Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Nintendo DSi

http://kotaku.com/5057870/nintendo-a...e-nintendo-dsi

I hate hating on Nintendo, I really do. It hurts when I see stuff like this. Sure, the features are cool; I can see the uses of all of them. I know this is a push towards the casual gamers. You really can't say it's not. What about the games, Nintendo, what about the games? No new game announcements that actually mean anything. I just hope Nintendo comes out with something cool pretty soon, or they're going to definitely lose money.
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Nintendo DSi

Before long all handheld devices are going to be a single item. A phone/camera/MP3 player/gaming console/video camera/watch that everyone will have. Which, depending on your point of view, is either a good or bad thing.

I'm buying one, though. I didn't upgrade for the DS Lite, and a hinge is cracked on my DS Phat, so...
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:03 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Losing GBA compatibility? That seems like a downgrade more than anything. One reason I didn't buy the regular DS (Besides money) was that it couldn't play Color or older games.

This really doesn't make any sense.
Old October 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
One reason I didn't buy the regular DS (Besides money) was that it couldn't play Color or older games.
Just saying the Canadian ds's could play color and up. When I figured this out was really mad!

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Losing GBA compatibility? That seems like a downgrade more than anything. One reason I didn't buy the regular DS (Besides money) was that it couldn't play Color or older games.

This really doesn't make any sense.
The DSi is a big leap forward in one sense, and a fall back in another. It has a camera and SD Card support, along with expanded internet, but it loses the GBA function.

However, I have a feeling that GB/GBC games will be up for download on its own DSWare section. Just a feeling at this point, but they're renaming Wii Points into Nintendo Points and talking about buying stuff on the DS - so it seems pretty likely. And for that I'm happy to give up a GBA slot.
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

The GBA port is what bugged me. Being financially disadvantaged, most of my handheld library is GBA games. So I'm going to buy a device that plays MP3s (I own an iPod; who doesn't? [or equivalent player?]) takes photos (I have a camera) and surfs the internet with amazing speeds of utter sluggishness (I own a laptop)? And...wait, two cameras? Both an amazing 0.3 megapixels? Wha...why?

I just don't get it it. It's like Nintendo is making an iPod Touch clone and saying, "Oh, it also plays games, if that interests you". Give me my Pikmin or give me death, Nintendo!

Old October 9th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
(I own an iPod; who doesn't? [or equivalent player?])
...I don't.

Quote:
(I have a camera)
...I don't.

Quote:
(I own a laptop)
...I don't.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

(I really don't, though.)
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Umm...ah...erm...

*runs and hides*

Sorry, johnny. Guess maybe I took my blessings for granted to much.
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:14 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

I find this development interesting, if only because I need to upgrade from my broken DS Phat.... This looks like a good excuse to do so. It would be nice if it had a GBA slot, but I'm of the opinion that GB games play best on an SP, so this doesn't bother me much.
I somewhat like the idea of DLC for the DS.... We'll have to see how that turns out.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
(I own an iPod; who doesn't? [or equivalent player?])
...I don't.
I do!
Quote:
Quote:
(I have a camera)
...I don't.
Me either...
Quote:
Quote:
(I own a laptop)
...I don't.
Neither do I. (yet)
Quote:

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Neither could I.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Sorry, but a camera seems worthless. I never use one, and many people already have them on their phones. Why bother losing a good feature for that?
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:35 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I honestly don't see the point of the DSi. Basically, we're paying $180 for a handheld we not only already likely have, but it loses one of it's best features to boot. Sure, better Wi-Fi is nice, but I haven't had any problems with my DS Wi-Fi, and I have a DS Phat! Knowing Nintendo, the camera will likely be useless since its lens will be awful. The SD Card is nice, but I can do just fine without it. Plus, we can't share DSi points and Wii points!
Yep, you heard me right - it's been confirmed that when you get points, you can pool the point amount you just bought onto your DSi or Wii, but no splitting between both. In addition, you also can't transfer Virtual Console content to the DSi, which basically kills it in my eyes unless it gains some absurdly good games for it's downloadable library.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games