Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 5th, 2011, 06:57 AM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker
Re: GenCon 2011 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniour View Post
Smackdown top 2

1st - MrMigraine 4-0 (silver surfer, 3x stingers)
2nd - Juniour 3-1 (thanos, 2x death reavers, marro warriors)

Don't know the other 3rd place guy but here's the top 2 congrats to MrMigraine again for winning the event
3rd was killergoat72 3-1 (silver surfer, Ana, Raelin V1)
Old August 5th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Not to brag, but I was 6th in Capture the flag (R˙chean's giving prizes down to 6th in each event - got a castle set). I was using 3x heavies, Grimnak, Tornak, Isamu, so three of the top 6 in Capture the Flag used heavies.
Old August 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

I was 5 in T Quest with 2x greenscale, Charos, rotv raelin, heirloom.

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

fomox won a win-a-lava today.

In slugfest, I'm pretty sure stubobj won it with ratsx5, Taelord, Krav. (That's why I switched to 3-pack draft - I knew what it was going to take to win and I didn't want to get punched in the face. (Not that anyone wanted to punch Sterling, but they would have wanted to punch me.) Of course, I had the worst tournament of my life in 3-pack draft, but anyway.)

None other than R˙chean won the 3-pack draft. Necroblade was second.

Anyway, MAIN EVENT top 16 is in. I don't remember everything, but here's what I know.

Scaper_Dude went 5-0 and took the top seed with Phantom Knights x4, Raelin, a Fen Hydra, and Marcu. He gave me a loss in a brain-burner of a game. Hendal also went 5-0 with the Hendal special (stingersx7 + Raelin). There may have been another 5-0; I'm not sure. Kaboomboomboom might have been 5-0; he was playing some 4th Mass build.

Among the 4-1's were...

mantrainchoochoo, playing heaviesx4 + Raelin + Grimnak + Marcu
spider_poison, playing gladsx3 + blastsx2 + Raelin + BlackW x2.
lonewolf, playing gladsx2 + blastsx2 + phantom knights x2 + Raelin*
Rollitontop, playing 10thx4, Zelrig, and Isamu
dok, playing Tork-Kul-Na, nagrubsx3, Raelin, KMA, and Otonashi
TurkeyClubSamich, playing Warforgedx4, Raelin, and KMA

There was also a knight/gilbert/Nilfheim build, a rats/niflheim/cyprien/sonya build... I can't remember the last few off-hand.

There were just two 3-2's that made it. #15 was Raider30, playing 10th, Romans, and warlords. #16 was Tiny Timmy, who was playing Drones x6 + Cyprien + Sonya. I beat him in the last round in a tight game.

Pairings won't be announced until before each round, so there's no cramming for your first round opponent. There's no sure things in this format by ANY stretch. I do think I have one of the weakest few armies that made it on paper, but it's going to be a ridiculously tough day tomorrow. Four of my five games today were extremely close.

* (I came up with it first)

Last edited by dok; August 5th, 2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: correction
Old August 5th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Scaper_Dude and Hendal were the only ones to go undefeated in Day 1 of the championship. I lost to Scaper_Dude in the last match round to make 4-1 for the day.

I was the one who played 3 Kow, Gilbert and Nilfheim.

Had allot of fun today!

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Pairings won't be announced until before each round, so there's no cramming for your first round opponent. There's no sure things in this format by ANY stretch. I do think I have one of the weakest few armies that made it on paper, but it's going to be a ridiculously tough day tomorrow. Four of my five games today were extremely close.
Isn't day 2 is seeded? If so, how would it be possible to withhold the pairings?
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Isn't day 2 is seeded? If so, how would it be possible to withhold the pairings?
They're going to draw names out of a hat for Day 2, so there are no pairings to prepare for

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:28 AM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
fomox won a win-a-lava today.

In slugfest, I'm pretty sure stubobj won it with ratsx5, Taelord, Krav. (That's why I switched to 3-pack draft - I knew what it was going to take to win and I didn't want to get punched in the face. (Not that anyone wanted to punch Sterling, but they would have wanted to punch me.) Of course, I had the worst tournament of my life in 3-pack draft, but anyway.)

None other than R˙chean won the 3-pack draft. Necroblade was second.

Anyway, MAIN EVENT top 16 is in. I don't remember everything, but here's what I know.

Scaper_Dude went 5-0 and took the top seed with Phantom Knights x4, Raelin, a Fen Hydra, and Marcu. He gave me a loss in a brain-burner of a game. Hendal also went 5-0 with the Hendal special (stingersx7 + Raelin). There may have been another 5-0; I'm not sure. Kaboomboomboom might have been 5-0; he was playing some 4th Mass build.

Among the 4-1's were...

mantrainchoochoo, playing heaviesx4 + Raelin + Grimnak + Marcu
spider_poison, playing gladsx3 + blastsx2 + Raelin + BlackW x2.
lonewolf, playing gladsx2 + blastsx2 + phantom knights x2 + Raelin*
Rollitontop, playing 10thx4, Zelrig, and Isamu
dok, playing Tork-Kul-Na, nagrubsx3, Raelin, KMA, and Otonashi
TurkeyClubSamich, playing Warforgedx4, Raelin, and KMA

There was also a knight/gilbert/Nilfheim build, a rats/niflheim/cyprien/sonya build... I can't remember the last few off-hand.

There were just two 3-2's that made it. #15 was Raider30, playing 10th, Romans, and warlords. #16 was Tiny Timmy, who was playing Drones x6 + Cyprien + Sonya. I beat him in the last round in a tight game.

* (I came up with it first)
I also went 4-1 in main event with Nilfheim, Stingers x5, and Isamu.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
In slugfest, I'm pretty sure stubobj won it with ratsx5, Taelord, Krav... I knew what it was going to take to win
I came close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Or maybe stack Taelord onto the already mentioned Reavers to give them 3 attack:

Taelord
Raelin
Rats x5
Marcu
480/23

That's actually pretty dang scary!

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; August 6th, 2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Krav is definitely a better decision than Raelin+Marcu, to help deal with pesky WoA matchups.
Old August 6th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Well, I did OK in the Main Event with a 3-2 placement. (Yes Deroche, go ahead and nominate me for a title.)

With my Q9, Mittens, and 5x Vipers army, I defeated a 2x Blast/Glad and Raelin army. And the owner was Jexik.
Old August 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great meeting a bunch of you at the Championship day 1 yesterday. My Phantom Knights x5 with Q10 performed at a 2-3 level. Guess this means I get to play in th 4x400.

Good luck Championship Day 2 qualifiers.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:34 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey Pete -
How did the rest of the MARS guys do?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con