Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 14th, 2012, 03:08 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker
DeathDoom's Modded Figures- Shinies, necromancy, and Wolves!

This thread is intended to show off my simple variety of figure modifications. I'm hoping that this thread can serve as a basis for others to begin modding with, as most of my mods are simple and without original sculpting. I was inspired by Soundwarp's mods (who hasn't been?), but I have almost no desire to sculpt my figures as extensively as he does (although I don't think that anybody can argue with his results.) My mods rarely use any material that did not come from my available stockpile of miniatures, making them fairly easy to reproduce. All figures are held together with superglue.

Lord Thanden and his Lieges: Made from 1 squad Capuan Gladiators, 1 squad Knights of Weston, 1 squad Marro Warriors, and 1 Airborne Elite.
Spoiler Alert!

Corvax: Made from an ocean Toob of some kind and a chewed-up plastic caveman. Don't start here, please.
Spoiler Alert!

After those experiments, I started to compile various miniatures for customs- such as trollandtoad's 50 WoW minis for $10 deal- but I didn't get back into modding until I found a comic book shop nearby that sells Mage Knight minis for 50 cents a pop. I'm going broke by the quarter.

Hidden Name: made from a WoW Vindicator Hodon, Umbrage, and Drokkar of the Four Boars, with pieces from a Mage Knight Dwarven Rotary Fuser and Fell Reaper.
Spoiler Alert!

Hidden Name: Made from Mage Knight Blade Golems, Amotep Incinerators, a Storm Golem, and a chain.
Spoiler Alert!

Merkoth the Wereshark: Made from a DC Heroclix King Shark and some Mage Knight Tanglewood Spirits and the skull from some witch or another.
Spoiler Alert!

Manauvi, Lord of Worms: Repaint of a Mage Knight Death Merchant
Spoiler Alert!

? Repainted Confrontation Wolfen
Spoiler Alert!

Corpsemender Vitalo: Made from three Mage Knight Flesh Golems, a WoW Marlowe Christophers, another WoW mini, and a chain.
Spoiler Alert!

Please check out my customs thread for any cards that may be up for these units. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by DeathDoom; December 4th, 2012 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Manauvi is Utgar
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: DeathDoom's Modded Figures- Undead Wereshark!

Your golem and winged giant look awesome ! I would love to see those in person. You have a lot of creativity, hope to see more.
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:24 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Have to agree with Rocktroll, that figure sure was something to brag about. But Lord Thanden and his Lieges... I cringed at the idea of mutilating my KoWs and Gladiators. Hehe.
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:27 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Nice mods Deathdoom, you have some talent in this area.

Can't wait for more.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:16 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the support, everybody! Merkoth has his card posted in my Customs thread as of now, if anybody's interested. In the meantime, I'll be looking for more mods to do with what I've collected.

Does anybody know of a nice, cheap Balor/Balrog or large Fire or Ice elemental?
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

These are amazing. That were-shark was really, really, really cool.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:27 AM

There aren't any new modifications up, but I do have some of the repaints that I've been dabbling in posted. My paints are all craft-store acrylics, and the washes are Mop n Glo with water. Check em out!

EDIT: OK, now there's a mod. Corpsemender Vitalo is up!

Last edited by DeathDoom; March 3rd, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:41 AM

Re: DeathDoom's Modded Figures- Shinies, necromancy, and Wol

Alright, so I am in need of a figure.

This might be a difficult figure to find, but I really need a male human with a hood and short jacket, open if possible, preferably black. It will need to be plastic, but pre-painted is not a necessity. I'm willing to offer a copy of the figure that I make from it in return for whoever can find me a suitable miniature.

Do I have any takers?
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What about this guy? I know he isn't human, but with a little paint he might work for what you need.
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was funny when I read your post Deathdoom I had a possible suitable figure right on my gaming table.
This figure is The Hood from Heroclix. He is in the Mutations and Monsters set and is #15 in the set. Don't know if this is what your looking for but I thought is matched your description to a point.
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM

They both look good, but I'm looking for something with a hoodie, if possible.
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This person might work, but you would have to do more modding:

Last edited by Fi Skirata; April 1st, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions