Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
KC's 2nd Birthday Bash in Warren, OH - Army Auction Draft

Everyone that plays Heroscape in or around NE Ohio:

Most of you guys know that I'm an accountant, and once the new year rolls around, I don't get to play much Heroscape until after April. Therefore, last year I held a tournament in Warren right around my May 20th birthday to get back into the swing of things, and I'd like to do that again this year. The date will be Saturday, May 8, 2010.

EDIT: I scrapped Breccon for this one. We're doing an Army Auction. See this post for the rules, and disregard the first few replies in this thread that talk about 30 minute rounds and a shop, etc.

Entry Fee: None, but if you bring a prize for the prize table, you'll get to take one at the end.

Maps:

Spoiler Alert!

Time: Sign-up at 11 AM. Auction starts at 11:30, dice roll by 12. Break after Round 2, which includes the second Auction. If you aren't there at 11:30, you can join in the Auction when you get there.

Place: All American Cards and Comics in Warren, OH.

What You Need: Bring your own dice and Order Markers, and a Mercenary army of 300 Points that includes one unit worth exactly 50 Points, one worth exactly 100 Points and one worth exactly 150 Points.

Final list of allowable Mercenaries:

Rounds: 5 Swiss Rounds with a 45-minute time limit.

Scoring: Full Card Scoring - players earn Points for what they destroy. Armies will have slightly different Point totals, so even winners must count their Points (they don't just get 400). Money left over at the end of the tournament is added to Total Points. Tiebreakers are W/L, Points, SoS (Points is second here because of the money playing in). SoS will be calculated at the end of the tournament if needed. If players are tied on W/L and Points (including money) between rounds, their seeding will be random. If we have an odd number of players, the player ranked last after each Round will get a Bye for the next Round (as long as they haven't already had a Bye), which will give that player a Win, 400 Points, and $20. In the first round, the Bye (if needed) will be determined randomly. If you hire a Mercenary and never get to use them because of a Bye, you will be refunded (but only if they were never used at all).

Glyphs: There will be random Treasure Glyphs, fixed map Glyphs, and Money Glyphs. The Treasure Glyphs will change each round and be drawn at random from a pool of all the Treasure Glyphs. They will not have traps. Each round, they'll be selected randomly from this pool:

Heroic Rune x3
Talisman of Defense x3
Potion of Healing x3
Whetstone of Venom x3
Elixir of Speed x3
Ring of Protection x3
Holy Symbol of Pelor x1
Bolt of the Witherwood x1

Maps with fixed glyphs will always have them, although one will be face down and double as the Money Glyph for Rounds 1 and 2.

Rounds 1-2 will feature one face down regular glyph on each map. Any figure may step on and activate these glyphs. When a figure steps on a face-down non-treasure glyph, they immediately roll one combat die:

Skull = $25 to the player
Shield = $50 to the player
Symbol/Blank = $0 and the figure that activated the glyph receives 1 Wound.

After the roll, the glyph is discarded if it's Brandar, or stays on the map if it's anything else. This depends on whether or not the map has fixed glyphs - each map has a description of its glyphs above.

Armies in the Auction:

Spoiler Alert!

Players:

Definites - 23:

killercactus +1
Fedex Worker +1
Brownsfan82
Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Jordan
Michael
Heath
Josh
southwest ninja +1
phantazm21zero +1
Brad
Time Limit Tony
MattserTruckRally
ManTrainChooChoo
weesel99
Pickle4192
lefton4ya
hangred +1

Probable - 4:

jacob_j_p
No David, No
dawigrund
lefton's +1

Interested:

Hopeful:

Mechabeast
greenless
Friends and family of all these people

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 5th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: KC's 2nd Birthday Bash in Warren, OH (far too early thre

I am always up for a twist and with 30 minutes rounds we will be able to get more games in if we wanted. I may be in Vegas for a week in May but the family hasn't confirmed whether it's happening or what week it would be. How do you plan on determining whether the purchases are broken or not?
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'd still expect to play 5 games. 30 minute rounds leave time for the town interactions.

Ideally, I'd like to have a couple of mini-campaign game nights that use the shop.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

This would be awesome. I hope up there around this time again, but I know I can't make a special trip up there, so let me know how it goes and maybe I can try to set one up down here.

I'm not sure if we could count this is in OVAH though. I'm going to have to look through the guidelines again and make sure that there is nothing that will go against the OVAH rules...if not then I'll count it. Otherwise, it'll still be a blast.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:07 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Looks awesome! I love the scenario, very creative. A little tweak be needed thoguh. I definetly think you should remove the Glyph of Thorian. That glyph is way too overpowered. Also, maybe remove Q9 from the Vydar mercenaries.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Looks awesome! I love the scenario, very creative. A little tweak be needed thoguh. I definetly think you should remove the Glyph of Thorian. That glyph is way too overpowered. Also, maybe remove Q9 from the Vydar mercenaries.
Do you really think Thorian is overpowered when it only affects the hero equipped with it? Plus, I'd expect to see a lot of Special Attacks in this thing since heroes should be popular, and it costs 700 Gold. That's a lot, especially when you have to spend money between rounds to resurrect your guys and stay at the Inn.

You could be right though - I have yet to playtest. I have a different scenario-based game set up at my house right now that uses the same shop. As soon as I can get my brother and phantazm over to play I'll be able to see how it interacts. I agree that it definately should be the highest priced glyph if it's included.

Why do you think we should exclude Q9? Do you think he's just too strong, even when you consider it costs 180 Gold to hire him / resurrect him? I only excluded Braxas because I thought it would be weird to see a dragon sitting in a tavern - not because I thought she was overpowered. Big robots would be weird, too, but at least they're humanoid, can fit in the tavern and can converse with humans. Braxas would just eat/melt everyone and wouldn't even fit in the building. Plus, I have a special plan for Braxas in that tournament - she won't be completely excluded. She's going to be a statue on the last map that sits right over the Wellspring, guarding it. The trap on the treasure glyphs for that map will be that she comes to life for one turn, and your opponent gets to take a turn with her Acid Breath power.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; December 23rd, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:22 PM

I made some updates to the shop prices - the biggest changes are to the Defense and Summoning glyphs.

I also can't remember if I'd changed the way the Inn works before or after I posted this thread. Anyway, it currently costs 10 Gold per Small/Medium figure and 30 Gold per Large/Huge figure to stay each night (I did away with the food thing). Staying will remove all wounds from your heroes and prevent Common Squads from leaving your army. An interesting note is that you never need to pay for Unique Squads to stay at the Inn, because they're tough enough to sleep outside without deserting you and they don't have any wounds that need healed. That offsets the price you have to pay to resurrect them at the Church.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Random question- Tul-Bak-Ra, being an overlord, does that mean he is both hivelord and warlord?

What kind of maps are going to be in the tournament? and the glyphs that boost special attacks should do something else, since special attacks are never changed. imagine Q9's special or Nilfheims, 3 times with 5! Also, with the summoning glyph, if one person has it they can summon the oppenents strongest figure right at the beginnig of the game. The player that used the summon glyph's whole army would be at the same area, attacking the oppnents figure right at the start. That wouldn't be fun...
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
Random question- Tul-Bak-Ra, being an overlord, does that mean he is both hivelord and warlord?
No - he is neither. I think they made him an Overlord because they thought he would be too strong with bonding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex Worker
What kind of maps are going to be in the tournament? and the glyphs that boost special attacks should do something else, since special attacks are never changed. imagine Q9's special or Nilfheims, 3 times with 5!
The maps will be normal BoV type maps, except for one. That map will only be played on by the #1 and #2 seeds after 4 rounds to determine the winner. It will probably be a swamp/jungle map with shadow hex in the middle that represents a hidden staircase to a dungeon below (set up as a separate map that can only be accessed by that hex), where the Wellspring and treasure glyphs are, guarded by the Braxas statue.

About the Special Attack modifying glyphs, I've been thinking that, too. That's why those glyphs cost so much, but I've been trying to think of better uses for them. I thought maybe Astrid could allow a Hero to make one additional Normal Attack per turn, or add one automatic skull to a Normal Attack roll. Both of those are still pretty strong, though.

Maybe Unilava could make a Hero's Normal Attack count as a Special Attack, thus bypassing abilities like Scatter and Smoke Powder. That'd be interesting, but I'm not sure many players would really care to have that.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:36 PM

about the gold, it is not that important to have a lot of it since it is last to decide ranking.
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM

yeah, but you need it to revive people and sleep

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM

Oh, right.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events