Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Monk has disabled reputation
Homemade -Toxin

Took a Heroclix figure, Metamorpho, from Collateral Damage then the arms from a Horrorclix figure, Skeletal Maiden, from Base Set.
Then with help from a dremel tool, epoxy glue and testors paint, I made a passable Marvel Toxin figure........Now the only problem is his card.
I don't know enough about him except he's supposed to be stronger than
Venom and Carnage. I thought maybe....6 Life...Move 6, Range 1, Attack 7, Defense 5, Then I thought I'd give him the exact Specials Venom Has on his card...

Last edited by Monk; December 25th, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:38 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Homade -Toxin

Get Spidy to give a lowdown on the character he is the man for character info. If not Wiki is your friend. If you are just looking at the one card I could probably hook you up if you get the stats figured out.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:47 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Homade -Toxin

I have a Toxin card if you want to use it or reference it. I really enjoyed the Toxin mini series which is pretty much all he's in.

Old December 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Homemade -Toxin

Monk great custom looks really good. I might suggest that a dark wash over it might give it's appearance a bit more definition & add just a little more character.

Hi1 I love the wording for Vengeful Nature.

Cheers
Old December 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Monk has disabled reputation

I'm going to try the wash as he looks too bright under the big lights..
Hey Hi1, I had a 10 game session with my nephew, Toxin vs. Venom
using your card- we each used one figure switching back and forth for 10 battles ( I used a small city with little buildings I made from styrofoam).

The thing is Venom won 80% of the time. I can see how Toxin would
be good in a group fight where vengeful nature would kick in. I think the biggest problem was that he can't avoid attacks. Venom jumps away almost a third of the time but toxin stayed and took the big hits, he would
heal some, but not enough to keep him alive. Then he's supposed to be stronger than Venom and Carnage but he only has a 5 attack unless some
other friendly figure dies.
Even with 1 figure on his card he'd be a 6 attack 5 defense and without the spider sense- jumping away ability I don't think he'd outlast Venom.
I still think something is missing. He should be the strongest Symbiote.
Old December 25th, 2009, 06:25 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

In a one-on-one with the official Venom & Hi1's Toxin, I'm surprised Venom lost 2 games. Nothing against Hi1's card as I do love the abilities, maybe they aren't the best ones for this character? But I don't really know the character at all, but if I were playing him in an army I'd be tempted to recruit a couple of throw away characters as sacrifices & let Toxin sit back until he has more strength. This might be in his character & intended, but at a guess probably not.

Cheers
Old December 26th, 2009, 12:41 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree he's not as strong as he could be. Toxin is supposed to be able to take on both Venom and Carnage at once, but the thing is he's being restrained by Patrick Mulligan, the guy he bonded to. Mulligan is a good cop, so he has the whole sense of what's right and wrong so where Towin might unleash his full potential and be this horrible killer, Mulligan keeps him in check. There was a whole storyline dedicated to the struggle to hold back the beast.

The only time you saw Toxin's real power unleashed was when he was extracting revenge on someone who previously hurt him or people he cared about.

Anyway that's why I made the card the way I did. I could definitely see room for a stronger Toxin, but I didn't want it to get ridiculous with Vengeful Nature.

Old December 26th, 2009, 02:03 AM

In that case Hi1 he's perfect for you, & the powers acheive exactly what you were aiming for. Monk, Hi1s card probably isn't for you then & that's ok, coz whilst they are customs the only person that has to be satisfied is you. But when you put something more concrete together we certainly will help in any wording or gameplay issues. Until then I can't help too much as I don't really know this guy. But I do look forward to seeing the end result.

Cheers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations