Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Closed Thread

Old September 8th, 2022, 04:30 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Cancel HeroScape

Whilst lamenting the lack of historical units (except Drake) in the previews and while reading Skyknight's explanation of the difficulties of the matter, I thought it might be fun to start a thread which celebrates cancel culture in a tongue-in-cheek and perhaps slightly inappropriate way. I would ask that everyone take it easy while reading and not get offended about being offended and try to keep it fun and/or thought-provoking, but not mean-spirited or hurtful. And I add a disclaimer that I don't really have a problem with any of my HeroScape, because I can just let a game be a game, but I also understand how some lines should not be crossed and how those lines are different for different people.

I would include the C3V stuff and want to start off by cancelling the 12th Caucasus Rifles, because Russians killing people is a little too real to be enjoyable in a kid's game. Add in the dehumanizing dialogue in the Bio and this one is an obvious starter.

On a real life note though, I really enjoy Axis and Allies and Memoir 44 and it is a weird feeling taking control of the Russians and attacking Germans (I live in Germany, my wife is German and the whole Ukrainian war is a lot closer to us than to most of you all).

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 8th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Cancel HeroScape

And because the Russian thing felt a little too serious for what I am actually shooting for, I would like to cancel the 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters as well. Not only for being Confederates supporting a government that supports slavery, but also for not adhering to Vydar's Human Squad Formation Guidelines which include a one figure non-male quota. Even the Russians stuck to those rules!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 8th, 2022, 04:55 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm officially canceling Braxas. I'm done with staying quiet on the matter. For ages, no, EPOCHS all she has done is spread toxicity across Icaria, and now Valhalla? Where is the accountability? I'll probably be silenced by the mainstream heroscape news for saying this but I'm just done. I'm done.

Also RUNA DID NOTHING WRONG!!!
Old September 8th, 2022, 07:20 PM

Timerron knows what's in an order marker Timerron knows what's in an order marker

I want to cancel anything that cost more than $50 for me to re-add to my collection after a 12 year break from the game and my old collection. Any unit rare enough or powerful enough to cost that much is RUINING the game (;P)

This was fun, thanks
Old September 8th, 2022, 07:20 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
...I would like to cancel the 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters as well. Not only for being Confederates supporting a government that supports slavery, but also for not adhering to Vydar's Human Squad Formation Guidelines which include a one figure non-male quota. Even the Russians stuck to those rules!
You almost had me thinking this was a thing until I looked at the Microcorp Agents card.
Old September 8th, 2022, 08:34 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would like to cancel Heroscape for including Primadons because of what Harambe did to that poor child at the zoo.
Old September 8th, 2022, 08:38 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I’d cancel Bolt of Witherwood for turning Heroscape from chess into backgammon.

Old September 8th, 2022, 10:57 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to cancel Sir Hawthorne.. wait, he just canceled me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 9th, 2022, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
...I would like to cancel the 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters as well. Not only for being Confederates supporting a government that supports slavery, but also for not adhering to Vydar's Human Squad Formation Guidelines which include a one figure non-male quota. Even the Russians stuck to those rules!
You almost had me thinking this was a thing until I looked at the Microcorp Agents card.
One of the Microcorp identifies as agender/gender non-conforming, thus fulfilling the non-male quota

Jugger

Old September 9th, 2022, 09:38 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I wanna cancel this cancellation process...Wait, what are we canceling again...?

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old September 9th, 2022, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I'd like to cancel Sir Hawthorne.. wait, he just canceled me.

If they do another version of Sir Hawthorne his "Stab in the Back" will be changed to "Whistleblower" and the alignment of the Knights of Weston and Sir Hawthorne will be reversed.

I think the Marro have to go as well. For the one thing, their treatment of their domesticated mounts seems not to be in line with PETA standards. And furthermore they seem to be intentionally blocking and dragging their feet on inter-general efforts to clean up Valhallan waterways.

#DraintheSwamp

Jugger

Old September 9th, 2022, 09:30 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm Not Mad; I'm Just Disappointed

I really really really really really really really really really really do not think this thread is a good idea. I understand people want to poke fun at things, but we've already had to delete one post for going too far and I feel it'll just devolve into more of that. I'm not locking or deleting the thread yet, but I'm keeping a very close eye on it.

~Dysole, informationally
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General