Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old December 29th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
A New Marr: Book 2

Finally wrapped things up with CoN, and I have winter vacation now so that's a whole week of time to catch up on things.

If you ask why I'm making a new thread, it's because the other one was rather cluttered to say the least. It's also not really fair for new readers (if any) to have to read through all that bulk. Making a lot of changes, for the better I hope. Editing and revamping every chapter. The first Book: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=13886

A New Marr
BOOK 2

Prologue

Hello all. I am Dagmar: explorer of the world, artisan of history. Here I shall tell you the most climactic event in my world's history. Welcome to the dark ages. To start, let me share some philosophy. Time is time. It never ends, it never begins. Size is size. It never shrinks, it never grows and it never matters.

Welcome to Valhalla. The year is AD 13, thirteen years after discovery of the wellsprings. A few years prior to now, the Marro species took over the known Valhalla. The foreign species was first summoned by the evil Utgar, a former Kyrie general. In half a decade the Marro produced on their own, asexually by creating "Hives". These Hives were created from living Marro bodies. Making one is a gruesome and complicated task.

Now there are at least half a dozen Marro Hives spread throughout the known half of the planet. You may be wondering why I am keep using "known." And since you may not be fully educated in Valhalla's history, I shall take a moment to share with you. About a thousand years ago, there was a great war. A war between the Archkyrie in what we call the "known Valhalla" against the Mirakyrie, a breed of logical outcasts. When the Archkyrie won, they banished these outcasts into a land that was called the Forbidden Land. A land that was thought to be all ice and desert inbetween the fiery wasteland and the northern tundra. The Mirakyrie started their own civilization, and nobody knows whatever happened to them. So now you know, but enough about that. The Marro are now the dominant species in the area. Most of the Kyrie have been killed and skinned. As for the wellsprings, they have been almost completely drained. The Marro use the mystical water to enforce their army.

When the Marro first arrived in Valhalla they were led by the warlords Ne-Gok-Sa and Me-Burq-Sa. The latter had met his end in the final battle against the Kyrie generals. Kee-Mo-Shi, the warwitch now rules aswell, and so do the new warriors. There are 4 of them: Bloody the Marro Stinger, Ga-Ne-Vu Lord of the Drones, Hi-Ya-Nu the Drudge, and Sa-Lin-Nu the Grok. Ne-Gok-Sa still outranks them all, and Kee-Mo-Shi by pure experience.

In all the destruction, mayhem, and death there remains hope. Not in the Kyrie, but in the soldiers brought to Valhalla by the Kyrie generals. Drake Alexander, and Syvarris the Elven archer lead a resistance against the Marro. They live up north in the mountains, where the cold blooded Marro fear to tread. Soon, they will make their biggest move against the relentless Marro...

... travelling to the Forbidden Land.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; January 5th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old December 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Re: A New Marr: Book 2

Part I: The Resistance

Chapter 1

The sun was bright and inviting, while the world was darkened. Ga-Ne-Vu awoke from his slumber. Once a simple Marro Drone, he discovered a wellspring and became different from the rest. Ne-Gok-Sa promoted him to the title of unique warrior. He stretched, and dragged himself to the window. Now, he lived atop Jandar's city, in one of the highest rooms in his palace. He peered down at the city. It was in ruin, and mostly empty.

Jandar's troops either died or escaped. The citizens were enslaved or slaughtered.

The buildings below were decaying. There was a bonfire of dead bodies near the outskirts. A foul odor filled the city from the fire.

Ga-Ne-Vu slowly walked downstairs. A Marro was waiting for him at the bottom. He bowed and spoke, "My lord, breakfast is served." He then led him to the dining room, even though Ga-Ne-Vu already knew where it was. The breakfast was undercooked cattle. Ga-Ne-Vu was given a very sharp knife to cut it up a little, and then scarfed it down.

He drank water from the wellsprings. It was so pure, so magical. Ne-Gok-Sa once said the water's power was that it enhances traits of the drinker but doesn't create power of its own.

After breakfast Ga-Ne-Vu did his chores: made other Marro's fear him, check! Search for survivors, check! None were found, by the way. And his last was to sent a message to Bloody, stating progress, check!

He still felt empty inside. As if he was missing something; the thrill of war, the challenge of being a normal soldier, or the threat of today being your last.

Througout the day, his mind lingered off. He thought of his past life on Marr, and his past life as a Drone. It was so much more interesting.

Another day passed. The night to follow would be a special one indeed. Ga-Ne-Vu's dream was different than what it usually was. It seemed all too real. He saw Gorrilanators attacking a small Marro village. They conquered it.

Ga-Ne-Vu didn't know if what he was dreaming was a memory or not. In his dream, he heard a Gorrilanator speak. "Finally, the last Marro territory is ours!"

"For ages the Marros have poisoned our forests, and lands, but now we rule Marr!"

The rest of the Gorrilanators cheered. Ga-Ne-Vu knew nothing like that had ever happened, was it the future or the present? If most of the Marro were brought to Valhalla he concluded it was the present, or near future.

He woke up, but quickly went back to sleep, to dream again...

"The bombs are set, Sir," said a voice.

"Good work, Samuel," said a familiar voice. Ga-Ne-Vu couldn't quite put his finger on it, who it was. There was a silence for a moment.

"5, 4, 3," said another voice, "2..." BOOM!!! An explosion shattered the silence.

Ga-Ne-Vu's view widened. BOOM!!! He heard again. A Marro Hive had exploded. It looked to be in Ticalla's Jungle, and it was very dark out. He saw Drake Alexander with 3 Airborne Elites next to him. Drake had grown a small beard, and all four of them were in their uniforms. Each of them had a helmet on, and held Thompson sub-machine guns. They had their hands over their ears.

The nearly dead Hive seemed to be crying out for help now. BOOM!!! Another bomb went off, then the bombs stopped. The Hive no longer squeeled out for help. It was dead.

"Good work soldiers," said Drake. "Now let's get our asses out of here." The soldiers moved quickly threw the forest. They bush-wacked their way through the jungle. After awhile they heard Marro voices. "Quiet!" Drake said, "And lie llow!" They lied close to the wet ground, and were absolutely still.

The Marros soon pasted. The soldiers moved on. "How'd you know the Hive was here anyway?" an Elite asked Drake.

"Jandar told me. He said some knights found it a long time ago." For this was true. A few years prior, some knights of Weston found that very Hive on Christmas day. The vision faded. Ga-Ne-Vu arose again.

"This isn't the past, nor the future," Ga-Ne-Vu thought to himself, "All this is happening right now!?"

Chapter 2

Throughout the next day, Ga-Ne-Vu pondered his visions. He wondered if they would come again. It was late afternoon. It was hot and humid outside. It drizzled every now and again. The wind was harsh. The Marro king was taking a nap in his room. He had no visions...

Ga-Ne-Vu's advisor arrived at the doorway. "My lord." He sounded like a snake, if they could talk. Ga-Ne-Vu arose as if an alarm went off in his head. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the room.

"What is it?" he said croggily, still have asleep.

"Human visitors," the advisor said.

Ga-Ne-Vu got out of the bed, and stared down at his advisor. He was a few inches taller, but not as bulky. Ga-Ne-Vu looked fit with powerful arms and legs. "What do they want?"

The advisor hesitated, before saying, "I- I don't know, sir."

"They're probably part of the resistance," Ga-Ne-Vu said as he walked out of the room. The advisor followed closely behind.

"We wanted your opinion on how we should kill them?" said the advisor, catching up to Ga-Ne-Vu as he scurried across the hallway. Ga-Ne-Vu continued around the corner, and down the stairwell not answering.

He walked into the atrium with the advisor right behind him. Ga-Ne-Vu was shocked to see Drake Alexander and his Airborne Elites. A dozen Marro Stingers surrounded the humans to make sure they didn't try anything.

Ga-Ne-Vu motioned for the Stingers to back away. They did so and Ga-Ne-Vu took another step forward. "Why have you come, Alexander?" he asked.

Drake stared at the floor. His hair was long, and was dripping with rainwater, or was it sweat, Ga-Ne-Vu wondered. His clothes were tattered and his armor looked worn.

Finally, he raised his head. "Peace?" he whispered. Ga-Ne-Vu listened attentively. "Can there be a peace between our races? Can the Marro coexist with the rest of Valhalla? I ask you this, and not Ne-Gok-Sa because you show mercy. Even when you say 'no mercy', you don't mean it. I've seen the look in your eyes. You let Ullar live didn't you?" Ga-Ne-Vu walked towards Drake. Each step echoed on the tile floor. He stopped right infront of him. "Together we can kill Ne-Gok-Sa, and make Valhalla a good place for all races," Drake said again, "Peace?" Drake held out his hand, hoping Ga-Ne-Vu would take it.

Ga-Ne-Vu stared at Drake, and Drake gazed back. "Yesterday, you destroyed a Marro Hive, and now appear at my doorstep asking for friendship? What peace is that?" Ga-Ne-Vu took Drake's hand and pulled him close. He whispered in his ear, "No peace." He let go of Drake's hand. Drake looked shocked at Ga-Ne-Vu.

"Shall we shoot them?" the advisor asked. Drake looked like he didn't care what happened, but his Elites began to talk amongst themselves.

"No," Ga-Ne-Vu said sternly.

"No?" the advisor was shocked.

"Let them go." Ga-Ne-Vu motioned for the doors to be opened. The humid atmosphere filled the room as the doorway widened. Drake nodded to Ga-Ne-Vu as he turned to exit the great castle. Ga-Ne-Vu watched him walk down the steps and into the city. It was drizzling out. The Marro Stingers quickly closed the doors again.

"My lord, you just let the leader of the resistance get away?" questioned the advisor.

Ga-Ne-Vu replied, "There'll be another time, where we'll meet once again."

Chapter 3

Drake Alexander travels across the countryside. His 3 Airborne Elites follow close behind. They are in a forest, which isn't all that dense. All of them walk low to the ground, hoping not to be spotted by any Marro.

There's a large outpost in view and Drake is sure there is a scout somewhere.

Drake crouches behind a bush while each his Elites hide next to trees. Branches are broken and twigs snapped. Drake motions for his Elites to come forward. They follow him as he leaps over the bush and stops behind a huge tree. They're all able to hide behind the same tree. All around it's more than 20 feet. Drake peers around, to see nothing but trees. Sunlight glows through the canopy up above.

Then he turns back towards the Elites on his right side. "There's no Marro's in this forest." Drake seems to loosen up. He gets out from behind the tree.

The Elites follow closely. "Where should we attack next?" asked one. Drake looked around for a second, then focused on the Elite.

"I was thinking we should go back to the Tundra. Maybe meet up with Syvarris and the nine Elves," Drake replied.

An Elite walks across a log, his hands out wide to keep his balance. "Back there?" He jumps from the log to the ground. "It's so cold there."

"Yeah John," said the last Elite sarcasticly. "That's why it's called a 'tundra'."

"Was I talking to you?" John said.

"Enough," Drake said sternly. "I think we should need some help with our next job."

"Help? Where?" asked Samuel.

"On the other side of Valhalla." Drake looked into the distance. He could see where the forest ended. "I want to gather the Kyrie who live on the opposite side of the tundra."

"How do you know there's someone there?" Samuel questioned.

"I was told so, by Jandar awhile ago. I saw a timeline in his castle, and it spoke of an ancient war that seperated the Kyrie. I asked Jandar and he told me on one side was the Valhalla we know, and have lived in for years. But there is another side, called the Forbidden Land." Drake ended his story there. He started walking towards where the forests' end. "We need all the help we can get."

They traveled out of the woods. The 4 of them continued through the plains. Then the mountains started. There was no way around them, so they trecked up it. Little snow was on the top. The grass was frosty however. An Elite named Bill, slid his fingers through it. He felt moisture on his hand. They moved onward. Ever so slowly did they walk down the first mountain. It was very foggy out. They talked little, as they wanted every last breath since it could be their last. The mountain was very steep.

John was ahead of the rest. Once he started going down, he couldn't stop/ He rushed down the mountain. His feet moved rapidly, trying to avoid each boulder and rock. "Look," pointed Bill. "He's moving like the little German boys, down... uh, what mountain was that?"

Drake decided to humor Bill. "The Alps... hey, John, slow down!" John was now out of sight.

A crash was heard down the mountain. "Aaaah!" a shout echoed. If there was just a little more snow, an avalanche would have started. As it was, just enough snow rolled down to bury John.

"John?" Drake called. He moved steadily down the mountain, being very cautious still. His Elites came after him. Drake started hearing moaning. He moved faster. The fog was still thick. He saw John in a crevis, buried in snow, with his foot stuck under a rock. They all scurried down next to him. Drake moved his foot. "You twist your ankle?" John nodded weakly. "Damnit, John." Drake didn't sound angry, but more solemn and annoyed.

"I can walk," he said weakly. He sat up straight, and then stood up for a moment, then had to sit down. "Urrgh..." he grumbled. The other Elites got up, staring down at John.

"Way to go John," said Bill.

"He okay?" asked Samuel.

"Yeah, but you guys are going to need to help him down the mountain." Both of them nodded, but didn't look too pleased at John. They traveled, with John's arms around Samuel's and Bill's shoulders. He walked with his unharmed foot and that support.

Finally they rested at the bottom. "We'll camp here for the night," Drake said. They set up camp: One tent, and a fire. John slept in the tent and the rest on the ground with only blankets between them and the cold wet grass. Their minds drifted into much needed sleep.

Chapter 4

The Elites pressed onward. They were in a valley of frost. Everything seemed so calm and peaceful. A freezing, yet hardly noticable breeze kept the tired Elites awake. Drake thought of the valley as the 'eye of the storm'. They reached the other side. The next mountain chain.

Although it was at most 20 degrees out, the Airborne Elites were sweating. They stopped at the foot of the mountain, and stared up. "I hate climbing mountains," said Samuel. Everybody was still catching their breath, while figuring out how they would make it up. It was a steep cliff, much more so than the last one. John, who was being supported by Samuel, moved from his side and hopped one foot to lean against the cliff.

"Yeah, I like parachuting down them better," said Bill humorously. This was an impossibility, seeing as none of them had their parachutes. First time they dropped into Ticalla's Jungle from the back of a Gryphillin, the dense forest trees shredded them up. The only one's who was re-usable, they had to ditch because it was too heavy.

"Ready to go up?" asked Drake. Everybody turned to him looking worried.

"How the heck we going to scale this thing?" asked Bill. Drake Alexander aimed his metallic arm up the mountain. He pushed this button on the on the side and a rope shot up. Once it reached it couldn't go any higher the hook on the end seemed to grab firmly onto the cliff. Right above that there was a crevice in the mountain where they could all sit. The Elites watched it fly all the way up there. "That is freakin' cool," said Bill.

"Soulborg tech," said Drake in a pleasent tone. "John, come here." He motioned for John to come to him. He hopped over, and Drake held him up. "Ready?" he asked him.

"As ready as I'll ever be," John said, unsure of what to think.

"Hold on." John put his arms around Drake's shoulders. Drake pushed the button again. It seemed as though they leaped up from the ground. John screamed a bit half way up, then they stopped dangling from the cliff. "John, I need you to climb up to the crevice." He did so, off Drake Alexander's head. Then he pulled Drake up. They breathed heavily being high in altitude, then Drake lifted off the different compartments of his metallic arm. It was like part of an exo-skeleton. Then he detached the hook, and moved to the top. "Make sure that doesn't fall," Drake told John, who just nodded. He threw the arm part back down the mountain. "Watch out!" Drake screamed. "Now, both of you can come up!"

Bill and Samuel each grabbed onto the arm and rope. Samuel switched that switch on the side, and they rocketed up.

The hook was a little loose. It wabbled. "Keep it steady, keep it steady," he said to John who was now holding onto the rope incase the hook comes completely loose. The two made it to the top, and Drake helped them up onto the crevice. "That wasn't so bad?" said Drake sarcasticly.

"Let's do it again!" said Bill joyfully.

"Can we not?" said John.

"I think we're going to have to," said Drake looking up at the rest of the mountain.

"Well, let's get it over with." They used the grappling hook two more times, then they could climb the rest of the way. It took almost the whole day, but nobody could really tell. It was so foggy and they were so high up. When they finally reached the top, it started snowing. Then they were on their way down. They could walk down, if they were careful.

"No running ahead, this time," said Drake, looking at John who was still clinging onto Samuel. They made it down safely. And rested in their little tent, by a nice warm fire again. "Tomorrow we're getting away from these mountains."

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; January 5th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:51 PM

Chapter 5

The next morning was a rude awakening. With the mountains behind them, there was nothing to keep the freezing wind away. The Elites were still in their soldier uniforms, and there was only one blanket to go around. After their usual breakfast of cold bread, and moldy cheese they were on their way.

Ahead of them was the frigid snowland. Hopefully, they could find a cave to stay in or better yet a tunnel that could lead them to the otherside.

Drake seemed to be rushing the Elites. "Come on!" he called back to them. They trudged through the gusts of wind. Snow started to appear at their feet. The Elites were shivering.

Bill scampered up to Drake and asked in a low tone, "Wha-what if we-we d-don't find a c-c-cave?"

Drake stopped moment and replied, "We will." Then he moved on.

Samuel had been supporting John and his ankle since they left. "Your t-t-turn," he called out to Bill. John, who was looking down raised his head and hopped over to Bill. Bill took his arm and put it over his shoulder and continued forward. Samuel, now feeling left behind rushed up to all of them. All of them were tired and weak with hunger. They craved a nice juicy steak, which Bill fantasized in his head.

Once Samuel caught up, he stopped again and the others moved on. He looked around, as if he heard something. "Come to me." It seemed to echo in his head.

Then he spotted something, it looked like cave. There appeared to be a fire in it. He ran back up to Drake. "Look, look!" he pointed diagonally on his left side. Drake squinted into the cave's direction trying to make it out.

"It's a, it's a cave?" he said.

"Hur-hur-hurray," said Bill. There was a glimmering light coming from the cave, and the Elites wondered why they didn't see it before. "Who-who do you th-think is in there? Syv-Syvvaris, Dupuis, Samu-urai? Or just Dzu-Teh?" stampered Bill.

"I think you're getting ahead of yourself," said Drake. "Let's check it out."

They followed Drake towards the cave. He still couldn't believe he didn't spot that before. Perhaps, the fire was just made? He thought to himself. Teeth clattered as the walked. The snow was at least a foot deep now. The top of the cave was covered in snow, and sun seemed to have disappeared days ago. Clouds and fog filled the sky.

Finally, they reached the entrance. Drake peered in and saw a robed figure next to a small fire. The figure looked rather skinny, but tall. The robe was maroon colored, and looked baggy on the mysterious figure. The figures face was in shadow.

"Hello," said Drake as he walked into the cave, followed by the Elites. Drake noticed some sort of double sided spear on the cave wall. It looked familiar to him. The figure arose, and turned towards them. Its face was still mostly covered by the robe.

"Hello, humans," said the figure. It's voice was slurred, and it was surely a man's voice. It raised it's right hand. You still couldn't see anypart of it's body, but you could tell it was holding something out under the robe. "I knew you would come." Drake and the Elites stood still, expecting the figure to reveal himself.

"I am Drake Alexander, and these are my soldiers and friends." Bill leaned John onto Samuel, who looked rather annoyed at him. Bill moved forward, wanting to see the figure.

"I know who you are," said the masked man. "I've been waiting here for you to arrive. Now it is your time, to die!" A shot was hurt, and a handgun revealed from underneath the figure's arm. Drake was too late to draw his mighty sword of Thorian. Bill fell backwards, realizing that it was him who was shot. The pain rushed to him.

Another shot, ching! That one was aimed at Drake, but the bullet bounced off the sword. "Rah!" Drake ran forward and knocked the gun out of the man's hand with his sword. It fell to the hard ground, and broke. The man stepped back, and the robe's hood slid off. It revealed not a man, but a slimy Marro.

The rest of it's robe slid off, and the Marro reached for the spear. The clang of Drake's sword and the Marro's spear echoed throughout the cave. Meanwhile, John tended to Bill. Samuel walked towards the battle, looking angry.

The Marro and Drake slashed and swung, with no outcome. In the background Bill's coughs sounded gross. He spewed up blood. He was shot in the neck, and his hands clenched around the wound, trying to breath for dear life. "It's okay, it's okay," said John frantically, trying to calm Bill down. He knew it wasn't. John searched through their pack, but found no morphine.

The Marro backed away for a second and leaped over the fire behind him, and swung his spear around and around like a baton twirler. "You will die," said the Marro.

"SHUT UP!" shouted Samuel, enraged. "You Marro are worse then those damn Krauts!" He rushed forward and took his pack off his back and swung it around as the Marro jabbed his spear at it. Then Samuel knocked the spear down and slammed the Marro's head with the backpack. He hit the Marro repeatedly. Finally the slime got away, out of reach. Drake and Samuel had him trapped against the wall.

Drake on the left, Elite on the right, and fire in the middle. The Marro looked displeased. He tried to jump over the fire, but Samuel smacked him down and he landed into it. The Marro got up now on fire and burning. Flames erupted onto his head and down his back. "AAAAAHHH!!!!" Marro are extremely flameable. It pushed Samuel over running into the back of the dark cave screaming. Soon the glowing light from the burning Marro vanished.

Samuel was going to chase it, but Drake held him back. Bill ceased coughing, and Drake looked at John lieing next to him. "He's... gone," said John grimly.

"Damnit," said Samuel. He threw the pack on the ground angrly. "We've got to destroy all those Marro," said Samuel. Drake just looked at Bill's body solemnly. "LOOK what they've done!!" shouted Samuel.

That night, they buried Bill in the snow and said their goodbyes. Though he was often annoying, they'd all miss him. "He was a good soldier, a good caring man even if he didn't show it," said Drake. Samuel laid down his hat over the spot they buried him. As they went back into the cave, Drake muttered more to himself "Two down.". He remembered the other Elite they'd lost years ago...

