Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 18th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Master Splinter - ON HOLD

I suggest running some quick tests with your version and the suggested tweaks and see how they go. Hard results will serve your cause better than discussion at this point.

If possible try to simulate the first test in the second, so the main difference is Splinter and not dice rolls. Not sure if that is workable but just trying to limit randomness in comparison.

Good luck. I know how hard it is to meet resistance on a passion project.
Try to stay open minded (like Splinter) and support your position with tests results.
Old March 18th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I suggest running some quick tests with your version and the suggested tweaks and see how they go. Hard results will serve your cause better than discussion at this point.

If possible try to simulate the first test in the second, so the main difference is Splinter and not dice rolls. Not sure if that is workable but just trying to limit randomness in comparison.

Try to stay open minded (like Splinter) and support your position with tests results.
That's a good idea - I was already going to re-test the version we decide on, it's a good idea to try the different ideas in a test each.
Don't think I can really simulate the actions and die rolls precisely, but I will be re-running the same armies on the same maps, so there's that.
Loving the random Splinter quotes.

I think I'll run this test:

Map: Sewer Labyrinth (Because I had to...) (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Master Splinter (230), Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (930 points)
vs.
Shredder, Kirigi, Ubu, Foot Clan Ninja, 3x Hand Ninja (940 points)

With these two versions of Splinter:

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

TEACHINGS OF THE RAT

After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Master Splinter or a Ninja Turtle you control within clear sight of Master Splinter, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll. Splinter cannot modify another roll for that figure this round.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Once per round, when either an Order Marker is removed from the card of a Ninja Turtle you control or when a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if they roll more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound.

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

TEACHINGS OF THE RAT

After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for a Ninja Turtle you control within clear sight of Master Splinter, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll. Splinter cannot modify another roll for that figure this round.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Each time a Ninja Turtle you control takes 1 or more wounds, but is not destroyed, you may immedietly move Splinter up to 5 spaces. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card, and for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, or when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if they roll more skulls than shields and Master Splinter is not destroyed, that figure receives a wound.

Not sure when I'll be able to run these, but hopefully sometime next week.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; March 20th, 2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Turtles have this thing called a Turtle shell, which was used historically by ancient human cultures as a shield, and which has protected the turtle itself from countless predators. Their 6 defense is not only representative of their ninja skills, but their natural armor. Splinter really should only have a defense of 5, but he is getting a base 6 defense due to his exceptional skill and focus. Adding another auto shield on top of that is giving him a defense on par with Superman, but he is no man of steel.
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Turtles have this thing called a Turtle shell, which was used historically by ancient human cultures as a shield, and which has protected the turtle itself from countless predators. Their 6 defense is not only representative of their ninja skills, but their natural armor. Splinter really should only have a defense of 5, but he is getting a base 6 defense due to his exceptional skill and focus. Adding another auto shield on top of that is giving him a defense on par with Superman, but he is no man of steel.
Yes, I'm aware of their shell, but it still feels like they're going to be too comparatively strong next to Splinter if they're getting this bonus and he isn't. 6 Defence is, IMO, right for Splinter - what he lacks in armour he makes up for in his uncredible skill and reflexes. You say adding an auto-shield on top of that makes him on par with Superman - but even if he does get that, it's only one per round, and then if he elects not to get an auto-skull on offence, far from 'an auto-shield on top of that'. And finally, if he's going to be able to step in when a Turtle's killed, that little extra surviveability is, IMO, needed to prevent him from being picked off before he can, if the enemy knows he's going to be a threat once a Turtle's killed.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

That's a good idea - I was already going to re-test the version we decide on, it's a good idea to try the different ideas in a test each.
Don't think I can really simulate the actions and die rolls precisely, but I will be re-running the same armies on the same maps, so there's that.
Loving the random Splinter quotes.

I think I'll run this test:

Armies;
vs.

With these two versions of Splinter:

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

TEACHINGS OF THE RAT

After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for Master Splinter or a Ninja Turtle you control within clear sight of Master Splinter, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll. Splinter cannot modify another roll for that figure this round.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Once per round, when either an Order Marker is removed from the card of a Ninja Turtle you control or when a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. For the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

TEACHINGS OF THE RAT

After any attack dice, defense dice, or the 20-sided die is rolled for a Ninja Turtle you control within clear sight of Master Splinter, you may add or subtract a skull, shield, or 4 from that roll. Splinter cannot modify another roll for that figure this round.

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Each time a Ninja Turtle you control takes 1 or more wounds, but is not destroyed, you may immedietly move Splinter up to 5 spaces. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. For the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

Not sure when I'll be able to run these, but hopefully sometime next week.
Before I do so, I'll call in the mandatory sanity check. @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer , any issues with either of these?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:09 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Both options still have some pretty word-salady powers, so I'm going to have to take a bit to look through them.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 20th, 2018, 02:55 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

What part triggers the "For the rest of the round" portion of Father's Devotion? Because since it is a separate sentence, it could be interpreted to mean that if any one of the previous sentences in the power occurs, then Splinter gets the extra attack.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 20th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
What part triggers the "For the rest of the round" portion of Father's Devotion? Because since it is a separate sentence, it could be interpreted to mean that if any one of the previous sentences in the power occurs, then Splinter gets the extra attack.
That's a good point, I didn't think of that. It's meant to be 'if a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, for the rest of the round', which is how I've been playing it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 20th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, I've run tests with the two versions.

Version 1 Test 1
MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

TEACHINGS OF THE RAT

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Once per round, when either an Order Marker is removed from the card of a Ninja Turtle you control or when a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

Armies;
vs.
Spoiler Alert!

Version 2 Test 2
MASTER SPLINTER

RODENT
UNIQUE HERO
SENSEI
WISE
MEDIUM 4

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENCE 6

230 Points?

TEACHINGS OF THE RAT

FATHER'S DEVOTION

Figures engaged with Master Splinter cannot attack a wounded Ninja Turtle you control. Each time a Ninja Turtle you control takes 1 or more wounds, but is not destroyed, you may immedietly move Splinter up to 5 spaces. When a Ninja Turtle you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from that card on this card, and for the rest of the round, when Splinter attacks, he may attack one additional time.

BREAKING BALANCE

Armies;
vs.
Spoiler Alert!

In final analysis, I would like to move forward with Version One, though if anyone would like the name of Teachings of the Rat change, just say so and give a suggestion!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 20th, 2018, 01:50 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

To be fair, there's several figures that offer a bonus to others, that don't benefit from the bonus themselves. Captain America, Hasbro Cap, Star-Lord, Bane etc.

Doesn't really matter to me either way, as long as his point value is balanced based on his power, and that the power is appropriate for the character.
Old March 20th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
To be fair, there's several figures that offer a bonus to others, that don't benefit from the bonus themselves. Captain America, Hasbro Cap, Star-Lord, Bane etc.

Doesn't really matter to me either way, as long as his point value is balanced based on his power.
Yes, but it feels different to me. Captain America is inspiring other people, he's not inspiring himself. Splinter is teaching his sons to focus like a true ninja... but can't manage to do so himself? He felt, in comparison, unfocussed when he was unable to boost his own rolls. Splinter, if he can't boost himself in that way, feels like he doesn't practice what he preaches, which doesn't feel like the character at all.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 20th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm good with Version One. I'd still kind of want to split out the Decoy part of his Devotion just to simplify it. He's on the very upper end of complexity but I can live with it.

For the first power, does he teach any specific martial art? "RAT STYLE SENSEI" or whatever could work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library