Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan 4 Scenarios - Brainstorming Phase

Thank you Bats. As you know, our scenarios are meant to tell a story, so as we did in World's Finest, some scenarios are going to naturally lean in favor of one side. The MoleMan scenario is definitely one where we will let things leans in the FF's favor, but with those suggestions to help MM, it will allow for some fun game balancing affects.
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Call me crazy, but I actually like scenarios better when they slightly favor the villain. I'm sure soloscaping has a lot to do with it, but when I'm playing scenarios against myself, I like it when they're kind of like video games, and it's a real challenge for the heroes to win. That way I play them multiple times until the heroes do win, at which point I kind of consider it "level completed." If the heroes won the first time, I probably wouldn't replay it right away.
That's why, even though it's a huge pain in a lot of ways, I really do consider the Recruit the Batman scenario a bit success.
Too much power text in that one, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Call me crazy, but I actually like scenarios better when they slightly favor the villain. I'm sure soloscaping has a lot to do with it, but when I'm playing scenarios against myself, I like it when they're kind of like video games, and it's a real challenge for the heroes to win. That way I play them multiple times until the heroes do win, at which point I kind of consider it "level completed." If the heroes won the first time, I probably wouldn't replay it right away.
That's why, even though it's a huge pain in a lot of ways, I really do consider the Recruit the Batman scenario a bit success.
Too much power text in that one, though.
I see that scenario as a rookie test to see how much text we can get away with.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well, yeah, there was that too. It was definitely on the clunky side.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Well, yeah, there was that too. It was definitely on the clunky side.
The best way to look at it is to see it as a 4 part mini game campaign. Then it is not so bogged down.
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:41 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Was this Fan 4 scenarios that were going to be the Choose-your-own-adventure style?
Old September 9th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Was this Fan 4 scenarios that were going to be the Choose-your-own-adventure style?
It is planned to be a campaign style where you can draft a certain number of points worth of Adventurers or Scientists for each scenario, and you will be able to draft 1 that is not from this Master Set for each scenario. When an Adventurer or Scientist is destroyed, you may not redraft him or her later, but you do get one revive glyph (Glyph of the Mysterious Artifact) to bring back one fallen Hero.
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:30 AM

Re: Fantastic Forces Unite - Campaign

The Campaign Rules are on the front page and so are the links to each of the scenarios.
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:00 PM

Sweet! I'll check out the designs as I give a chance and offer my initial impressions/feedback. But I know that initial playtests will mostly determine their direction.
We need to get Spidey on the writing for the journal entries for the campaign!

Old October 28th, 2010, 02:43 AM

My Campaign:

CHAPTER 1
Mr Fantastic is dead, I have the Experimental Medicine, and I have the Mystic Artifact (revive)

CHAPTER 2
I Obtained the Gift of Atlantis, and a Mystic Artifact.

CHAPTER 3
I obtained the Latverian Life Spell, but killed She-Hulk, Beast, and Plastic Man.

CHAPTER 4
I got the Cosmic Control Rod, but killed Swamp Thing.

Mr Fantastic, Beast, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, and Plastic Man are dead, and I have the Gift of Atlantis, x2 Mysterious Artifacts, Latverian Life Spell, Cosmic Control Rod, and the Experimental Medicine.

CHAPTER 5

Last edited by Griffin; January 1st, 2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 03:27 AM

My campaign is updated.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Looks good Griff, I just hope the bad guys have opportunities to win a scenario once in a while. Or maybe the campaign can progressively get harder and more challenging so that maybe it's more challenging (though still possible) for the bad guys to win the early scenarios and then get more challenging (though still possible) for the heroes to win the later scenarios. That way friends can each take one side throughout the entire campaign and enjoy both ends of the spectrum of difficulty. I still think both sides should have a chance for each scenario of course for replayability.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios