subtract 2 from the roll for every Huge figure within 4 spaces, and he would certainly have turned into an Event Hero multiple times, which would dramatically have changed the game. While he was remaining a Vehicle, he was just hanging out on height ignoring Old One Eye nipping his toes while obliterating the non-adjacent Cursed Earth T-Rexes. If he had become a Hero and could only attack One Eye, that might have put her marker on his card, which would have at least given the Dinos more of a chance. With a Thundering Herd of Dinos nearby, he probably would have been a Hero most of the time.
Interestingly, he seemed prone to turning to the Event Hero side against Godzilla.

Seems balanced as of now. I don’t think it would hurt to drop him to 890 to allow for either Lady Blackhawk or Oracle to make for even 1000pts. Would be surprised if we got the pilot from the movie.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Was fun, and impressive. Only three things really stuck out to me as curious, first being the name Mechagodzilla.
I don’t know if vehicles are able to have SI’s, or can have crossover symbols, but all the Mechagodzilla are distinct and worthy of separate designs, and from different universes. The Millennium version is unique though in that it has its own name, Kiryu. I see the wikizilla mentions Godzilla X Mechagodzilla’s uses of “Mechagodzilla” five times between two characters in the first movie, but just looking at his introduction at 31:42, they say “Kiryu” six times in under two minutes, and much more throughout the movie.
https://archive.org/details/01Godzil...odzilla_201811
I think of it being akin to RX-78-2. It’s the Gundam, but we go with its real name. I suppose we could get even more hardcore and call it Type-3 Kiryu, but that might be overkill, and I really wouldn’t want MFS-3.
More on that point, in the sequel, Tokyo S.O.S., Kiryu’s official designation is Modified Type-3 Kiryu, and while I think 70’s, 90’s and 2000’s MechaG’s should be able to be drafted together, if we did do the Tokyo S.O.S. version, he shouldn’t be able to be drafted alongside this Kiryu, so just plain Kiryu should be good. If we did do the 70’s, 90’s and Legendary versions, those would be Mechagodzilla.

The second thing is minor, just that the Event Hero species should be Cyborg, since its the genetic memory within the Godzilla bones Kiryu’s built around that cause the Flip mechanic to occur. No AI involved. Wikizilla also describes him as a Cyborg.

The third thing was the absence of the Absolute Zero Cannon. Its his ultimate weapon, and the climax of the movie. I would think it would be similar to Supernova, where it could negate his other powers after using it.
In our games against Godzilla, pretty sure Splash never used the Twin Masers on him, and it’s more advantageous to be the Event Hero side in that matchup. Would be more interesting, IMO, to have the Absolute Zero Cannon as an option for a last ditch effort for when Kiryu is a Vehicle and on his last legs, needing something strong to finish off Godzilla. He already has range that can’t be restricted by engagement while a Vehicle, and a special multi-attack with plenty of options while an Event Hero. Perhaps it could have won Splash the game in one of those matches.
I do know that Splash enjoyed the Twin Masers against the horde of T-Rexes, but Kiryu was just dominating in that game while we played it incorrectly.
I hate to suggest a power change for something in testing. However, I noticed that the Leopardon I tested had a power named Spider-Mecha, and upon release, had a completely different power, Spider-Verse: Leopardon String. So maybe it’s not such a bad thing to do.

I think the Twin Masers might be more at home on a Tokyo S.O.S. Kiryu, and it could work in conjunction with the Absolute Zero Cannon’s replacement, the Triple Hyper Maser Cannon. Would have to feature the Spiral Claw in there as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library