They took turns keeping watch while the others slept, just incase that Marro showed up again. They hoped he was dead. It was Drake's turn. As Drake threw some of Bill's old clothes onto the fire, he stared sadly into the dark emptieness of the cave.

Chapter 6

The events of the day before seemed like a nightmare: freezing cold, death of a friend, and fearing Marro even more. Now they now that Marro can survive in the frigid tundra. This means that it's only a matter of time before they spread to the northern lands, eventually crossing over to the other half of the world.

Drake fell asleep while on guard duty, but woke up before the Elites. What they don't know can't hurt them. His eyes blinked slowly, still gazing into the darkness. His thoughts dwell on Ga-Ne-Vu, how did he know where they had been? Then his mind drifted to their recent journey, finally to Bill and his body lieing just outside their cave.

"The boy's probably frozen by now," thought Drake. He didn't want to think anymore about it. He got up, seeing the fire behind him. Somehow he thought it had died down, even though he knew it was there. Drake turned away from it and its gaze. Samuel and John stirred. Drake aroused them.

They stretched and yawned. John waking almost instantly. He sat up in his sleeping bag (no need for tent in the cave). He looked pleased for a second then remembered what had happened the day before. He spoke like a kid asking his dad,
"Did that Marro come back?"

Drake stood over him with grief it seemed. "No," he answered as if he wanted it not to be true. He wanted to slay the abomination himself. "We should get going." He stared out into the snow. It was flurrying now, and the sun was barely visible. Feet of snow as far as the eye good see. The world actually looked beautiful. John stood up, as best he could, leaning against the side of the cave. He yawned once more. Drake turned to him, "It getting better?" he asked, referring to his ankle.

"Yeah. Hopefully it'll feel perfect tomorrow," he answered. The word perfect echoed in Drake's mind. How could anything every be perfect?

Samuel got up, eyes still closed. He seemed half-asleep. When he opened them Drake and John were ready to go. Samuel leaped to his feet, and they were on their way.

Down the cave, their seemed to be nothing. Drake had made some sort of a torch from the fire, but it wouldn't last long. Rocks and boulders lined the walls.

About 30 minutes later, there was a faint moaning sound. They pressed forward, curious of what lies ahead. The voice sounded in pain. Not far up ahead, they saw the Marro. Now it was curled against the side of the cave. It was frail looking, and most notably, it was burnt. Blackened from the fire, it moaned. The Marro was unaware of the human's presence. It's breathing was fast, as if it's lungs were dried up. Drake and the Elites watched in disgust, as the Marro slowly died from it's burns.

Once it stopped breathing, John said, "Dumb idiot, coulda' just ran into the snow..." Drake nor Samuel had a reply. They thought that what John just said, would have been something Bill would've. It was a painful memory, yet they couldn't let emotions hold them back. They moved on.

Soon the torch died out. Drake threw it aside. They traveled in darkness, and in silence. All of them were too sad to say anything. Samuel may have weeped a little in the darkness. He stumpled twice on small rocks in the cave. Suddenly, there was light! They all looked up and saw it. It looked like they were staring at the sun directly. Samuel ran forward, John limping behind, and Drake jogging slowly. They could see snow. It was everywhere, coming from the sky and all over the ground. Best of all was that the sun shone through the clouds.

Samuel stopped once he reached the entrance. He saw two large figures coming forward. They looked larger than Marro, much larger. The sun casted a shadow over the figures, keeping them in darkness. Samuel backed away, while Drake and John caught up. They all stared in fright...

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; January 27th, 2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

This is pretty frickin' awesome!! you should have a hermit-like Azuk who lives in the middle of the jungle or the volcarren wasteland!!!

..... Or maybe he is already dead!!!

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Background: Kyrie Advancements in Science and Philosophy

The Kyrie have always been an advanced people, and their believes are the same way. Way back when, the first Kyrie to call themselves monarchs had named themselves Gods. Kings such as Odin and Thor lived in peace, claiming they visited other planets which they easily outwitted. Creatures such as Giants, Elves, and Humans were among those who the kings said they tricked into believing they were Gods, with almighty powers. Yet their power really lied in the magical water of the wellsprings all along. They didn't realize it at the time what they used, but they used it all the same to warp time and space, and travel to various times and places.

Forward to the time of the generals: Utgar, Jandar, Einar, Ullar. They and most others of the time learned the truth. The old kings' powers were all to real. The generals gained the wellspring's power, and began using them to summon warriors to fight for them. Cowards I think of them. Taking away the freedom of others for them to fight in some childish war?

The smartest general of them all, Vydar used the power and "discovered" gunpowder. He was credited with bringing firearms into the Kyrie's weaponry, even though it was probably those who he summoned that created the weapon. At that time, Kyrie were still getting use to guns and many still resorted to swords, spears, and arrows because there was very little gunpowder in Valhalla. Vydar possessed most of it.

As far what Kyrie believed, they believed the truth! They laughed at those that believed they would live after they died or would go to a Hell or Heaven. They knew, they knew there was nothing but the here and now. You live to live, and you die because you must. There is no God, only imagination and lies. The only way to live on forever is to be remembered forever. Kyrie like Odin and Jandar have done that. They knew the truth...

--------------------------------

Thanks CoD, I will have Chapters 6-8 in my last post. Please enjoy the read!

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Man! I fell behind on the first part to this story, but this is great!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Shermif knows what's in an order marker Shermif knows what's in an order marker

This is very good. I haven't read your original story because I am basically new to the site and the length was intimidating, but I'll try to keep up with this one.
The plot is already compelling! Thanks for the effort you have obviously put into this.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

I like the back story!!!! oh, and I completely agree with Dagmar- valkyrie are big wussy cowards.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM

Chapter 7

The dark figures came closer. Drake noticed one was holding a club. Then they left the sun's light, and their appearence was revealed: Two Dzu-Teh. They walked forward to the humans as they backed away.

Drake stopped moving, but the Dzu-Teh came over him. They were at least 7 feet tall, and very wide. One was slightly ahead of the other, and it seemed to be larger. It looked past Drake, and saw the other Elites still backing away very slowly.

Drake said, "Hello, Dzu-Teh. I am Drake Alexander, do you remember me?" Drake knew he had encountered, and befriended Dzu-Teh many times in the past but didn't know if he knew these two. He hoped they did.

The Dzu-Teh in the front stared down at him, and the other one began to "speak" in their own language. It sounded like a bunch of grunts and odd noises strung together. The Dzu-Teh were smart enough to understand most languages, but they couldn't talk back in that language. Their vocal cords prevented that.

Finally, after minutes of grunting the Dzu-Teh seemed to make up their minds. The one in front shaked his head lazily, as if he barely understood. What he did understand, was that this human was no Marro so they might aswell lead them to the Elves? Maybe they know who these humans are...

Background: Dzu-Teh

The Dzu-Teh of Valhalla are powerfully creatures. They are often called "the men of the mountain" by Kyrie. Ruthless animals, yet smart and wise. They live in groups, hunting and gathering (much like those of Earth's past). For most of Valhalla's history, not much was known about these beasts. Now the place they live is used as a barrier between both sides of Valhalla.

If you ever get on one's bad side, back away from any mountains or glaciers! These Dzu-Teh are experts at jumping and climbing over them, and they can do this faster than they walk thanks to powerful arms. All other camoflauge is outclassed in the frozen tundra. Their white coat blends in perfectly with the glaciers and snow that surrounds them. The weapon of choice for these abominable snowmen is a simple rock club. With it they can reach more than 5 feet, able to knock any creature to the ground.

Later on in the years of Valhalla, the Dzu-Teh finally found a Kyrie of whom they could trust: Jandar the bold. He befriended the fuzzy monsters, even spent a month living and learning from them. They formed an alliance, and eventually helped fight Utgar.

Chapter 8

The Dzu-Teh led the way, followed by Drake, Samuel, and John. They led them out of the cave and through another one. Out the other end, the sun was so bright Drake had to sheild his eyes. He was surprised the snow hadn't melted, instead of still being at least a foot deep. They were able to walk on top of it.

A greenish figure was in the distance. An Elf Drake wondered? It was lying against the side of a cave. As they approached it, Drake realized it was an Elf, Syvarris in fact!

The Dzu-Teh stopped in front of him, grunted and moved aside.
"Drake Alexander?" said Syvarris with a strange Elvish accent. The most relatable voice would be from a European.

"That is me," said Drake, stepping forward. He held out a hand and Syvarris shook it lightly.

"What are you 's doing here?" Syvarris asked. "Have you completed your mission so soon?"

"The Dzu-Teh led us here, and the mid-swamp Hive has been destroyed." Drake didn't tell the whole story, and didn't plan to. "Is anyone else inside?" Drake peered inside the cave beside them.

"Yes, but only Emirroon. Sonlen wanted to come, but his dragon wouldn't survive long up here. The rest have left on their own quest. Left me sittin' here."

"I see," said Drake understaning. Syvarris looked curious, as to why exactly they wanted to come back. Drake answered his face, "I've come back because I want to cross the other side, to go to the Forbidden Lands."

Syvarris looked rather shocked. "What do you wish to accomplish there?" he asked in response.

"To ask for their help, you know we can't win against the Marro alone." Syvarris nodded in agreement to that.

"Why would they help us? They will kill any intruders, you know that."

"It may be our only hope. No Marro will join us. For every Hive we destroy, three more are build." Syvarris just nodded again.

They stayed for about an hour: Gathered supplies, discussed the plan with Emirroon, and they left, Syvarris included, with the Dzu-Teh leading them. Now they had more food, water, blankets, etc.

Over mountains, under mountains, and through mounds of snow they went onward. The sun didn't set, yet they knew it was time to sleep. Now miles into the tundra, they set up camp again. It wasn't as cold as Drake remembered, yet cold it was. They had three tents, and the Dzu-Teh guide slept outside and so did Syvarris. He said he needn't no luxory. Although it was still fairly bright out, they slept well into the "night".

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; February 20th, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Chapter 9

"There it is!" shouted John. He was pointing to a river in the distance. Across it the snow was melting. Marshlands as far as the eye could see, up to the hill. Their first task was to get across the river.

Soon the rest of the gang caught up. As soon as the Dzu-Teh saw the grass and the melted snow they instantly turned away and ran back. Samuel was about to shout "Where ya' going?" but Syvarris grabbed his shoulder and held him back. He knew the Dzu-Teh hated warmer climates.

John still stared at the scenery. It looked rather beautiful in an ominous way. Drake walked over to the river and reached his hand in but quickly pulled it out. It was freezing cold from the recently melted snow. He turned back shaking off his hand.

"We can't wade through it. We are going to need some sort of raft."

He looked around thinking of ideas. "Didn't we bring something to get across?"

"I guess we didn't think that far ahead."

Meanwhile, Syvarris was deep in thought. The river was only about 30 feet wide at its narrowest point, and it wasn't rapid fast moving at all. However there was a waterfall not very far away. They had to be careful.

He looked around for a tree on the other side. All he saw was a thin, short one. After contemplating some more, he finally says, "Drake, please hand me your grapple." Drake didn't question. He unclipped it and tossed it to Syvarris.

Now Syvarris looked around at it for the trigger. He found it in the hand area. He aimed at the low tree and shot. Perfect aim. It hooked right around it but it wasn't very strong at all. Also, it was only about 3 feet above the water ground.

"Cool."

Drake walked over to Syvarris staring at the line. "Now put it on Drake." He did so.

"Now this may be difficult. Keep the rope as taut as possible. I'm going across."

Syvarris walked over to the river and grabbed onto the thin rope-like metal. He leaped onto it. Trying to keep his balance he started walking across the thin rope. With balance only an Elf possesses, he made it across no problem. Then he turned back to Drake and called out, "Now send the Elites!"

Drake, still holding the rope as tight as possible, "You heard him, John go first."

"Yes, one at a time!"

Slowly John made his way onto the rope. He couldn't keep his balance very long. Soon he grabbed onto the rope and hunged it for dear life. His body turned over until he was under the rope, still holding on with his hands and feet. This made the rope wiggle. "The branch!"

Syvarris called this out just as the tree gave. He grabbed the rope just in time, with John only nicking the top of the river. The roar from the waterfall seemed to become apparent. Syvarris was not as strong as Drake and had trouble keeping the rope straight.

"MOVE JOHN!!"

Slowly, he creeped his way along the rope like an inch worm. He was about half way across when he froze again. "Hurry John!"

"I can't hold this much longer!"

John was scared out of his wits. He glanced down over at the waterfall. He couldn't see how deep it was from his angle. "Oh God."

His strength was diminishing. In a sudden motion, he released his hands and legs. John fell about 5 feet under the water and continued with the current. The water was so cold, it wouldn't be long before he froze to death. In his eyes he could only see the sun gazing down as he gasped for breath. His back had hit some rocks, and his legs scraped along the sandy floor.

The roar of the waterfall was nearer. He went headfirst over...

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; March 30th, 2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 12:08 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yikes! Falling off of a waterfall really ruins your day!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM

Woah...... poor John...... but, you know, he was an idiot for letting go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction