Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker
Re: D2 - changes in the base size

I think the bevel is important to the look of the sculpt in relation to the battlefield your on. The base for a sculpture(even miniature plastic ones)
is like the frame on a painting. It sets the sculpt apart as its own idea, separate from its environment. The bevel is a transition point that brings it back into that environment. I think you'll find the figures without a bevel
seem more stuck on the map and less a part of it. Is it really a big deal?
No, but I do think the bevels are classier.

CORVUS
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

No point repping you since you've disabled reputation, artemiscorso, but I will say that that was the most original post in this whole thread.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
I think you'll find the figures without a bevel
seem more stuck on the map and less a part of it. Is it really a big deal?
No, but I do think the bevels are classier.
That's a GREAT way of putting it! I'd rep you up for the laugh but your counter is disabled.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:02 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can still rep him, it just means no one can see it.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Which in a way defeates the point. I won't give ++Rep to anyone who has it disabled, personally, as the disabling tells me they don't accept the rep system.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Which in a way defeates the point. I won't give ++Rep to anyone who has it disabled, personally, as the disabling tells me they don't accept the rep system.
Interesting take.

I see the +rep in those cases as a mini-PM to tell someone I enjoyed their post. It may still mean something to them, even if it doesn't have the added benefit as a signal to others.

And I have a hard enough time spreading rep around that if I see a post that is rep-worthy, I'm not going to pass it up.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Interesting take.

I see the +rep in those cases as a mini-PM to tell someone I enjoyed their post. It may still mean something to them, even if it doesn't have the added benefit as a signal to others.

And I have a hard enough time spreading rep around that if I see a post that is rep-worthy, I'm not going to pass it up.
In this case, I'm pretty sure that if a person has disabled rep, even they cannot see the messages.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
In this case, I'm pretty sure that if a person has disabled rep, even they cannot see the messages.
Looks like you're right. They can click on it in the post, but otherwise they won't see it. I learn something old every day.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've repped many people with it turned off and only recently realized this myself. Makes me bummed that Matthias and Robotech Master, among others, never saw the messages I sent them.

I do still rep people with it turned off (I hope that they may check every so often, or might change their minds), but there have been more than a few times that I haven't repped someone that I planned to when I noticed their rep was turned off. Bummer.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:11 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Yeah, I've repped many people with it turned off and only recently realized this myself. Makes me bummed that Matthias and Robotech Master, among others, never saw the messages I sent them.

I do still rep people with it turned off (I hope that they may check every so often, or might change their minds), but there have been more than a few times that I haven't repped someone that I planned to when I noticed their rep was turned off. Bummer.
I do check it from time to time. The main reason I turned it off is when it was first implemented (at least this time around) I saw a bunch of people on my ignore list with waaaaay more rep than they deserved (IMO). And others that I thought contributed so much to HeroScape that had almost none that I saw it more as a game than really a rep system.

I'm not saying that just because you're on my ignore list means you don't deserve rep, but there's a reason why you're on my ignore list.

Also wearing ripped pants of awesomeness just sounds dumb (to me at least).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

It's off topic, but I don't quite understand the talk of disabled or enabled rep. I didn't consciously turn it on or off, I didn't know you could.

CORVUS
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
It's off topic, but I don't quite understand the talk of disabled or enabled rep. I didn't consciously turn it on or off, I didn't know you could.

Yes, you can. Go into your user cp, edit options and uncheck or check show my rep level. I had no idea what it was until a couple of months ago.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News