Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 14th, 2022, 07:28 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

My biggest concern at the moment are the backers who are interested, see the current 'low' count, figure there's no way it funds at this rate and in turn doesn't bother to back (even though they want it to fund). That is definitely a thing with crowdfunding, sort of a reverse snowball.

Another thing HasLab should consider on the main page, is to show the dollar amount. A giant 600K looks way more impressive than backer count IMO.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 14th, 2022 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Typos, typos typos...
Old October 14th, 2022, 07:37 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I mean, this campaign has had issues ....
True, but to be partially fair the Heroquest page didn't have gameplay footage, a rulebook or card previews. New players had just as much to go off of with just pictures of minis and an epic trailer video. They're probably flabbergasted by the amount of mixed reception.
Heroquest was a reprint, this is an expansion. I think that's a significant difference.
And I don’t think you can overstate the importance of a low and high tier. Heroquest at $99 with a few exclusives was an easy decision for a lot of people.

They have invested a lot of resources into this and I’m sure they believe it will succeed. If it doesn’t I don’t see them moving forward even if it’s only short by a small percentage. That’s why the news of app development starting is surprising to me when the current numbers don’t project this to fund right now.

But with the investments already made I would hope they look at why it didn’t work and consider making adjustments to try again in the future.

For all the criticisms it looks like they’re still going to raise over a million dollars which would fund a lot of pretty ambitious crowdfunding game projects. That should show them the game has legs and if they can implement some of the consistently requested changes (I see the same core comments everywhere, not just here where the most hardcore fans live) they should be able to hit their goal to get this into production.
Old October 14th, 2022, 07:41 AM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
My biggest concern at the moment are the backers who are interested, see the current 'low' count, figure there's no way it funds at this rate and in turn doesn't bother to back (even though they want it to fund). That is definitely a thing with crowdfunding, sort of a reverse snowball.

Another thing HasLab should consider on the main page, is to show the dollar amount. A giant 600K looks way more impressive than backer count IMO.
This right here is me and many others that are critical because we want to back it. Some things are wonky in my mind, some things just don’t add up, some things I don’t like but those are easily overcome and technically, those are lower on my scale of concerns.

I want to see these inconsistencies worked out, I want to see the campaign ironed out, I want to see the campaign reflect the fit and finish that they’re telling us the game will be. Right now, it’s coming off as amateur, fumbled and hurried.
Old October 14th, 2022, 07:44 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Heroquest was a reprint, this is an expansion. I think that's a significant difference.
Yeah, I think this is the main reason that the Heroquest campaign makes for a poor comparison to AoA's campaign. Some significant percentage of Heroquest's backers must have been people nostalgic for the game who no longer owned it and didn't want to pay whatever the vintage sets cost on the secondary market. If they wanted to play Heroquest at all, the HasLab campaign was their only option. The same is not true in AoA's case. For most of us here, if AoA doesn't fund, we'll still be able to play Heroscape. We'll simply have missed out on an expansion.
Old October 14th, 2022, 08:40 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
There was a life sized Cookie Monster that didn't get funded too. I think that was the second Haslab project. Unicron didn't meet its goal by the initial deadline but they extended it and it made it across the line. They said they wouldn't do that again though.

Starting development on the app is a good sign the company has faith and sees something positive in the way it has been going.
I just googled the cookie monster. I had no idea they did that hahaha. I wonder why they don't show that on the list of post projects. Maybe a rights thing?

Upset City Baby.
Old October 14th, 2022, 08:46 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

$300 Cookie Monster plush toy. What could have gone wrong?
Old October 14th, 2022, 09:32 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
$300 Cookie Monster plush toy. What could have gone wrong?
It didn't have Kung Fu grip and karate chop action. Instant obvious fail. Stocks probably went down by half that day. Wonder what would've been the price of it was a Jim Henson level quality muppet puppet?

Upset City Baby.
Old October 14th, 2022, 09:57 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Assuming we're short. What do we think the threshold is for number of backers needed at the end for a percentage of Scapers to add an additional set to their pledge to get this thing over the hump?

For example, if we're at 6500 backers come the final 48 hours, do we think there are 1500 of those backers who will throw in another $250 to make this happen? There's definitely some number (no idea what it is) where even those who shouldn't (raises hand) probably will as a last ditch effort.

-insert signature here-
Old October 14th, 2022, 10:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think *most* of the folks who are desperate enough for this to achieve to throw any amount of money at it have already maxed out their purchases.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2022, 10:08 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think *most* of the folks who are desperate enough for this to achieve to throw any amount of money at it have already maxed out their purchases.
I haven't. I'm probably not the only one.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 14th, 2022, 10:13 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you are not the only one.

I may add another as it gets closer. I know others here in our local area may add more as well.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 14th, 2022 at 10:14 AM. Reason: rather stay with what i backed but ya never know
Old October 14th, 2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Ooph, I hope that's not true. That would mean there are even fewer individual backers than I thought out there.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion