Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old July 10th, 2016, 11:56 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Pokemon Go!

Just found out yesterday that this free app was released. I think I'm already addicted. It's a really cool social/geocache game where you chuck pokeballs to catch the monsters and battle at gyms, but it uses google maps/gps and draws the pokemon world around you on your phone.

Anyone else have thoughts? It's free on iOS and android, try it!
Old July 11th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Pokemon Go!

Just be aware of your surroundings.
Quote:
Missouri teen robbers 'lured' victims to secluded areas using new 'augmented reality' Pokemon Go game that has brought thousands players wandering outdoors while glued to their phones

Missouri teens were arrested for alleged robberies using Pokemon Go
The game has already been blamed for injuries and distracted users
Released earlier this month, the app has become wildly popular
Pokemon Go 'augments reality' and Pokemon are caught 'in the real world'
One aspect of game is a 'lure' which causes Pokemon to frequently appear
Police believe the teen suspects used this element to bait their victims

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 11th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've poured a few hours into it over the weekend. A CR ~500 Gengar is my current best.

My favorite part of Pokemon has always been the catching, so I'm pretty pleased overall.
Old July 11th, 2016, 08:20 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Just be aware of your surroundings.
Quote:
Missouri teen robbers 'lured' victims to secluded areas using new 'augmented reality' Pokemon Go game that has brought thousands players wandering outdoors while glued to their phones

Missouri teens were arrested for alleged robberies using Pokemon Go
The game has already been blamed for injuries and distracted users
Released earlier this month, the app has become wildly popular
Pokemon Go 'augments reality' and Pokemon are caught 'in the real world'
One aspect of game is a 'lure' which causes Pokemon to frequently appear
Police believe the teen suspects used this element to bait their victims
I read about this, very sad. Told my wife about it as well. There really are some stops that are in some really creepy back alleys and such, I already felt like I was going to be mugged a few times. I've also heard from my friends that a guy threw his phone and busted it (thinking that's how you throw the ball,) and another person thought you had to sit on your phone to incubate your eggs. Silly people!

My wife and I went for a walk around Lockport, and wow so many of the gyms have CP 750+ pokemon guarding them. How can we beat that!?!? I have a pidgeot CP 550... nothing else can even compare. I've seen one ghastly and jumped all over it to catch it. I'd love a Gengar.
Old July 11th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Try to make one big guy instead of spreading around your evolutions and powerups. I'm talking so big it says your trainer level isn't high enough togo higher. Like I'm just level 11 but I have a 950ish CP Flareon that I can use to take gyms.

My town has a lot of Eevees and Pidgeys, so most gyms are kept by Vaporeon, Flareon, and Pidgeot. You can try and counter common gym Pokemon by levelling what beats them but I don't know how easy that is
Old July 11th, 2016, 09:31 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Really a big fan of the game. I live in a pretty population dense area with a lot of college students. They've taken to the game hardcore. Gyms are strong here and they roll in packs. I have no problem taking the gyms with my team (all 900+CP), but with no Blue support around, they're lost in hours. It's a lot of fun, and I enjoy the active aspects, but I can see may players quitting if they feel overwhelmed in their areas.
Old July 11th, 2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
Really a big fan of the game. I live in a pretty population dense area with a lot of college students. They've taken to the game hardcore. Gyms are strong here and they roll in packs. I have no problem taking the gyms with my team (all 900+CP), but with no Blue support around, they're lost in hours. It's a lot of fun, and I enjoy the active aspects, but I can see may players quitting if they feel overwhelmed in their areas.
Oh same here, there are no gyms in my immediate area; I need to drive minimum 9-10 mins. So I've decided that I will go on "gym runs" where I'll intentionally seek 2-3 close gyms in a short time (10-20 mins) and when I cap them, I'll just collect my defender bonus. I've yet to hold a gym for the 21 hours for it to refresh. When the reward is done cooling off, I'll do it all again when it is convenient (which so far has been most mornings/afternoons before I go into work.) It seems to work best as a "hit and run."

I've seen 2 gyms with pokes at 1100+ cp today. I have a feeling I am going to fall way behind and become unmotivated, only just scraping mid 700 cp with a flareon and 600 with pidgeot today. Ugh. I think my wife might be doing better than me because the office she works at seems to be a goldmine for pokemon go, and she's not even a gamer!
Old July 11th, 2016, 09:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I've been surprised at how much I've liked this game. I played Pokemon some when I was a kid, but nothing like most people who've done it that I've known.

The really surprising part is that my wife has gotten into it, and she's not a video gamer *at all*.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 11th, 2016, 11:52 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's Fun

I enjoy it. Catching the Pokes, giving them pun names, and whatnot. It's a fun game.

~Dysole, who doesn't have too many great Pokemon but she also hasn't devoted as many hours as she could have
Old July 12th, 2016, 03:47 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I enjoyed pokemon red and Stadium back in the day. Then hated every rehash of the game until yesterday.

The bad thing is that there will be loads of wild basement dwellers around the streets now!
Old July 12th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

A lot of people were disappointed that the combat wasn't a Pokemon reskin (with like the four moves and turn based combat) but I think the new one is fun. It's not supposed to be a vital part of the game, just one way to play. I also like that it is way easier to take gyms than it is to hold them, makes it so players who are ahead can't beat up new guys forever.

This game is exhausting though. Walked three miles before work yesterday, then another two after, and another six this morning. Gotta catch 'em all I guess
Old July 12th, 2016, 04:40 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
A lot of people were disappointed that the combat wasn't a Pokemon reskin (with like the four moves and turn based combat) but I think the new one is fun. It's not supposed to be a vital part of the game, just one way to play. I also like that it is way easier to take gyms than it is to hold them, makes it so players who are ahead can't beat up new guys forever.

This game is exhausting though. Walked three miles before work yesterday, then another two after, and another six this morning. Gotta catch 'em all I guess
That's one thing I need to keep reminding my friends. Taking a gym is cake. Holding it is near impossible right now. Go to a gym dense area, take like 3-4, then cash in for your reward. Repeat the next day. Without a pack of 3-4 people giving you support, it will be lost in a few hours.

I love the promise of bi-weekly updates for the game to bring new features. I would expect trainer vs trainer battles to come very quickly. Gotta be hot on the wishlist.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games