Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:48 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Just to try for a little closure here ... I realized today that Omegacron is already doing something that's thematically very close to what I was trying to do, and mechanically similar as well. (Sorry if anyone else already mentioned this and I missed it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegacron
DIRECTED FIRE
Instead of attacking with Omegacron this turn, you may choose up to 3 unengaged Soulborg Squad figures you control who follow Jandar. Take a single turn with the chosen figures, during which the chosen figures may only attack. Omegacron must also have line of sight to any figure attacked using Directed Fire.
I'll probably keep working my design in this direction as just a homebrew for myself. Obviously when picking the criteria for which kinds of Agents would qualify I'll have to carefully research all existing units and try to anticipate likely/possible future effects, to avoid issues with special powers that could become ambiguous in this very unusual "combine different fractional squads into a single virtual squad" mechanic. But at least nobody should have heartburn over the approach, since Omega has already canonized it for me.

Thanks again for all the feedback. When there's a majority of opposition to something, that's often a pretty good sign that the designer is just too close to it to be objective.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Just to try for a little closure here ... I realized today that Omegacron is already doing something that's thematically very close to what I was trying to do, and mechanically similar as well. (Sorry if anyone else already mentioned this and I missed it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegacron
DIRECTED FIRE
Instead of attacking with Omegacron this turn, you may choose up to 3 unengaged Soulborg Squad figures you control who follow Jandar. Take a single turn with the chosen figures, during which the chosen figures may only attack. Omegacron must also have line of sight to any figure attacked using Directed Fire.
I'll probably keep working my design in this direction as just a homebrew for myself. Obviously when picking the criteria for which kinds of Agents would qualify I'll have to carefully research all existing units and try to anticipate likely/possible future effects, to avoid issues with special powers that could become ambiguous in this very unusual "combine different fractional squads into a single virtual squad" mechanic. But at least nobody should have heartburn over the approach, since Omega has already canonized it for me.
Omegacron just allows individual squad figures to take the attacks they can normally make. Completely different precedent IMO.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 23rd, 2015 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Some people have "heartburn" about Omegacron and I'll be surprised if he is used as precedent for any future VC cards
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:04 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Omegacron just allows individual squad figures to take the attacks they can normally make. Completely different precedent IMO.
If you are concerned that I somehow thought Omegacron allows an arrow volley, you needn't be. I'm no longer designing around an arrow volley concept. All I was alluding to was the fact that Omegacron and my agent concept have a similar theme of a hero giving up part of its own turn in order to coordinate attacks by nearby, related squad members, optionally in combinations that aren't normally possible. That's a lot of thematic and high-level mechanical parallelism, even though one allowed combining attacks while the other allows combining squads.

This agent hero could actually be redesigned with a near-verbatim copy of DIRECTED FIRE that's renamed and has the proper nouns replaced appropriately, and work just fine. It would be different than the arrow volley concept, but would still fit the overall theme of a leader who coordinates her subordinates' attacks. It would have gameplay value, while using an established template instead of exploring new territory that causes heartburn.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:07 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Definition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
If you are concerned that I somehow thought Omegacron allows an arrow volley, you needn't be. I'm no longer designing around an arrow volley concept. All I was alluding to was the fact that Omegacron and my agent concept have a similar theme of a hero giving up part of its own turn in order to coordinate attacks by nearby, related squad members, optionally in combinations that aren't normally possible. That's a lot of thematic and high-level mechanical parallelism, even though one allowed combining attacks while the other allows combining squads.

This agent hero could actually be redesigned with a near-verbatim copy of DIRECTED FIRE that's renamed and has the proper nouns replaced appropriately, and work just fine. It would be different than the arrow volley concept, but would still fit the overall theme of a leader who coordinates her subordinates' attacks. It would have gameplay value, while using an established template instead of exploring new territory that freaks people out.
My concern was more over the lack of spelled out clarity (although it took me several tries to realize that was it) than combining squads. Interested to see what you come up with.

~Dysole, thinking there is a solid synergy web with agents as it stands but has no room to talk given recent SoV submissions.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:07 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Definition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
~Dysole, thinking there is a solid synergy web with agents as it stands but has no room to talk given recent SoV submissions.
Woah, shots fired at Kon-Tar-Na!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:11 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Um How About No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Woah, shots fired at Kon-Tar-Na!

~TAF
Because there is totally not a submitted unit that fits into and loops together a lot within a soulborg web of synergy.

~Dysole,

Last edited by Dysole; May 23rd, 2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: There exists the possibility that was sarcasm. It may have been too subtle.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:49 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The little wink at the end may have been subtle, but yes I was joking. Speaking of which, do you think the new Dwarf may affect your Soulborg Custom in any ways? Hopefully it doesn't ruin his chances of making the SoV.

~TAF, conversationally

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 23rd, 2015, 08:55 PM

Thoughts Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
The little wink at the end may have been subtle, but yes I was joking. Speaking of which, do you think the new Dwarf may affect your Soulborg Custom in any ways? Hopefully it doesn't ruin his chances of making the SoV.

~TAF, conversationally
Very doubtful Boltcutter has any effect on the viability of Executioner (Fun fact: It's better to blow up the Deathwings their way than Executioner's way unless you're fighting something like Ashra). To be completely honest, if Executioner fails to make it this go round, it'll most likely be because either he's too durable or the Remote Detonation is too powerful against heroes both of which I know I how to fix and will then just resubmit with fixes.

~Dysole, who granted could be wrong but feels like from all the knowledge about the figure and its potential shortcomings if it's not from one of those that will be very surprising.
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That was an old C3V design, before my time. I would not allow a similar power to come through again, not in SoV or C3V.
Old May 24th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes you would, Scy. You may not like it but you would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 28th, 2015, 03:49 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Gnoll Faction
---------------
Followers of Valkrill - Gnolls naturally follow the demon lord (Yeenoghu).
Gnolls like to attack when they have the advantage of numbers, using horde tactics and their physical strength to overwhelm and knock down their opponents. They show little discipline when fighting unless they have a strong leader; at such times, they can maintain ranks and fight as a unit. While they do not usually prepare traps, they do use ambushes and try to attack from a flanking position.

I have tried to keep true to the vision of the Gnolls from DnD background. Many of their abilities reflect some of these tactics.

Costs
  • Warchief is priced a little higher, he has some of the sunken costs that the Warband might have on their own.
  • They are priced at 20 per figure, higher than the per figure cost of many of the other Bonding Squads(Knights Weston, Heavies, Dwarves...)
  • Try to envision them as a 80 point squad for 4.
Gameplay choices
The Gnolls offer some very unique play choices when it comes to using your heroes. Can you afford to wade in with the heavy hitting War Chief and his his powerful attacks? Once he falls the warband is disfunctional and really loses alot of its power. There are times you need to risk and jump into the fray with the Chief. Not only do you lose your most powerful hero, you also lose the ability to move and attack with an extra Gnoll squad member.

Thanks to Scytale as I have borrowed some aspects of the Warband(Pack Attack) at his blessing.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old May 28th, 2015, 03:59 PM

Quick Notes

Why is Skull Crusher not one word? It's unclear if he gets the -2 for the first attack as well as the second (I would presume the intention is that he does not get -2 for the first attack but I can't necessarily justify it from the wording).

First Retchtongue is misspelled on the card.

Gruul the Wicked for Cunning Shot you want "its" instead of "it's".

Retchtongue feel awful beefy for the price. Retchtongue x3, Gruul, Skull Crusher, Raelin, Marcu feels like it could bowl over a lot of stuff. Not saying it's broken just that it feels awful powerful.

~Dysole, with all for now

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards