Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Old March 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: READ THIS FIRST - Rules for using the trading forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
As one who was heavily involved in trading, I'm not thrilled about the changes here and haven't participated in any trades since the change. I don't agree that this makes trading easier. I do agree that it makes tracking tradeworthiness easier (although I'm not sure how it will prevent longstanding members with large +rep from causing...anomalies, as we have seen happen lately.)

The thing I liked about the old thread was that I could subscribe to one thread and be notified immediately when somebody made an update or offered new items or wanted new items. The new system requires me to sort through numerous threads or subscribe to every thread in the subforum to watch for changes. Additionally, I'm not really notified if a new thread is created, unless I subscribe to the daily digest message.

So here is my suggestion: how about adding a "Trade Announcement" thread. As is current practice, each person creates and maintains their own individual trade thread. When User X creates his/her trade thread or updates his/her Haves or Wants in User X's own thread, User X is also permitted to post in the Announcment Thread. This post will consist of nothing more than "Created/Updated my list" and a link to their individual thread. Create some rules around how frequently User X is permitted to post in the Announcement Thread and away we go. Now I can subscribe to one thread and be notified whenever anybody changes their Haves/Wants.
Awesome idea Porkins. Makes perfect sense to do that.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old March 27th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Makes sense to me. This is Xorlof's baby, though, so he should probably weigh in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 27th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Stupid Porkins, not liking our system and trying to come up with something on his own <grumble grumble> Huh? This thing is on?
Oh, er, well, great idea Porkins! I like it !

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
As one who was heavily involved in trading, I'm not thrilled about the changes here and haven't participated in any trades since the change. I don't agree that this makes trading easier. I do agree that it makes tracking tradeworthiness easier (although I'm not sure how it will prevent longstanding members with large +rep from causing...anomalies, as we have seen happen lately.)
Nothing we can do will prevent it. The "no asking for gifting" rule that rolled out as part of this larger trading revamp should help out with seller-side anomalies. It moves people to a place where it becomes more straightforward to go through a PayPal mediated resolution, greatly reducing risk, and ensuring a certain level of seller performance.

Quote:
So here is my suggestion: how about adding a "Trade Announcement" thread. As is current practice, each person creates and maintains their own individual trade thread. When User X creates his/her trade thread or updates his/her Haves or Wants in User X's own thread, User X is also permitted to post in the Announcment Thread. This post will consist of nothing more than "Created/Updated my list" and a link to their individual thread. Create some rules around how frequently User X is permitted to post in the Announcement Thread and away we go. Now I can subscribe to one thread and be notified whenever anybody changes their Haves/Wants.
What is this strange "subscription" thing your refer to? (I don't use subscriptions much, browsing instead using the "today's posts" link, so I suppose that's why this sort of idea wouldn't have occurred to me.)

On to your proposal--sure, as long as such a thread is only used for announcements that occur after the trade threads are still created and updated, I can't see any downside to allowing it. I'll amend the rules and create the thread. I'm at another busy time, so even though it is a relatively straightforward operation, give me a few days to make this happen. (That will also give other admins time to weigh in in our private forum if they have any concerns that didn't spring to mind for me).

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't see a problem with it, fwiw.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:24 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You don't use subscriptions, Xorlof? I'm probably subscribed to over 1,000 threads given all of the C3G ones I'm subscribed to! The User CP is the active poster's best friend!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 28th, 2013, 06:18 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I subscribe to every thread in the C3V/SoV forum, so i can keep track of everything

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM

I know, right? It'd be utter chaos otherwise! So much to do, so much to do!

Old March 28th, 2013, 11:00 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't subscribe to any threads either. Like Xorlof I use Today's Posts to keep track of everything. Maybe one day I'll convert, but I like to read (and all too often post) in just about every thread on the site.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I don't subscribe to any threads at all. Like Xorlof I use Today's Posts to keep track of everything.
What if you miss a day?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
I don't subscribe to any threads at all. Like Xorlof I use Today's Posts to keep track of everything.
What if you miss a day?

I'm currently subscribed to about 1,260 threads. I would guess that 1/5 - 1/3 of them are old "dead" threads, but many of them have had posts in the last 6 months.

When I'm busy, I just skip over the ones that aren't important to me or were not interesting to me the last time I checked in.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 28th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
What if you miss a day?

That's why I subscribe, and also check Today's Posts.

But I'm on here multiple times a day so it may be redundant.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades