Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 25th, 2013, 05:11 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker
Re: Into the Sands- BC's Battlefields New 3/24!

I like the aesthetic of Into The Sands, it seems simplistic but elegant with the channel of sand. I don't really know HoSS, so I don't know if plays much differently than regular HS, so maybe this doesn't matter; but there is nothing to really draw you into the centre, and melee may have a hard time if they swing one way, and then need to cross the sands.

Command bridge also has a simple concept and pulls it off well. Depending on how you want the scenario to play and how simple you want to be with the build requirements, you could fill the voids with another tile, and make it part of the scenario that stepping on those tiles is instant death; shadow would be best but really cranks the build requirements.
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
I like the aesthetic of Into The Sands, it seems simplistic but elegant with the channel of sand. I don't really know HoSS, so I don't know if plays much differently than regular HS, so maybe this doesn't matter; but there is nothing to really draw you into the centre, and melee may have a hard time if they swing one way, and then need to cross the sands.
I think I agree with this. Removing the glyphs and placing them in the sand adjacent to height would be nice.

Also, HoSS plays just like Classic. We do have symbols, but these will in no way reshape the Classic game. They can easily be integrated. Also, range/move averages are the same - 5 Move/6-7 Range.
Old March 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wasn't sure I liked the water at either end but the more I look at it the more I like the idea behind.

At first I thought the sand would be a nightmare for melee (and if played incorrectly - it would be) but the channel of sand through the map really forces the initial figure placement to be critical.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 25th, 2013 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Which probably means I'd lose...but whatcha gonna do.
Old March 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for all the feedback !

I'm not sure entirely what I was thinking with the glyphs up there . I'll make an updated version with them in the sand to hopefully draw more attention to that are of the map later today .

Also, with Command Bridge, I was really aiming for low build requirements to still achieve a somewhat Deathstarry feel. While the shadows would add a nice aesthetic to it, I really don't want to use a BftU just for that purpose. With the current sets I'm using, the only thing I have to put there are the FotA bases, and I'm not too keen on the aesthetic of those .

Last edited by Black_Charos; March 25th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Yavin Skies (Version 2)
Takes 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 2 RttFF

Download PDf

Made the start zones even (12 on each side of the river), and added treasure glyphs next to the hills, as well as other aesthetic changes.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM
Titleless

Into the Sands (Version 2)
Takes 1 RotV, 1 SotM

Download PDf

Added the glyph of Thorian to "shorten" the map and draw figures to the center, as well as wound and initiative to the sides. Thorian is meant to simulate a sandstorm or the like.

Improved?
Old July 1st, 2014, 07:07 PM
Titleless

Re: '14 REVIVAL- BC's Battlefields New 7/1, Feedback Wanted!

It's been quite a while since I last uploaded a map, but I've had more time to get back into it this summer. Here's the map I'm currently working on, any feedback, comments, even a simple whether you like it or not would be much appreciated! I've been working on this one for about two weeks now, hope you like it (and if not, tell me why! ).

Midnight Frost
SotM, TJ, Tundra -- Glyphs of Brandar are T-Glyphs, on the sides I recommend attack and wound, or attack and move.

PDf Download
Old December 11th, 2016, 01:52 AM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Built Midnight Frost tonight as my first map with Jungle! There's a couple of things build-wise I would change:

1) Not a big deal but you could swap to 3-hex sand under the 24-hex with the 2- and 1-hex sands in the start zone to make it even on both sides. (This is obviously my OCD kicking in)

2) With the 3- and 1- hex Glaciers, I would put the 1-hex Glacier near the glyph and turn the 3-hex Glacier with the 7 height part turned to the opposite side. This does block LoS a lot more efficiently.

3) You could state somewhere that you used the Hive base for some swamp water. I came up 4 swamp waters short and thought I miscounted my 34 hexes to begin with.

Other than that the build is great and I love the look of the map!

I'm looking to run Charos, GWs x2, and Brandis vs. Mimring, Swog Riders x3, and Arrow Gruts x5 tomorrow.

EDIT: Link to pictured battle report:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...YwlC1vim1yCwRg

Last edited by Sheep; December 11th, 2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old March 31st, 2020, 12:20 AM

I came here within the last couple weeks or so to look at Convolution and saw that the pdf link was broken so using the picture I rebuilt it in VS. This is one of my favorite maps so I wanted to keep it alive. <3

Convolution by Black_Charos
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF (could be two FotAs as well)

Of course, if you haven't played it... DO SO!
Old March 31st, 2020, 01:07 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This is one of my favorites as well! Thanks for doing this!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios