Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 4th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 08/29/14 - 2 New Maps

I've built LONELY AT THE TOP before, and that has to be one of my favorite maps! It's 2 tier and plays really well with lots of people...LOADS of fun!

...and fairly easy to build too...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 4th, 2017, 04:39 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 08/29/14 - 2 New Maps

Looks good to me! I'll plan to try it out!

H E R O S C A P E
Old July 9th, 2019, 04:39 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 07/09/19 - 4 New Maps

Hey hey, everyone! It's been a couple of years again and with that... comes a revival of HeroScape. It has sat on the shelf for a long time and I'm still facing the problematic issue of 'Time & Space' to play like I used to. That being said, my family (and several close friends) have really been putting on pressure over the past year to get to playing again and I've been able to take my collection and make it somewhat 'portable', which has opened up opportunities to play at places that I normally could not. So, with that, has come the desire to make a few new maps.. hopefully ones that we'll play on here in the near future. So, I wanted to take the time to dust off the thread here and post a couple that I put together and 'officially' get them released.

It's been 5 years since I made my last map (The One Not Named) and that one was the first map that I put together and actually played my first game of HeroScape in years on.

The One Not Name Named - 2 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 FotV, 1TT

The next two are ones that I just put together in my spare time. I think I have some specific scenarios planned for them, if I can ever flesh out what I want to do:

Jailbreak - 2 BftU, 4 RttFF, 2 FotA

Play In The Dirt Again - 3 RotV, 4 RttFF

This next one, however... I'm thinking may be used for a Marvel game. Our group is kicking around the idea of trying to expand our collection with some of the fan made custom Marvel units, as we have just recently (after all these years) started to play with the Marvel characters and we've been having a lot of fun with just the base set of 10. The idea of having some big castle like structure that they could easily fly around and move around quickly seemed like it would be a lot of fun. (Plus, smaller table sizes are an issue as well...)

ItalianMomma's Doorstep - 6 RotV, 4 RttFF, 2 FotA

I'll try to snap some pics if any of these get made in the near future. It's been fun to be back to Scaping again. I've really gotten immersed in Board Gaming with some fellow friends and co-workers over the past couple of years and a lot of them have NEVER played HeroScape. So, I hope I get an opportunity to introduce them soon.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old July 10th, 2019, 10:01 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I love these! I'm gunna have to build these for some scenario games I play. Play in the Dirt can easily be a Gladiator type game...and I just LOVE ItalianMomma's Doorstep...so fun and very cool.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 10th, 2019, 11:36 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

I'd love to hear more about your scenarios and rules for them, if you use any of them. I'm trying to find ways to incorporate some new ideas, house rules, etc... in our play sessions to try to make it more than just 'kill the other team.' Now, I have some ideas when I make some of these, but I'm just not good a fleshing them out.

Play in the Dirt was something I was thinking for either the Marvel characters (which we just started using) or a 'Heroes Only' type of game, in which you 'Dig in the dirt' for glyphs. It can be the ones you carry (BftU type of glyps) or just ones that go down in place. I also thought about limiting the number of characters you could control to the number of spaces on the 7-hex rock bases. When a figure is destroyed, they are 'returned' to the base and can respawn for the next round (when everyone resets marks), but... if an opposing team can end the round on the hex bases, then they effectively destroy that player's chance to respawn moving forward.

Jailbreak, is kind of like the old Quake mod of the same name, in which you destroy other player's characters, they are held up in the 'jail area'. If you can manage to get a character to a spot you deem as the release, you can then release them from jail and bring them back into the game. Would probably be the most fun with squads, but I could see a Marvel or Heroes only type of game working as well.

Just some ideas I was kicking around.

Edit: When you said "Gladiator", it made me think of this one I built years ago:

The Prize of One's Life - 3 RotV, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA

One of the few (and probably only) times we played something other than a CTF style game (or kill the other team) using the "Taelord's Coliseum" scenario. Was a lot of fun.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old July 10th, 2019, 01:28 PM

Yes, those are some great ideas...AND yes I've already used your "The Prize..." map for doing Taelord's Coliseum. It's definitely perfect for that format and I've held onto it for when I do that Scenario specifically.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:22 PM

Does that scenario still exist anywhere? I see the original link for it is no longer valid.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old July 15th, 2019, 12:51 PM

Alright... 3 quick more maps to post and I should be done for a bit. These were some projects I had been kicking around and I wanted to get them done. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary from the rest of them.

Star Struck - 6 RotV, 4 RttFF, 2 FotA

This one was originally a 4 sided map, but when I was done building it, I realized that it was more ideal to make it 6 sided than anything else. So, I had to break it down some and rebuild it to accommodate. One of my favorite aspects of the RttFF set is the road bonus that you get with movement. So, having maps that are heavily road influenced is something I'm starting to mess around with more and more. This may be a terrible map (play wise) for all it's worth, but I liked the way it turned out visually.

Don't Mind Me - 3 RotV, 2 SotM, 2 FotA

The idea I kicked around this one was having some sort of scenario in which nobody can attack anyone for the first complete set of 3 turns (1 entire round.) All teams are at peace and the first 3 turns are used to setup positioning of your units. Before the start of the 2nd round, each team draws a marker out of a bag that identifies another team in which they are now 'at war' with. For that round, they can only attack and engage that team. All other players are immune to attack and engagement from any team that they are not at war with. So each person would end up with a team that they CAN attack and one that is able to attack them. (Which may be the same team, depending on the draw.) At the end of every round, you would draw a new marker and this process would keep going until only one person was left.

There is a lot more that would need to be fleshed out to make it work (I'm terrible with scenario design) but that was the general idea. I'm not a big fan of making maps on where everyone is clustered together at the start (or can attack each other right on the first turn) and so that was a way to kind of get around that limitation, while still providing a lot of players to play on the map. (Of course, you can always play 3 instead of 6.) Could be fun, may be a disaster. LOL Maybe I'll try it out at sometime.

Tie My Bowtie - 6 RotV, 5 RttFF, 2 FotA

I recently got gifted a 5th set of the RttFF expansion, which is my favorite terrain out of everything that was put out. Just something fun I threw together make a 'taller' map on the space that I have available, while still giving that ever fun road bonus to move around really quickly.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old July 15th, 2019, 05:45 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

"The idea I kicked around this one was having some sort of scenario in which nobody can attack anyone for the first complete set of 3 turns (1 entire round.) All teams are at peace and the first 3 turns are used to setup positioning of your units. Before the start of the 2nd round, each team draws a marker out of a bag that identifies another team in which they are now 'at war' with. For that round, they can only attack and engage that team. All other players are immune to attack and engagement from any team that they are not at war with. So each person would end up with a team that they CAN attack and one that is able to attack them. (Which may be the same team, depending on the draw.) At the end of every round, you would draw a new marker and this process would keep going until only one person was left.

"There is a lot more that would need to be fleshed out to make it work (I'm terrible with scenario design) but that was the general idea. I'm not a big fan of making maps on where everyone is clustered together at the start (or can attack each other right on the first turn) and so that was a way to kind of get around that limitation, while still providing a lot of players to play on the map. (Of course, you can always play 3 instead of 6.) Could be fun, may be a disaster. LOL Maybe I'll try it out at sometime."

See The Lost City of Ashra and its predecessor, The Lost City of Ashra!

In both, no combat is permitted until after three Rounds. In the former, a FFA ensues. In the latter, "armies will be formed into two teams, teammates being determined at random after the third round." [Emphasis mine.]

Old July 15th, 2019, 07:18 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 07/15/19 - 3 New Maps

Well met!

The Gang of Four played Balance of Power! on Vault of Splendor.

For such a map, the Glyph of Rannweig used in The Lost City of Ashra and its predecessor, The Lost City of Ashra!, would be useful to mitigate the necessity of fielding flyers.

Old October 25th, 2023, 05:49 PM

Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - 07/15/19 - 3 New Maps

*digs sleepy seeds out eyes*

Well, here we are... a few more years down the road... and with that, comes a new shift in the urgency to play HeroScape, YET AGAIN. This time, my recently married nephew has bought a house close to where I work and he borrowed my HeroScape collection last weekend to introduce HeroScape to some friends of his. They absolutely loved it. So, the pressure to 'get the gang back together' for some more rounds of HeroScape has resurfaced and with that, comes my dig through the old map archive to find what maps we want to play.... and NATRUALLY... that means the wheels are turning to make some more maps, which I'm pretty rusty at I have come to discover. LOL

I went through my old folder of 'drafts and unreleased' maps today just to see what I had in there. Wow. Turns out I had about 17 maps that I put together and FINISHED (heck, some of them I even played on years ago) that I never released on here. So, I've spent the good part of the day running through these and packaging them up so I can get them uploaded on here to share with everyone. They aren't anything special. It's the typical 'Free Map' build (no glyphs, no starting points, etc) but maybe they can be used for something other than the original intention and use, or may inspire someone to make something really awesome out of them. Worst case scenario, I want them on here in the event anything should ever happen to my archive and collection stored away. Always good to have backups to backups to backups.

I'll be working to get these uploaded in the next several days as I prepare to immerse myself in HeroScape with a lot of 'the old gang' this weekend. They are looking for that "3 vs 3 on a map where we draft 800 points in armies each" type of game. Can't wait. I was telling some of my co-workers about it today and I realized how much I miss it when I go for these long stretches of not playing.

My body is ready.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old October 26th, 2023, 09:42 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Nadi's Maps (Goto pg.35) - "New" Maps On The Way

Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios