Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Dark Cave Lair - A C3G Map in Progress

I don't like the idea of moving the outcrops to the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What about a map special rule involving Shadow Tiles that gives a +2 defense against ranged attacks? That'll even out height advantage just fine ...
This might work!

Another way to make the heights more dangerous is to have a rule like lava field damage. At the end of the round, a figure on levels 6-8 has to roll an unblockable die of damage from monsters that lurk on the ceiling (bats and spiders and such).

Old February 26th, 2010, 09:58 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

Quote:
What about a map special rule involving Shadow Tiles that gives a +2 defense against ranged attacks? That'll even out height advantage just fine ...
This might work!

Another way to make the heights more dangerous is to have a rule like lava field damage. At the end of the round, a figure on levels 6-8 has to roll an unblockable die of damage from monsters that lurk on the ceiling (bats and spiders and such).
But these are all rules for scenarios, I thought we here are about the maps only?

Cheers
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I just updated the map. Let me know what you guys think.

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

A3N gets the win!
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:

Quote:
This might work!

But these are all rules for scenarios, I thought we here are about the maps only?

Cheers
If they are rules specific to the map, then that's ok, I think. Just like my Raelin statue in City Streets.

The idea is that we might want to add these rules to the map itself, regardless of scenario, in the sense of heavy snow, slippery ice, etc. Perhaps we should clarify or discuss the wiggle room we have here, and where we cross the line into scenario creation.

Old February 26th, 2010, 10:22 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Looks much more balanced and still looks fantastic! I'll give it a test as soon as I can. Same building requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Looks much more balanced and still looks fantastic! I'll give it a test as soon as I can. Same building requirements?
Yes, same requirements.
Old February 26th, 2010, 10:46 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I still like the map. I wasn't completely opposed to the first one but this one does address any niggling concerns I might have had.

Cheers
Old February 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM

The new version retains the same good ideas from the original, but places the higher ground in the middle. I wouldn't change anything at this point. There need be no special rules for shadow tiles, etc.

Old February 27th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:

Quote:
This might work!

Cheers
If they are rules specific to the map, then that's ok, I think. Just like my Raelin statue in City Streets.

The idea is that we might want to add these rules to the map itself, regardless of scenario, in the sense of heavy snow, slippery ice, etc. Perhaps we should clarify or discuss the wiggle room we have here, and where we cross the line into scenario creation.
Yeah, this was what I had in mind when I said "map specific rules." I was actually thinking of "Under the El" as a model, where the "electrified tracks" are a map specific rule, but don't really create a scenario at all.
I guess I see a big difference between the two ... so the question might be, is this project open to "map specific rules"?
But, sounds like it's a moot point for this map anyway.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

By the way, looked at the new version of the map, and while I found the original to be more aesthetically pleasing, this one is probably more competitively balanced.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
By the way, looked at the new version of the map, and while I found the original to be more aesthetically pleasing, this one is probably more competitively balanced.
So what is more important to you for this map, aesthetically pleasing or competitively balanced?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios