Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old June 19th, 2017, 12:16 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

So I'd say something like stalwart, honorable etc. For his personality.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 21st, 2017, 01:11 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just making up the card for William are we sure that we only want his range at 6. If he is an elite bowman should it be at least 7?? Also only 1 attack? I mean yes we have it the skulls are an extra hit but 1 seems a little low.

Here is the card thus far

Last edited by JC McMinis; June 21st, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
Old June 21st, 2017, 04:13 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Just making up the card for William are we sure that we only want his range at 6. If he is an elite bowman should it be at least 7?? Also only 1 attack? I mean yes we have it the skulls are an extra hit but 1 seems a little low.

I think he should have 2 attack. That can be up to 4 skulls, 6 with height. And since he is supposed to defend a wall he should be powerful on height.
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:21 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

If he's on a wall with extreme height advantage that's (1+2*2)x3
Playtesting will tell. I originally had him at 2, but 1 felt better (and gives a bigger "ah-ha!" moment when a player discovers height reference.

I'm not a fan of Stalwart.
How about Militaristic? That would include both Precise and Taciturn. He could escape, but he would rather fight the war. He puts himself at risk, because he wants to fight the war.

As far as third power goes, I've been thinking about the gunpowder.
It could be a marker that gives the player a choice - use it for a special attack and save the day or keep it and earn bonus points.

Referencing points and catering to points-scoring is iffy territory, but it could play out for a mercenary character.
I also welcome a better execution of this idea, if not for points - what?

Edit: Shorter range because they come to him~

Edit 2: I like that art because he is aiming down and that's cute

Edit 3: I also entertain a better name for "Elite Bowman" - that was placeholder

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; June 22nd, 2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:06 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK on the third power....did he use any kind of explosive arrow or anything in the movie...that could easily translated into a special attack.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 12:37 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

So some quick thoughts.

I think William's range and attack could both be raised. He is a master Archer so so I think 7 range and 2 attack is justifiable.

Looking at official personalities I think resolute might be the most accurate based on what I've seen of the character.

I'll brainstorm some new idea names for Elite Bowman. I think the power could work for any long range fighter, not just bowmen, so if we could change it to something a little more generic I'd be happy. Also, in the first sentence of Elite Bowman attack should be attacks

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 22nd, 2017, 10:40 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
OK on the third power....did he use any kind of explosive arrow or anything in the movie...that could easily translated into a special attack.
The movie's Sauron is fully surrounded by squads that add autoshields
William uses his trickiness to get in an explosive gunpowder arrow (others just bounced off. They're able to tank cannon balls)
Explodes saves day. Hordes fall over.

The gunpowder is a story element because that's why he was there in the first place to buy/steal

Old June 22nd, 2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
So some quick thoughts.

I think William's range and attack could both be raised. He is a master Archer so so I think 7 range and 2 attack is justifiable.

Looking at official personalities I think resolute might be the most accurate based on what I've seen of the character.

I'll brainstorm some new idea names for Elite Bowman. I think the power could work for any long range fighter, not just bowmen, so if we could change it to something a little more generic I'd be happy. Also, in the first sentence of Elite Bowman attack should be attacks
I'm not entirely opposed to 2/7, but he's a different kind of Archer plus, I Don't think he should be too board presence dominant. 6 puts him been Stingers and Krav Maga.

I'm not a fan of Resolute though, because he's tricky and thinks on his feet, adjusting his plans on the fly. Not Stoic either.

I had similar thoughts regarding generic naming.
As far as actual wording goes, the basic concept is what we're looking for now. Next stage it's that. For example his and mine differ.

Old June 22nd, 2017, 02:15 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
a fan of Resolute though, because he's tricky and thinks on his feet, adjusting his plans on the fly. Not Stoic either.
How about Cunning for a personality type? It gets across his deceptivness while still retaining the militaristic Einar feel.

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 22nd, 2017, 08:37 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, I know I'm not on the project, but I wanted to throw some thoughts in:
Unless you want this guy costing a ton, I'd keep his attack at 1. If he has any sort of boost (Including height) he'll be throwing so many skulls...
Thematically, I feel range 6 attack 1 shows him relying on his skills more than brute force.
Just a thought...
Old June 23rd, 2017, 01:30 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
a fan of Resolute though, because he's tricky and thinks on his feet, adjusting his plans on the fly. Not Stoic either.
How about Cunning for a personality type? It gets across his deceptivness while still retaining the militaristic Einar feel.
How about clever? The whole point of his character in the movie felt like he was rejecting being deceptive. That's why I suggested moving away from tricky.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
How about clever? The whole point of his character in the movie felt like he was rejecting being deceptive. That's why I suggested moving away from tricky.
Clever works for me.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum