Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 1st, 2017, 04:19 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Kingpin (II) (Opening Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

The bottom bullet point could be fun to trot out in some 2000+ point mega-game, where you can manage a ton of different options - probably crooks, thieves, X23, Typhoid Mary, some Mutant Criminals, and mutant sidekicks + Yukio/Robot. Not really concerning since there's a million ridiculous things you can do at those point totals, but something you could try as sanity check.
I think it would be pretty cool to see you and Soundwarp go at it in a 2000 point online test so we can watch the magic happen.

oh and officially a YEA from me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 1st, 2017, 04:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea as well. I like dok's suggestion of the Frame Up ending when Kingpin is killed.

As for mini - I kind of like the third one, with the brandished cane, here. It looks like he's giving orders, which feels appropriate here. If the scale is better than the first one, naturally.
Old November 1st, 2017, 05:15 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yea

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 1st, 2017, 05:16 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yea as well. I like dok's suggestion of the Frame Up ending when Kingpin is killed.
I'm fine with Frame-Up having an out, not a huge difference either way. I guess I can just put that to vote after the initial vote is done?

Quote:
As for mini - I kind of like the third one, with the brandished cane, here. It looks like he's giving orders, which feels appropriate here. If the scale is better than the first one, naturally.
Unfortunately, I can't find any pictures of that mini that I could gauge the scale from, but I did find a comparison of the other three Kingpins, and the size difference isn't is large as I remembered (it has been a long time since my Option A Kingpin has stood on his original legs). The scale of modern clix is a lot more even then it was with the early stuff, so I'd imagine Option C is pretty close to Option B's size. Modern clix are also a bit smaller and slimier on average too, so Option A would probably look fine among them (my modified one was meant to look Kingpin sized even among classic scape figures and such). I've got a fresh Option A coming in the mail, so I can get some pics of him and Option B next to a few figures when he arrives.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old November 1st, 2017, 06:05 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

If availability and look are equal, then option 2 is the best. I personally like Option 3, but I feel he is using the cane as a weapon. Could/would you be interested in tweaking his stats to make him a tad more combative than the original Kingpin? It would make either mini 2 or 3 seem much more appropriate.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old November 1st, 2017, 08:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
If availability and look are equal, then option 2 is the best. I personally like Option 3, but I feel he is using the cane as a weapon. Could/would you be interested in tweaking his stats to make him a tad more combative than the original Kingpin? It would make either mini 2 or 3 seem much more appropriate.
I can't really give him better stats than Kingpin I, decent stats are about the only thing Kingpin I has going for him. You have to play Kingpin I as basically an evil version of Luke Cage, where he's in the thick of combat and more of a field leader type, to get any use of him. This Kingpin is meant to be a more 'behind the scenes' take. I don't really want his points driven up by stats he's not meant to be using that often, and I'm not sure it would fly anyway since my understanding was sequel heroes are only ok if they represent different takes and don't step on the first card's toes. I'd imagine this Kingpin being more punchy than the punchy Kingpin would be a no go.

My Etsy Store
Old November 2nd, 2017, 03:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think their leadership powers are different enough that there's very little overlap between this guy and Kingpin I anyway, but I agree with Soundwarp's point on the differentiation.
Old November 3rd, 2017, 12:14 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think their leadership powers are different enough that there's very little overlap between this guy and Kingpin I anyway, but I agree with Soundwarp's point on the differentiation.
Oh yeah, their powers do lend to very different things, but part of my concern is that this Kingpin is a Crime Lord (and I'd prefer to keep him that way), which means he can sneak back into some of the same play patterns as Kingpin I through other card's bonding type powers. Not a concern with his current stats, but if he gets bumped up to a 6/6 or something I think it would start eating into the limited territory Kingpin I gets to play in in an undesirable way.

Anyway, the vote for Initial Playtesting passes. Huzah. I should be able to get started on that this weekend.

My Etsy Store
Old November 3rd, 2017, 01:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Only concern that comes to mind on Frame Up is turning the Punisher into a Criminal and then bonding him with the Lex Corp Security. That is a lot of ranged firepower to get out of one OM and could come into play in larger point games where Kingpin could lead a second wave of the army after Castle and the Lex Corp are dead.
Punisher is definitely one of Kingpin's better Frame-Up targets, but I don't think it will end up anything super concerning simply because Punisher already has a couple ways to get to similar output levels with other builds. Worth a test though.

Fortunately, none of the current Criminal synergy is anything terribly crazy, and Frame-Up can only pull from classes that already are established synergy recipients themselves, so I think the power will remain reasonably stable.

--

Anyway, on to other business, there are a couple of mini options for Kingpin-

Option A: A bit short for Kingpin (I had to completely replace the legs on my modded one to get him to the right height), but has the best pose for a 'behind the scenes' Kingpin.

Option B: Better on size but the pose is all wrong.

Option C: I don't have this one, so I can't speak to the size, but the pose isn't great.

This is the comic art I'm leaning towards at the moment, only one I could find that has the right feel so far. If we go with this one, I can edit it a bit to match whatever mini is picked.

Anyone have any thoughts here? Also, I don't really know what the steps are for a design or when to change them, so if y'all could let me know when I'm supposed to do that stuff I'd appreciate it.

The sun was shining today so I took some pics of option B (the only one of the 3 I had on hand) should you decided to go with it. They will be in the mini photo depository.
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:13 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kingpin (II) (Initial Playtesting Phase)

Any updates on the initial here?
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Any updates on the initial here?
Sorry, having to write out everything as it happens really kills my testing speed. I should have something later tonight.

My Etsy Store
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Symbiotic

No worries, just wanted to check in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library