Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 19th, 2010, 03:59 PM

sir william the bold is surprisingly tart
Large Land based discussion thread.

Next Large land based expansion discussion thread
The Next large land expansion what could it be? I realize this thread might already exist and I have done research but it I would like to put these ideas out there.
So, Here are some of my ideas.

Graveyard, now I know that this idea has already been put out there and I would like it if some one would post some pictures of there grave stones that they use already sense I don’t have any made yet.
What I think should come in this set, one large gravestone, three or four dead trees, six small gravestones and one large abomination or three gargoyles, gouls, skeletons, or ghosts ect., other undead can be an option.

Dungeon plant expansion. Lots of phosphorescent flora (flora means plant life) and a few more dungeon tiles. For the units I have a large demon warlord or a large devil.

Wooden wall/ deciduous tree expansion.
The wooden wall would be 3 or 4 tall and look like a castle battlement, I don’t know how many would come in a pack, but there would be quite a few, The trees would be oak and maple trees that are 9-10 segments tall. The units would be some sort of wood elves with camouflage special power.

My next one isn’t very original either it would be like another tundra set except the snow is dungeon tiles the ice, shadow tiles and the glaciers big stalagmites. My units are pretty cool if I do say so my self Dund Puppies! Smaller doggons with likeness to dund and are smaller.

Obelisk Expansion
This expansion would have Obelisks of power for Utgar Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Aquilla, and Valkirl These would give the units who follow there general extra, move, attack, defense, or range. They would be like units maybe 50-75 points each.

Or

Attack, defense, range, and move obelisks, these would work almost like glyphs, to activate them you must stand next to it four at least one turn and it would grant it’s power to all friendly figures within 4 spaces of it.

Check out my custom terrain.
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Large Land based discussion thread.

I like your ideas. I have been thinking about the maple tree forest thing for a while. The walls sound pretty cool as well. Hopefully we will see another terrain expansion released in the somewhat near future.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

So yes, this has been talked to death across the boards. But, I think you bring up a nice point. The only way WotC can go with terrain is foliage and old terrain packaged together with new large units.

Of course, they could make up random crap like acid or pixie dust or something.
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that they are more likely going to release reprints/if we're lucky a large figure set before any new kind of terrain expansion. Don't get me wrong it would be cool, but I don't think they or most of us, feel like we have too little terrain types which means to not enough money being in it for them. A large figure set on the other hand WOTC could assume any sane scaper would buy(assuming they are new sculpts).
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:42 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir william the bold View Post
Obelisk Expansion
This expansion would have Obelisks of power for Utgar Jandar, Ullar, Einar, Aquilla, and Valkirl These would give the units who follow there general extra, move, attack, defense, or range. They would be like units maybe 50-75 points each.

Or

Attack, defense, range, and move obelisks, these would work almost like glyphs, to activate them you must stand next to it four at least one turn and it would grant it’s power to all friendly figures within 4 spaces of it.
I love the idea of obelisks. But I think they should't have any specific general on them. Maybe a set with 3 18 level high Obelisks and 3 10 level high obelisks. It could also have a Statue of an ancient kyrie that give a plus one defence against all attacks. Something like motivation or something. Mabe 8-12 quick sand tiles. And a squad of 3 dust Devils.
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I like the Graveyard idea. The tombstones provide plenty LOS blockers, and the dead trees can block LOS from height or something. It'd make for some pretty crazy maps with FotA in them. There could also be a tomb that figures can hide in. As far as figures go, I think skeletons or gargoyles would be a perfect fit.
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I like the idea of dungeon flora. I was playing a game yesterday on a dungeon board with my kids and I was thinking how nice it would be to have some LOS blockers other than the rocks.

Maybe some mushrooms and phosphorescent flora.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I would love an expansion dedicated to LoS blockers. New ruins, dead trees, fences, new rock formations, and how about a seige engine or two for good measure.

-insert signature here-
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:29 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, sorry. I entered this thread thinking we were talking about me.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir william the bold View Post

Wooden wall/ deciduous tree expansion.
The wooden wall would be 3 or 4 tall and look like a castle battlement, I don’t know how many would come in a pack, but there would be quite a few, The trees would be oak and maple trees that are 9-10 segments tall. The units would be some sort of wood elves with camouflage special power.
You mean like a old western fort? Perhaps with a cavalry (is that spelled right) squad or some north vs south squads?

That'd be good...but I think I prefer the graveyard thought - or Nyys' LOS blockers (include a moveable object such as an apple cart - instead of the seige engines - just not a fan of them).

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old September 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol View Post
I like the idea of dungeon flora. I was playing a game yesterday on a dungeon board with my kids and I was thinking how nice it would be to have some LOS blockers other than the rocks.

Maybe some mushrooms and phosphorescent flora.
I bet someone around here could make a BA glowing mushroom. I'm looking at you, apoxie/resin junkies. Make some kind of mushroom and thread some lights through it. Dazzle me.
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm expecting lava to make a comeback.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion