Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Echo

The Book of Echo

C3G MARVEL WAVE 4
FIGHT AGAINST FEAR

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model number and name are #013-015 / Echo.

Character Bio - Maya was born deaf. Her father, Willie "Crazy Horse" Lincoln was working with the Kingpin of crime. When she was young, her father was killed by his boss, but ironically, Crazy Horse wanted Fisk to take care of his daughter. As he lay dying, he gave his daughter a bloody handprint over her face. Wilson took Maya to a boarding school for special children, because of her disability. There she discovered that she had a talent of instantly memorizing what she has seen and being able to copy the exact movements (photographic reflexes, much like the Taskmaster). Wilson then transferred Maya into another school for prodigies, there she became a gifted woman.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
BenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: png
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:29 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Echo - Design Phase

NAME = ECHO
SECRET IDENTITY = MAYA LOPEZ

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = PERCEPTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 130

MIMIC

After moving and before attacking, you may choose the Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on the Army Card of one Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Echo to Mimic. Echo may use the Mimicked number in place of her own until she mimics a different number. Echo cannot mimic a number that is higher than 7.

MIRRORED COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against an adjacent normal attack, if you roll the same number of shields as the attacker rolls skulls, the attacking figure receives one wound.

I thought about giving her a sound resistance power, since she's deaf, but the one we came up with a long time ago doesn't fit her thematically (it's a sound disruption power). I'm open to suggestions...

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 26th, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Human Limitations: Echo still has all of the natural limitations and vulnerabilities of an ordinary human. While she can peform great physical and intellectual feats, she is incapable of duplicating an ability or skill that requires superhuman effort.
My real concern with her Mimic power is that she shouldn't be able to Power Absorb like Absorbing Man, use Scarlet Witch's powers, fly etc. because they are all beyond her physical abilities.

I don't have too much time at the moment but can look deeper into this later.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:00 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Human Limitations: Echo still has all of the natural limitations and vulnerabilities of an ordinary human. While she can peform great physical and intellectual feats, she is incapable of duplicating an ability or skill that requires superhuman effort.
My real concern with her Mimic power is that she shouldn't be able to Power Absorb like Absorbing Man, use Scarlet Witch's powers, fly etc. because they are all beyond her physical abilities.

I don't have too much time at the moment but can look deeper into this later.
I agree with Hahma here, maybe if it was just Special Attack instead that might narrow the theme a little closer but will probably be still not thematically accurate. Either way I think you are to include the special power or special attack, you will need to use the wording we worked out for Dr Dooms so that if it references the figure or the card it should now refer to Mimic.

Cheers
Old November 18th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here's something I had in my notes for Taskmaster. They have the same power in that regard I believe. Though I just got done reading a new 4 part Taskmaser series and it was very interesting.

Just a different angle is all and still pretty rough.

Quote:
Photographic Reflexes
When Taskmaster is attacked with a normal attack by an opponent's adjacent figure, the attacking figure subtracts 1 from its attack. When Taskmaster attacks an opponent's adjacent figure, that figure cannot use any special powers that require rolling a 20-sided die before rolling defense dice and subtracts 1 from its defense.

Old November 18th, 2010, 10:48 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Man, this is gonna be a tough one to nut out! On the surface I think Mimic is pretty cool for Echo, however I have to agree it really doesn't work thematically. She should not be able to mimic a Green Power Battery, Scarlet Witches cursing power, nor Anti-Monitor's erase from existance. I think that realistically the way to go may be to make her more similar to Absorbing Man except with a ceiling. She could use their stats up to a non-superhuman level and also use their movement powers except Flying. I think the rest are kinda reasonable. (Bamfing would be odd, but I think of it more as moving in the shadows for her.) The alternative would be to just give her Phantom Walk and a Mimic that allows her to mimic stats.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Man, this is gonna be a tough one to nut out! On the surface I think Mimic is pretty cool for Echo, however I have to agree it really doesn't work thematically. She should not be able to mimic a Green Power Battery, Scarlet Witches cursing power, nor Anti-Monitor's erase from existance. I think that realistically the way to go may be to make her more similar to Absorbing Man except with a ceiling. She could use their stats up to a non-superhuman level and also use their movement powers except Flying. I think the rest are kinda reasonable. (Bamfing would be odd, but I think of it more as moving in the shadows for her.) The alternative would be to just give her Phantom Walk and a Mimic that allows her to mimic stats.
Bamfing is Teleporting. She'd be able to go up crazy levels, through walls etc.

What about Blob's Stuck or Immovable?
Fastball Special? Steel Skin?
Nullify, Vertigo Effect?
Imposing Presence?
Healing Factor X, Adamantium Claws?
Golden Lasso?
Tongue Lash?
Man Of Steel, X-Ray Vision?
Born On Monday?
Engulf?
Mutant Mind Link, Psychic Defense X?
Dust of Death, Master Manipulator?
Entangling Vines, Pheromones 17, Plant Animation?
I'm Rubber You're Glue, Plastic Wrap, Bounce and Stretch?
The Green, Swamp Strength?
Intangibility?
Magnetic Throw, Mental Shield?
Telekinesis 12, Psionic Grip?
Rage Smash 5, Super Leap?
Hawk Swoop?
Adaptive Resistance, Evolutionary Regeneration?
Cupid's Arrow?
Evasive Strike 16?
Guardian Angel, Carry?

Just to name a few.

Old November 18th, 2010, 11:55 PM

I thought about those concerns, but the problem is Heroscape doesn't distinguish between "superhuman powers" and "regular abilities". So if she can mimic powers, it's not fully thematic because she can get superhuman powers. If she can't mimic any powers, then she's fairly boring and still not thematic.

By the way, Anti-Monitor could easiily be excluded by limiting Mimic to Unique Heroes only.

Another option is to limit Mimic further, for example to Unique Vigilante Heroes. Most of them don't have superpowers, at least not on the order of teleporting and flying. I'm not sure if that would make her too niche, though.
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set. Its model number and name is #013-015/Echo.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I think you could think about just giving her 3 powers that are already popular, that way we avoid all the problems that this card is sure to give us, because I will continue to vote no all along if she can run as fast as Flash, use Omega Effect Special Attack, Deadly Strike with an amped up attack, etc.

How about 3 powers that could work well for here

STEALTH LEAP

RADAR SENSE

FISTS OF FURY
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Here's my suggestion:

MIMIC
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Echo to Mimic. Echo may use the chosen figure's Move Number, Range Number, Attack Number, or Defense Number in place of her own for the remainder of the round. Echo may only Mimic one of these numbers at a time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I think you could think about just giving her 3 powers that are already popular, that way we avoid all the problems that this card is sure to give us, because I will continue to vote no all along if she can run as fast as Flash, use Omega Effect Special Attack, Deadly Strike with an amped up attack, etc.

How about 3 powers that could work well for here

STEALTH LEAP

RADAR SENSE

FISTS OF FURY
Not big on the Stealth Leap or Radar Sense because she is still limited by her physical ability and her legs don't get Beast-like by watching him and she can't gain a "sense" by watching DD or Spidey.

FOF could be okay for sure.

Quote:
  • Master Martial Artist: Echo is an expert in various forms of martial arts, including those practiced by Daredevil, Bullseye, and the Hand. She learned various different techniques and methods from studying different martial artists in action/martial arts movies such as Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li.
  • Master Acrobat: Due to watching tapes of Daredevil's performance, Maya is proficient in the field gymnastics and acrobatics.
  • Expert Marksman: Due to watching tapes of Bullseye's performances, She is an expert marksman capable of throwing objects of almost any sort with phenominal accuracy and sharpshooting.
  • Multilingual: Maya is able to read, write, and speak foreign languages after seeing them written or spoken one time. As a result, she is fluent in multiple languages. Although she is deaf, she can understand people by reading their lips and learned to speak by watching their tongues.
Weapons Proficiency: Due to fighting and watching tapes of various different martial artists such as Daredevil, she is skilled with both single, and double billy clubs used in an Eskrima-like fashion, an excellent swordsman with both single and double katana, and is master at using both single, and double nunchaku, and possibly other weapons.
Perhaps she can have a version of Bullesye's Deadly Aim, or Deathstroke's Quick Shot or Harley's Acrobatic Maneuver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Here's my suggestion:

MIMIC
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Echo to Mimic. Echo may use the chosen figure's Move Number, Range Number, Attack Number, or Defense Number in place of her own for the remainder of the round. Echo may only Mimic one of these numbers at a time.

Perhaps this Mimic can be in addition to a couple special powers as mentioned above. I mean the basic thing with the Photographic Reflexes for Taskmaster (which would be the same for Echo) is that they don't just react to someone they see in the battle at the moment, they store abilities of other people's abilities that they've studied and bring those stored memories out when they choose.

In fact, in the new Taskmaster 4 part series, there was one sequence where he was with this woman and someone opened up with a machine gun on them, he pushed her out of the way and the image of most of his body was of Captain America, then he dodged the bullets and the image of most of his body was Drax for his agility and then he leapt over the sandbags and did a certain punch and the image of him was of the orginial Torch. He was like "haven't used that punch in a while" so it's like he picks and chooses muscle memory of actions or abilities that he compartmentalizes in his brain until he needs or wants to use them. Same should apply to Echo since the power is the same.

So I would think about a couple stored powers/abilities to put on her card and maybe Mimic to represent adjusting to opponent's in battle. Though I thought my Photographic Reflexes kind of accomplished an in battle adjustment to the opponent by adjusting attack/def because after studying the opponent for a minute, he/she could counter the fighting style.

Maybe she could have a ranged attack in her base stats to represent a stored ability. I mean Taskmaster carries a bow like Hawkeye, shield like Cap, a sword like Swordsman and a pistol like ....I don't recall, but some of that can be base stats for him, so she could be similar I would think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library