Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
The Importance of the Nobel Peace Prize

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...bkBPgD9B7I4S00

Given the recent recipiants of this esteemed honor could someone, please, explain to me what its meaning and value is. It has, IMHO, become more and more a meaningless honor.

Someone tell me what accomplishments President Obama has achieved that make him worthy of this award.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:31 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Importance of the Nobel Peace Prize

Simple he is bringing on world peace... as soon as all those nukes fly due to the BS hes spreading it should be pretty damn paecefull.
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:32 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I though that came out of nowhere too.

-insert signature here-
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...bkBPgD9B7I4S00

Given the recent recipiants of this esteemed honor could someone, please, explain to me what its meaning and value is. It has, IMHO, become more and more a meaningless honor.

Someone tell me what accomplishments President Obama has achieved that make him worthy of this award.

Buddy Lee
- His diplomatic initiatives (which are not highly publicized, surprisingly) are actually making a difference in changing how people view the US.
- He is trying to rid the world of nuclear weapons, and has started some real, meaningful disarmament talks with Russia for the first time in 20 years.
- In the US, he is not a unifying figure, but everywhere else he is seen as a beacon of hope.

I'm sure as hell not this guy's #1, or actually, #100,000,000 fan, but I can see why they selected him.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While I think he doesn't deserve it, let's not be spreading BS like this ourselves....
Quote:
Simple he is bringing on world peace... as soon as all those nukes fly due to the BS hes spreading it should be pretty damn paecefull.
Actually, It probably has far less to do with him as much as it is a rebuke of George Bush. Obama probably would prefer not having to deal with this - I know I wouldn't.

EDIT: The reason why I wouldn't want it is that awards such as this a rarely helpful while you are still active in whatever cause you are doing. It tends to be more a distraction than anything else unless it is awarded after the fact, which is really when awards of this type should be given.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:55 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I know Bush was also nominated for it, and wasn't Clinton, too?

Maybe they just nominate all the presidents, just because.
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Say it aint so Joe...

A consumer-freedom group says President Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" is an "animal-rights zealot" who may make life difficult for hunters and meat-eaters.

Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) has placed a hold on the nomination of legal scholar Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Budget and Management. Cornyn is worried that the Harvard professor may push an aggressive animal-rights agenda in the White House. Sunstein has argued in favor of outlawing sport hunting and meat-eating, and written that animals should be allowed to file lawsuits "with human beings as their representatives."

Old October 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I know Bush was also nominated for it, and wasn't Clinton, too?

Maybe they just nominate all the presidents, just because.
No, Obama won it, not nominated. No one was expecting it to be awarded him.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
I love the poll at the bottom of the article. A opinion question about the Obama admisnistration's methods with three negative choices and no positive ones.

I'm with those who think it's dumb that he got the peace prize though.
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation

I knew it was a matter of time before the outrage began. It's gonna be a funny weekend. People become furious when this guy breathes, so its awesome that he received this award for that very reason. I for one am starting to find a lot of humor in angry people, and I'm sure this gem will get some folks red in the face. Hilarious.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Say it aint so Joe...

A consumer-freedom group says President Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" is an "animal-rights zealot" who may make life difficult for hunters and meat-eaters.

Well, as long as the "Animal Rights" are limited to being smothered in sauteed onions, A-1 sauce, marinated in Worsterchire, or dunked in Ketchup... I can get behind that nomination.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Say it aint so Joe...

Senator John Cornyn (R-Texas) has placed a hold on the nomination of legal scholar Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Budget and Management. Cornyn is worried that the Harvard professor may push an aggressive animal-rights agenda in the White House. Sunstein has argued in favor of outlawing sport hunting and meat-eating, and written that animals should be allowed to file lawsuits "with human beings as their representatives."

Let's not bring up the Czar nonsense that Faux News has been lying about.

http://factcheck.org/2009/09/czar-search/

Bush had more, several have been appointed and approved by the Senate, and it's constitutional.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General