Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 1st, 2017, 12:19 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Dazzler & Jessica Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Yeah, I haven't watched the show since it first came out, but I'll probably try and catch up before Season 2 hits.
What?!?!?

What?!?!?

I... I... I'm at a loss for words.

It is by far the best of the Netflix Marvel shows. Of course I've fallen behind and just started Iron Fist last night.
^ This man clearly knows. I liked Daredevil Season 1, and I liked The Punisher, but Jessica Jones is the best yet.

And, Matt, (bless your heart), Jessica Jones is even better than Iron Fist.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 1st, 2017, 01:05 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just finished Iron Fist a few weeks ago and I'm one episode into Defenders...Jessica Jones was the best. I seemed to have liked Iron Fist more than most people but I agree it wasn't up to Daredevil season 1, Jessica Jones or the first half of Luke Cage.

I'd rank them
Jessica Jones
DD1
Luke Cage first half
DD2
Iron Fist
Luke Cage second half

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 1st, 2017, 08:29 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That’s a good order. I agree about Iron Fist. You’re in for a treat with The Punisher.

= =
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:32 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Sorry, I meant I hadn't re-watched Jessica Jones since it first came out. I binge-watched it upon release like the Marvel Zombie that I am.

My rankings of the Marvel Netflix shows:

1) Punisher
2) Daredevil 1.0/Jessica Jones
3) Daredevil 2.0
4) Defenders/Luke Cage (Luke Cage would've been higher than Defenders but japes is right about the difference between the first half and the second half)
5) 50 feet of crap
6) Iron Fist
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Sorry, I meant I hadn't re-watched Jessica Jones since it first came out. I binge-watched it upon release like the Marvel Zombie that I am.

My rankings of the Marvel Netflix shows:

1) Punisher
2) Daredevil 1.0/Jessica Jones
3) Daredevil 2.0
4) Defenders/Luke Cage (Luke Cage would've been higher than Defenders but japes is right about the difference between the first half and the second half)
5) 50 feet of crap
6) Iron Fist
Haven't seen Punisher yet but excited to see it that high...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 1st, 2017, 10:48 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Well, part of it may be that I just watched it recently, so it may eventually settle into a tie for first place with the others, but I love that this version of Frank Castle is the most human, relatable and fleshed out version of the character I've ever seen. It's actually a big departure from the relentless, coldly efficient killing machine version in the Garth Ennis MAX comics (which I also love). I think it's also the most adult and mature of these shows, and I don't mean in terms of sex and violence, although it has more of those as well.
Old December 1st, 2017, 11:30 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I haven't seen Punisher yet but I did enjoy what they did with him in DD2. Once his storyline played out and it is was all about the Hand, I thought that season dropped worse than the second half of Cage. I would rank what I have seen like this:

1. Jessica Jones
2. Jessica Jones a second time
3. Luke Cage 1st half
4. DD2 1st half
5. Jessica Jones a third time
4. Luke Cage 2nd half
5. DD1
6. DD2 2nd half

I am not in love with the DD shows the way everyone else is. Between Karen and Foggy, I don't know which character annoys me more. They are both so whiney. And even though I'm probably going to get killed for this, I can't take all of Matt's whispering. For a guy who's blind, he should have more compassion for an old man like me who is going deaf (Just 10 minutes ago my wife and son were getting mad at me because they had to repeat themselves three times... I really couldn't make out what they were saying. I think the years of metal on my walkman are finally catching up to me).

Did I mention that I think Jessica Jones was the best one of them all?
Old December 1st, 2017, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
walkman
Now you're just trying to sound like an old fogey.

Old December 2nd, 2017, 12:51 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Heh. My full order is similar to yours. I put some comments about pros and cons in spoilers, and the rows of dashes indicate where I think there's a significant change. So 2 & 3 are very close, but the gaps indicated with dashes are bigger.

1. Jessica Jones
Spoiler Alert!

-----
2. Daredevil Season 1
Spoiler Alert!

3. The Punisher
Spoiler Alert!

-----
4. Daredevil 2
Spoiler Alert!

-----
5. Luke Cage
Spoiler Alert!

-----
6. Iron Fist
Spoiler Alert!

-----
7. The Defenders
Spoiler Alert!

I enjoyed all of them, including The Defenders, but that's the order. As I see it.

On a related note, here is how I order the casting of the title characters:
1. Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones
2. Jon Bernthal as The Punisher
3. Mike Colter as Luke Cage
-----
4. Charlie Cox as Daredevil
-----
5. Finn Jones as Iron Fist

I think you could put those top three in any order. It's a 3-way tie at the top. And they could all be fine, too. I could totally be persuaded about Iron Fist in coming seasons. It's all good.

= =
Old December 11th, 2017, 10:56 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Marvel customs - Deadpool & Cable

My prize at this year's Islandscape was a set of Heroclix that included a couple of characters who I never had minis for, so I was glad to snatch the set up and work on customs for them:

I haven't read very many comics with these two, but I liked the Deadpool movie a lot and am looking forward to the sequel, which is supposed to introduce Cable. My favorite part of making these was the chance to use a photo of the Marvel warehouse and some Heroscape hexes in Deadpool's card as a nod to the idea that Deadpool is fully aware that he's a plastic figure in a miniatures game.
Old December 11th, 2017, 11:42 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Even though I'm not a Deadpool fan, I enjoyed play testing the character, and liked how he worked. He helped my team take down Nilfheim the dragon too! Sherm continues to find new and thematic slots for his unique characters.
Old December 12th, 2017, 12:56 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:

My favorite part of making these was the chance to use a photo of the Marvel warehouse and some Heroscape hexes in Deadpool's card as a nod to the idea that Deadpool is fully aware that he's a plastic figure in a miniatures game.
This quote here completes the greatness...hilarious and completely Deadpool.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations