Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Man-Bat Assassins - Design Phase

Pre-Yea
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

pre-yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I propose we move this to playtesting!

Down to A3n.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. This passes to playtesting.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2011, 11:44 PM

Re: The Book of Man-Bat Assassins - Playtesting Phase

I'm glad you dig them!
I'm pretty sure you already know the answers to both questions you asked there, but here you go:

1) Of course they bond! The intention is clear there. If it ends up asked frequently in the thread, we'll FAQ it, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

2) For Claw Grab, I toyed around the idea of restricting it to one attempt on a figure per turn, but it didn't seem like a fair restriction thematically or a fun one tactically. So if I wanted to limit the attempts to one, that's what the card would have said. Another one that I'll happily FAQ if it ends up being asked frequently.

Thanks for the review! Hope we hear more from you around the project!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge
Hey there Bats,

I'm more then happy to take a look at this fun little squad of yours.

There stats all look pretty good. I am getting pretty excited to see the Ninja/Assassin group growing! I really love the Hand Ninja, but think they need a few more options then Bullseye/Elektra to put them on par with the more competitive armies i.e. the Hydra.

Question though. The Hand Ninja's "Ninja Assassin Bonding" says "with any Ninja or Assassin Unique Squad you control." I'm sure they are meant to bond, but the Man-Bat Assassins card has them listed as Unique "Assassins" and not "Assassin" I'm not sure what the rule is on that.

There abilities are pretty fun! Here are my questions regarding the mechanics...

Claw Grab -

In order to activate Claw Grab you must fly over the target and then roll a combat dice right? And in order to move the figure the dice must land a skull, if not then the claw essentially misses and the unit gets to stay put right? It then says you may not Claw Grab the same figure twice in one turn. Well if all 3 Man-Bat Assassins fly over the same figure and after the move if the first Assassin misses his Claw Grab can the 2nd and 3rd then try to use there Claw Grab on that same figure since the 1st failed? Or does the 1st Assassins attempt count as using Claw Grab on the figure and the other 2 can't target the same figure?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question, but I'm also sure this debate could come up during a game.

Either way, I really love this ability! powers that let you manipulate the board and place 300+ point figures where you want is HUGE in my opinion

Evasive Flying feels very fluid. I can't think of any questions or concerns to bring up right now.

Well done mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Hey guys, appreciate your comments as always!

NAME = MAN-BAT ASSASSINS (3 Figures)

SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD
CLASS = ASSASSINS
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 130?

CLAW GRAB
While a Man-Bat Assassin is flying, you may choose one opponent’s small or medium figure that it passed over this turn and roll one combat die. If you roll a skull, the chosen figure receives one wound and, if it is not destroyed, you may place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to that Man-Bat Assassin at the end of its move. When the chosen figure is moved by Claw Grab, it will not take any leaving engagement attacks. You may not Claw Grab the same figure twice in a turn.

EVASIVE FLYING
When a Man-Bat Assassin starts to fly, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When a Man-Bat Assassin rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure without the Flying or Stealth Flying special power, 1 shield will block all damage. For each shield rolled, you may immediately move the defending Man-Bat Assassin one space.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the tests!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage
Who needs Man-Bat anyways?

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
Quote:

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Man-Bat Assassins.

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass. Perfection. Grab ‘n go plus evasive bat-ness is just what they should be doing.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass. Hand Ninja and Kingpin bonding provides two good builds to work around.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass. As the Assassin faction grows these guys will get even better.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass. Interrupting your opponent’s game plans with nasty bats if sure fun!

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass, somewhat. I wouldn’t like it if I had someone with an aura or someone in a key position and a Bat just came and took them away. It would ruin my plans and be very annoying. But there’s only 3 Bats to take care of so it’s somewhat of a pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass. Absolutely! Even without an Assassin build to work around, I’ll take 3 Bats with Stealth Flying, Stealth Dodge, a grabbing power, and auto-wound potential anyday for just ~150 points.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass. Both powers are most certainly useful. There’s always something to Claw Grab.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass. Mastering Claw Grab can allow you to set-up the board just how you’d like it. A very strategic tactic indeed.

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 180-200.
- Give a brief overview. The Bats destroys the opposition this game! Claw Grab and Evasive Flying got them around into the positions they needed to exploit their opponents. The Bats died extremely quickly once they came across a decent threat, but they still earned well over their points this game.
Map: Martian War Zone: The Heat.
Units: Man-Bat Assassins, Bullseye, Elektra, and Hand Ninja (665) vs. Sandman, Mysterio, Doctor Octopus, and Electro (675).
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 130-150.
- Give a brief overview. This time, the Bats went down to one big attack. However, they whacked down the most important figure in the opposing army down to a single life. The Bats show potential with their Claw Grab, which bypasses annoying defense powers, and Evasive Flying keeps them from being sniped. Between both tests, the Bats feel comfortable at 150.
Map: Martian War Zone: The Heat.
Units: Man-Bat Assassins, Green Arrow (Connor Hawke), Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Merlyn, and Kingpin (810) vs. Arkham Inmates x3, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, and Green Goblin (805).
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Thanks for the tests!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Man-Bat Assassins)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this character’s powers should affect them.
Pass.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass.

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and what are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Squad Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 150.
- Give a brief overview. Nothing to add.
Spoiler Alert!

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 140.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? ?.
- What should be the unit's point value? 130.
- Give a brief overview. The Man-Bat assassins get on lucky with their defense rolls.
Map: Grundy's Grave.
Units: Army 1: Man-Bat Assassins, Hand Ninjas x3, Bulleye, Ant-Man, (610) VS Army 2: Batman, 5th Precinct Beat Cops x2, Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner Gordon (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? ?.
- What should be the unit's point value? 130.
Units: Army 1: Kingpin, Man-Bat Assassins, Penguin, Street Thugs x3 (715) VS Army 2: Loki, Mandarin, Bodyguard (715)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.
- What should be the unit's point value? 150.
- Give a brief overview. The Man-Bat Assassins finely did sum damage.
Units: Army 1: Man-Bat Assassins, Hand Ninjas x2, Captain America, S.H.I.L.D. Sniper (700) VS Army 2: Red Skull, HYDRA Agents x3, Madame HYDRA (700)
Spoiler Alert!

I know that I only need to do 2 Army tests, but I like to do extra.

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM

150 holds up to me after looking at all of these, so I propose we move to final editing at 150 points!

Old November 9th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Man-Bat Assassins - VOTE for Final Editing

Yea

And Yea for Griffin.

Last edited by tcglkn; November 9th, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:52 PM

Old November 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Most of those are focused on his crotch. Let's see if Hahma or A3n have this figure and want to give it a shot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library