Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Mockingbird -Playtesting Phase

Yes dad, I was fair this time , kept it to a PM and didn't tell him it was a crappy test. I just wanted him to know that it was a disappointing effort and that if he isn't going to put forth the effort for a test, he shouldn't sign up for it. I think that is fair to ask and if it scares him off then I'm sorry, but I'm not going to beg anyone to do a respectable test.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 17th, 2011, 06:31 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I feel for ya Hahma, that was pretty bad.
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Lately when I pm the info to people I've been specifically asking for one 600ish point test and one 1000ish point test. Doesn't cure all ailments, but it's produced good results thus far.

That said, I think the biggest problem here is that ZJ is a quality, experienced playtester and we want to see what kind of value he gets out of Mockingbird, but both tests had Mockingbird in the hands of his brother, who's a completely unknown variable (I have no idea if his brother is an experienced player or a qualified playtester at all).

Still, his resulting feelings seem to be close to what yours were in the initial, Hahma, which is that Mockingbird is maybe coming in just slightly on the high side.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

ZJ usually does such great and extensive work, so I understand your disappointment here Hahma.
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I was bummed by the effort, but have corresponded via PM and he explained that he had family stuff going on this weekend and wasn't going to be able to work on it then so he wanted to get it in. He told me that if I wanted, he could do more testing after the weekend. I told him that would be fine if he just wanted to do 1 800 point test. I also told him that I would rather have had him wait until he had the time to do it rather than rush it. I told him that I'm not one to try to rush people about playtests, but I appreciate if they put some effort into them, which is more important than speed.

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

From Scapemage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Mockingbird.

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass. The strategy shines here more than in most units. By moving very carefully, you can ambush a group of enemies by utilizing your normal move and Pole Vault.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130.
- Give a brief overview. Mockingbird didn’t do all that much wounds wise, but she played an important role in distracting Hulkbuster so that Hawkeye could eliminate Mk V, a huge threat. Her contributions made a difference, and Mocking Words helped her survive a turn longer.
Map: Moon Base Alpha.
Units: Mockingbird, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Banshee, Dum Dum Dugan, and Mystique (1005) vs. Iron Man MkV, Iron Man MkIII, Iron Man Mk II, and Iron Man Hulkbuster (1010).
Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130-150.
- Give a brief overview. I think Mockingbird might need a bump in cost by 10 or 20 points. In an Agent army (priority army), she performs extremely well, and skillful moving can result in lots of damage from Mockingbird. Pole Vault allows for the strategic movement tactics that also result in multiple attacks, and Mocking Words and Counterstrike let her get away with 4 lives. Her range is darn helpful as well.
Map: Moon Base Alpha.
Units: Mockingbird, Nick Fury, SHIELD Agents x2, Black Widow, and Gorilla-Man (880) vs. Doctor Doom (C3G), Moloid x6, and White Martian x3 (885).
Spoiler Alert!

Who won and how many wounds did they have? Team 1: Mockingbird w/ 1 wound, Black Widow w/ 3 wounds, Gorilla-Man, Nick Fury, and 4/6 SHIELD Agents.

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

I don't really see why Scapey thinks she should get bumped up, she didn't really over perform here. The second test looked like the White Martians and Doom didn't really do much and if Mockingbird can jump into a crowd of squaddies and dish some damage, well the opponent shouldn't keep them bunched. Just like you wouldn't with DD or Beast.

Her Counterstrike can be bypassed by special attacks and range. Mocking Words only has a range of 3, so ranged units won't have a problem against her.

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Another testsheet from Zettian Juggernaut

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Mockingbird)

- THEME TEST/ Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Pass.

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 140.
- Give a brief overview. She did well for her points, so I think that her points should go up a little.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 130.
- Give a brief overview. I liked how she played agents the Hired Guns.

TEST 1
Map: HYDRA Base Gehenna.
Units: Mockingbird (130) VS Hired Guns (130)

Unit Sum-up:
Damage: destroyed 3 Hired Guns.
Power Usage: Pole Vault: 2 times, Mocking Words: 2 successes out of 3 times.

Spoiler Alert!

TEST 2

Units: Mockingbird (130) VS Hired Guns (130)

Unit Sum-up:
Damage: destroyed 2 Hired Guns.
Power Usage: Pole Vault: 2 times, Mocking Words: 2 successes out of 3 times.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 120.
- Give a brief overview. She did fine, she only killed about 88 points, She was fun to play to.
Unit Sum-up:
Damage: 1 Wound(s) on Two-Face, destroyed Two-face, and 3 Street Thugs.
Power Usage: Pole Vault: 3 times, Mocking Words: 3 successes out of 5 times.
Units: Army 1: Mockingbird, Civilians x3, S.H.E.I.L.D. Agents x2, Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), Billy Batson (905) VS Army 2: Kingpin, Elektra, Two-Face, Ventriloquist, Street Thugs x5 (910)
Spoiler Alert!

Old December 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

Nice report from ZJ this time and had extra stuff that I didn't ask for but appreciate.

She still seems fine at 130 to me.

Old December 21st, 2011, 11:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

I propose Mockingbird moves to Final Editing at 130 points.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Mockingbird -Vote for Final Editing

You have more than enough evidence to gain my support of 130. Yea.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Re: The Book of Mockingbird -Vote for Final Editing

Thanks Griff!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library