Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Thanks for answering our questions, barclay.

Will you keep the same writing staff?
Any changes in mind for the Valhalla storyline?

Marvel squads?
More Marvel terrain (urban stuff)?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
As far as packaging goes, I agree with the idea that including doubles of the same commons is probably a good idea, especially with cheap squads. I'd love it if I could have picked up a 2x Heavy Gruts, or 2x Drones, or 2x Deathreavers pack without having to get Shades or WoA which I am not as excited about.
I would like to jump on this bandwagon. It would be so much sweeter to have two to three sets of the same common in a blister then to having to buy blisters of mixed minis. I for exam would like to purchase commandos without the kilts. And even though the kilts aren't high on my list, if they where packaged two to three squads in a pack I would be more likely to buy them.
That is what I am saying. But, I would like to see them in boxes (like the flag bearers) so that they can fit more on the rack instead of just a "wave" of big bulky blisters. We would have a Case of miniatures taking up the same spot on the shelf. This way we could get multiple waves of commons in the case and purchase what we need.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
WotC guy -

You mentioned that the first Marvel expansion WOULD be released. Anything you can mention about plans for Marvel beyond that point?

Having the ability to sell to game stores is a great bonus. But concerning the big department stores, now that WotC is taking over distribution, is there more say you guys have over when the items appear on the shelves, or are we still at the mercy of their warehousing system?

Are there plans to change the distribution of individual packs in each wave? Many on this forum have suggested that 2 or 3 -to- 1 of commons to uniques would be a smart move. Is that a view shared by WotC?

Do the designers/playtesters hope that other licenses can be brought into the game? Specifically Star Wars, Transformers, DC, etc.

Can you give us an idea of what kinds of new terrain we can see in the next few years? More buildings and scene-dressing for Marvel, for example... "rocky" terrain, similar to the glaciers in the Tundra set, for another example.

Many have chided WotC for their answers when asked about Heroscape rules and clarifications. Any steps taken to make those answers more authoritative? I assume that WotC now has direct access to Craig and the playtesters and can get those answers more easily.

Thank you for being on the site and I hope this is the start of something wonderful.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Since people seem to like the numbered questions, I'll do it too.

1. If and when WotC starts running official tournaments, will there be a restricted (4th Mass/Deathreavers limited to 1-2 squads) or banned list (Q9, old Raelin)? What about something like Uncommon squads released in the future which would be limited to 2 squads in army, or something similar?

2. Will there be more official WotC scenarios? I actually like a lot of the Hasbro scenarios and would like more of the same. As someone else mentioned, I also recommend checking out the Battlefields of Valhalla project.

3. Are you guys hiring?

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about any and all news. Thanks for the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Jungle Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I'm happy about Wizards being in control of production and distribution, I just hope they do us right in the design of Heroscape. Long live Heroscape!

Is there any news on when Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle will be released?
This is a tricky one. As you know, the Jungle set was delayed for a number of reasons, including having to go back and rebuild a couple of the components from scratch. The downside of this is that, with the changes, we'd lose money if we produced this set. And that's not good for our long-term survival.

So, we've taken a step back, and looked for other ways that we can put trees into your hands. Our leading contender is something that solves two problems in one fell swoop. It'll give you the trees you want, and it gives the hobby stores the ability to sell terrain to people (they can't easily carry the master set because they can't make enough money on it).

Here's the plan: Cut the packaging down to a simple box with no window (saves a bunch of $), and put the following components in the box: 2 Trees, 2 Brush, and around 20 swamp/jungle-themed hex tiles (1, 2, 3, and 7-hex). At the same time, we're also looking at a desert terrain pack, containing rock formations (using the ice molds), with 5 rocks and a similar amount of sand/rock-themed terrain. Both of these would sell for $20, and would be sold in hobby stores.

Both of these will be a big test for how well future terrain packs will do. We're working on a plan that will put brand new terrain features (graves, statues, columns, walls, whatever else we can come up with) out in similar packs for 2009. Look for another thread some point soon to discuss desired new terrain features.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg
Sherman, He said they will continue to produce the old waves and it will be based more on demand for a particular product rather than random production. - See front page article.
I've read the front page article three times now, so maybe my reading comprehension is down today, but I'm not seeing any explicit confirmation that old product will not go out of print. Could I get a quote of what you're referencing?
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Heroscape's going to stay backwards-compatible. I can't predict out past 3 or so years, but I don't see any major changes coming within that timeframe.
Scary. At least it means 6-7 years total for the current game...but then what?
It doesn't quite work like that. He's not saying changes will come in 3 years or so, just that the company can't plan out that far with surety. Many factors could change things, and they aren't going to rile us up by promising things too far in advance.

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
This is pretty exciting news.

Like Finrod though, it looks like my Heroscape budget for the first half of this year will be ~$10-$30 (if I find an rttff on the shelves). Guess there's nothing to be done about that with the transition, but it is a bummer.

EDIT: Ooooh, terrain info from barclay. I'm pumped again.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Jungle Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Both of these will be a big test for how well future terrain packs will do. We're working on a plan that will put brand new terrain features (graves, statues, columns, walls, whatever else we can come up with) out in similar packs for 2009. Look for another thread some point soon to discuss desired new terrain features.
I can't wait to get my hands on the new Graveyard expansion pack!
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedpoop
I had a couple questions for WOTCBARCLAY:

1) What does this move mean for the Marvel Heroscape line?
2) Does this open up some more leeway for DC Comics to sneak into the line?
3) If the Marvel line is still going to continue, can we expect to see the already revealed expansion?

Thanks for any info!
We're definitely releasing the already revealed expansion. But, I wouldn't expect DC Heroscape any time soon.

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Theres something I'm still unclear on. Most of the shelves are completely wiped out of Heroscape in my area. Are they going to remain that way until April or June? Or is someone going to continue to manufacture and distribute Heroscape in the mean time?

And I have a Masterset question. Have we seen the end of Rise of the Valkyrie, with Swarm of the Marrow replacing it? I ask because many of us (not all) feel that Rise of the Valkyrie is by far the superior master set.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
1] Will your products be available to online retailers, or will you be selling it form an online store?

DWARVES!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News