Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 3rd, 2018, 07:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Nico Minoru (Design Phase)

That's an interesting idea. I would definitely be worried about her points going up, though, so I'd probably either drop the boost to +3 in that case, or maybe just the number of markers. 9 Move, 5 Range, and 6 Attack at 190 isn't all that scary if you can only use it once per game.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 07:32 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
That's an interesting idea. I would definitely be worried about her points going up, though, so I'd probably either drop the boost to +3 in that case, or maybe just the number of markers. 9 Move, 5 Range, and 6 Attack at 190 isn't all that scary if you can only use it once per game.
Or if you can only use it twice a game and then you've blown all your stat boosts forever, really.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 3rd, 2018, 09:00 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I really like the limit on boost per turn (either 3 or 4 depending what you decide) and also prefer the 3 boost, so she can add 3 to attack and range up to 3 times, or attack, range, and move up to twice. Really gets across the varying power of the Staff of One and hence her character.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:52 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nico Water

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns
Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency? No

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding? No

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)? No

Does the design move other figures? Yes, but it's nothing game breaking

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set)? No

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers? Staff of One is mediocre at best defensively. Magical defense is solid but 3 defense is pretty easy to bust open.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design? No

Does the design have any other concerns? Like Soundwarp said, Staff of One basically is an attack boost for optimal usage. Also, the wording is such that you can argue she has to choose to use the attack boost before moving and you can argue it's before attacking.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes: Nothing concerning, but I'd clean up the wording on Staff of One

~Dysole, wondering what's the cheapest we could get a magical defense figure without breaking things
Old February 4th, 2018, 05:59 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Nico Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
~Dysole, wondering what's the cheapest we could get a magical defense figure without breaking things
I don't think I'd want to go under 140 (if that) for true Magic Defense unless the design had a decent drawback. Little too easy to just build a spell spammer at that point.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 5th, 2018, 02:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think I'm confusing the turn/round language again, how does the +4 defense option work currently?
Old February 5th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The intent is, at one of the following three points:

- Before moving Nico
- Before attacking with Nico
- Before defending with Nico

...you can burn a marker to add 4 to any stat. Only once per turn, though, and only until the end of that turn. So (correct me if I'm wrong): after attack dice are rolled for an attack against Nico, the power triggers, allowing you to burn a marker.
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Okay I get it now. So if a figure attacks you and rolls 4+ skulls, you either accept 1W or use the staff to boost you def. die up to 7 in an attempt to block it. If they have a double att. the def. stays at 7 for both. Alternately, you might use it when facing another MD figure as your W's are no longer limited to 1. So I can see a use for it for sure. Thanks!
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

So here's an attempted rewrite for her first power:

STAFF OF ONE
Start the game with 6 black Mana Markers on this card. Before moving Nico Minoru, before attacking with Nico, or before defending with Nico, you may remove one Mana Marker from this card to increase Nico’s Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number by 4 until the end of that turn. You cannot choose the same [stat?] more than once per turn. Nico cannot cast a Spell that shares a name with a Spell she has cast this game.

I'm not sure what the official term for stat is? Is there one?

I think I'd like to keep her at 190 with that boost for now - I feel like one attack of 6 at range vs. 2 attacks of 6 in melee is actually probably a fair tradeoff, and I'd like to see how that plays before tweaking it down, if only because 6 Attack felt good in my games. If we need to, we could possibly raise her cost and lower another Runaway's (maybe Chase?) to compensate.

I also attempted to clarify the timing for the power, but I'm not sure if that's too clunky. Might be something we just want to FAQ.

Any other thoughts on that?
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:25 PM
C3G Landlord

If the intent is that you can remove two markers before attacking to both increase the range and the base attack number before rolling dice, then the wording needs some work. As I read it right now, it says 'you may remove one Mana Marker' which would limit your before att. option to 1 (either increase range or increase base att.). You could still burn two markers on one turn though, one before moving to increase move and then one before attacking to increase range or base attack.
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Maybe....

Quote:
Start the game with 6 black Mana Markers on this card. Before Nico moves, attacks, or defends, you may remove any number of Mana Markers from this card. For each marker removed, choose either the Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on this card. You cannot choose the same number more than once per player? turn. Each chosen number is increased by 4 until the end of the player? turn. Nico cannot cast a Spell that shares a name with a Spell she has cast this game.
Old February 5th, 2018, 09:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

What about this?

Quote:
Start the game with 6 black Mana Markers on this card. Before Nico moves, attacks, or defends, you may remove any number of Mana Markers from this card. For each marker removed, you may add 4 to either the Move, Range, Attack, or Defense number on this card. No number may be increased by more than 4 per turn. Nico cannot cast a Spell that shares a name with a Spell she has cast this game.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library