Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 20th, 2007, 05:31 AM

BenQ has disabled reputation
HEROSCAPE: What to start with?

Hi guys,

I have played this game with my bro a few times and it's great. I am going to purchase a set and a few expansions for myself.

What would you recommend for a newbie?

Also are there any games available locally in Australia, second hand or new?

Ciao.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:49 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Rise of the Valkyrie! Then I would reccomend some Unique packs. Maybe Lawmen and Samurai is a great one, also some heroe packs such as the one with Krug and another with Kaemon Awa.

Welcome, welcome into our world!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:56 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the site, BenQ!

Assuming your brother has the Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) Master Set and you don't need to duplicate what he has, I'd recommend:

Raknar's Vision (a large-hero set with no bad figures)
Road to the Forgotten Forest (road tiles, a bridge and five trees)
Waves 1 (Mallidon's Prophesy) and 2 (Utgar's Rage)
The two vampire packs from Wave 7 (Fields of Valor)

There's a good sticky thread here that shows all the stuff that's been released; it's another great place to look for advice on what to buy:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=13259

Hope that helps.
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Assuming your brother has the Rise of the Valkyrie (RotV) Master Set and you don't need to duplicate what he has
I don't exactly agree with this. It assumes that you will only be playing with your brother and that you do not plan to draft the same figures he might intend to draft. I recommend your own master set to start, as well as a couple expansions. RotV is nice but Swarm of the Marrow is another cool master set to consider to add diversity to a game between you and your brother (but I don't know if you can get it out there yet). The best part about having a second master set at your disposal is that you can build larger and more diverse landscapes.

As far as the expansions Sherman Davies recommended, I totally agree. I'm still looking for some extra wave 1 and wave 2 commons myself, and have not had the opportunity to purchase Raknar's vision but I hear it is a wise choice. I would also personally recommend the Ninjas and Samurai pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I made a post the other day that relates to this... LINK:
http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...815&highlight=

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
It depends on what you want.

The terrain expansions are great for making your battlefields a little more interesting.

Waves 1 and 2 are great to add a bit more synergy to your armies and to give your RotV set heroes stuff to bond with.

Waves 3 and 4 and Orm's Return make for some great counterdrafts.

Waves 5, 6, 7 add a bit more flavor and the odd really cool hero.

As already mentioned, Raknar's Vision is just all around good.

You really can't go wrong buying anything heroscape, although it's probably a bit more expensive for you with all the shipping. My own personal favorites? Raknar's vision and waves 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Here's a thread about news on Heroscape in Australia, probably a good place to look.

Official Oz News

Welcome to the boards.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, BenQ!

On behalf of our getting started and down under community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, who likes Swarm of the Marro as a starter but notes that Rise of the Valkyrie may get hard to find next year

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:16 PM

Timberwolf has disabled reputation
Terrain I think would definitely be a good choice!

WWJD
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:52 PM

mantic has disabled reputation
I'm a noob with HS as well. I've looked at the various card lists and am having difficulty in choosing my first add-on pack. I want to CRUSH my mate's army into the mud. CRUSH THEM! Bwahahahaha!

<ahem>

On a slightly OT matter, I'm in the UK and TKMAX (I know I know, not the most grrrr-me-big-strong-man-grrr-shop, but hey, it's cheap) are selling Rise of the Valkyrie for £15 (about 30 USD). Aside from the crazy 2006 Argos price (which seems to have finished BTW, at least they're out of stock), that's the cheapest I've seen. I bought 2 packs - one for me and one for my mate (not entirely altruistic - I still get to play with his set )

Is this the cheapest non-2nd hand UK price? Anywhere I should go for some much-cheapness supplemental packs?
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:08 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
I highly reccomend the expansion with Kaemon Awa. He kicks butt and Eldgrim is super helpful.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old November 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Raknars vision has four good figures for crushing people into the mud.

After that, I would consider the hero pack with Krug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units