Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 21st, 2019, 11:47 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Editing

I was somewhat against the idea of a self-woudn from the beginning, so my thoughts on that are obvious. Still would suggest a chance of a wound.

"Neurostim" is a cyberpunky-sounding term.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 06:47 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Neurostim sounds good to me.

Not a fan of Neural Hack, it sounds like he’s hacking into another creature.
Reprogram sounds too permanent.
Overload can work and is my second choice.
Overclock Implants would be my third choice.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 07:54 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not a big fan of Neurostim. It sounds vague without knowledge of the "Neural Stimulant" background, which runs into the same reason that I disliked Neural Stimulator in the first place.

My personal preference would be this order:
Overload > Reprogram > Overclock Implants > Neural Enhancement > Neural Hack > Neurostim > Neural Stimulant/Neural Stimulator
Old September 23rd, 2019, 11:45 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Neurostim > Neural Overclock > Neural Overload > Neural Hack

The name is fine with me. Tetsuo doesn't quite roll off the tongue but I'll trust the references y'all were referring to. I can't lay any claim to being an expert on Cyberpunk as a genre.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 25th, 2019, 06:09 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Neural Enhancement doesn't bother me. I always thought it was kinda generic since it doesn't go into much detail to explain exactly what the enhancement is doing. But I do imagine it improving his vision and/or reflexes, that sort of thing, which does explain the boost. Plus the idea of enhancing those sort of things being a dangerous technology doesn't strike me as weird at all.

Neural Stimulator is an OK replacement. Neural Hack isn't bad, IMO, if for no other reason than rhyming with Mind Jack.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 26th, 2019, 02:17 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I personally think Neurostim is easy enough for someone without the background knowledge to gather from context clues what it is. Neuro - stim(ulant). It’s a common enough term in sci fi properties.
Old September 26th, 2019, 05:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If a goal of simplifying without removing the concept of a unit is desired, we could try to remove the wounding requirement of Mindjack and just up the d20 roll. While I don’t think we can simplify stealing control of a figure further beyond letting the power become Mindshackle, we can attempt to reduce the amount of hoops required to trigger the power, with the downside of making it easier to attempt.

Edit: I don’t think Neural Enhancement needs to be simplified further though. I guess we can drop Mindjack altogether if both seem too much, but I’d advocate something other than that.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 26th, 2019, 06:20 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If a goal of simplifying without removing the concept of a unit is desired
I don't think anyone was suggesting this is necessary here.

--
--
--

--
Old September 26th, 2019, 06:29 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
If a goal of simplifying without removing the concept of a unit is desired
I don't think anyone was suggesting this is necessary here.
Not in this thread, but over here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...5&postcount=21

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 26th, 2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. This card, though, is not that different in complexity from NGS, who was part of the very first master set. I don't see the need here.

--
--
--

--
Old September 26th, 2019, 06:53 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I personally think Neurostim is easy enough for someone without the background knowledge to gather from context clues what it is. Neuro - stim(ulant). It’s a common enough term in sci fi properties.
My problem with it is actually still the stimulant reference, which is why I prefer some variant of Overload, which also feels more reusable in different Sci-Fi themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates
Yeah, I saw that. This card, though, is not that different in complexity from NGS, who was part of the very first master set. I don't see the need here.
I highly agree. Tetsuo isn't really in a place with extra baggage that can easily be simplified right now, in my eyes: most of the complexity comes from the temporary control aspect of Mind Jack (which I personally think is still manageable on its own), not the pieces of design unique to him. His attack boost is certainly simple enough to use, and triggering Mind Jack off of a wound versus just the D20 doesn't feel like a meaningful reduction in complexity (rather, it takes away the tension and interplay between his attack boost and the power).

I really think that it's the other units that could benefit from the simplification. Unless we want to cut out temporary control altogether, I don't see many ways to simplify the design further without cutting into how its supposed to play. I'm also quite fond of the temporary control from Mind Jack, and I think that he'd be a lot of fun to play in the same way that Ne-Gok-Sa or the Airborne Elite were in RotV: a little bit more reading at first, but straightforward in practice while being risky and exciting.
Old September 26th, 2019, 07:03 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
It has an extra requirement (wounding), and a temporary takeover is a bit more complex than permanent. And he has a second power in addition. All little things individually, but it's the overall amount that's important.

It is worth noting that NGS was one of the most complicated RotV units (rules-wise, at least), though less so than the Airborne Elite and Mimring.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs