Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old October 14th, 2015, 04:47 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart
Re: CA-SoCal Heroscapers

Thanks for the valuable advice @Xotli . I got some answers to some of your questions, tho I see that I got some improvements to make, and my answers might not solve your questions.

For the large or huge heroes not being allowed, I did say single hex heroes only, so that should eliminate everything but the Deathwalkers. I don't know whether or not to ban them too, since a single Onslaught attack could take them down easily.

For the castle advice, I forgot to mention that Onslaught would be allowed to use against the door if they are in a single file, and that might level out that disadvantage. I am not familiar with Zombie Hulks, since they are VC, but they sound like they fit the theme, and I would be up for using them in the games too, and they could have the ability to take down a door in one shot.

As for the fog of war mechanic, I thought we could have a printed layout of the map and the 3rd party referee would use markers on the layout map to keep track of where everyone was, so it would be easier to remind people where their figures were. The layout would be behind a screen, so people couldn't peek at it. The other team doesn't have to leave the room, just turn their chairs around. Not sure if this answers your questions about this, but hopefully it makes it a bit more feasible. Not sure what to do about the time problem tho, overall this scenario sounds like it would take a lot of time to do.

Which leads me to the number of rounds issue. I did mean rounds instead of turns, but if 28 rounds is too much, we can always shorten the game.

Instead of order markers, I figured we would all roll for initiative, with the zombie player having to roll multiple times, and that would be the order markers for the round. That being said, now that I think about it, that could lead to some messed up situations if one team gets to go like 3-4 times in a row. It also would take a lot of time as well.

I don't know what to do about the activations problem. I see now that the zombies only getting 3 per round won't work, at least not when the attacking portion of the game happens. How about they only get 3 while they are moving, but can attack with every squad? If not, please help me out figuring this out.

Again, thanks for the advice and I am happy that you think the idea is cool and would be willing to give it a try if we figure out how to do it right.
Old October 15th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
For the large or huge heroes not being allowed, I did say single hex heroes only, so that should eliminate everything but the Deathwalkers.
No time for a full reply now, but I'll just note:

Complete list of Large single-spaced heroes (not including VC):
  • Ice Troll Beserker
  • Master of the Hunt
  • Ogre Pulverizer
  • Deathwalker 8k
  • Deathwalker 9k

Complete list of Huge single-spaced heroes (not including VC):
  • Moltenclaw
  • Frost Giant of Morh

Unless you meant to exclude the uncommons, although typically if unique is allowed uncommon is okay (that's sort of built into the definition of "uncommon"). But that still leaves you with Moltenclaw. (Who is the only single-spaced unique dragon, so you know someone will want to field him. )

For this sort of research, GaryLASQ's character page is invaluable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 16th, 2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
For the large or huge heroes not being allowed, I did say single hex heroes only, so that should eliminate everything but the Deathwalkers.
No time for a full reply now, but I'll just note:

Complete list of Large single-spaced heroes (not including VC):
  • Ice Troll Beserker
  • Master of the Hunt
  • Ogre Pulverizer
  • Deathwalker 8k
  • Deathwalker 9k

Complete list of Huge single-spaced heroes (not including VC):
  • Moltenclaw
  • Frost Giant of Morh
Unless you meant to exclude the uncommons, although typically if unique is allowed uncommon is okay (that's sort of built into the definition of "uncommon"). But that still leaves you with Moltenclaw. (Who is the only single-spaced unique dragon, so you know someone will want to field him. )

For this sort of research, GaryLASQ's character page is invaluable.
I am fine with all of these uncommon large/huge heroes being allowed in the scenario, except Moltenclaw. I think his flame breath would be a little too good. None of the others seem game-breaking, tho the Ice Troll Berserker might count as part of the "One Healer or Multi-Attacker per Player" rule, since he heals himself pretty easily.

Speaking of which, to clarify, by only one multi-attacker I meant Heroes that do 3 or more attacks. You would be allowed to use multiple Heroes with the ability to use just two attacks, like Kaemon Awa, Guilty McCreech, or Syvarris. This also allows Sonlen to be used, since otherwise he wouldn't be since he is both a healer and a champ who can potentially attack twice. I don't know about allowing Rhogar Dragonspine. He seems fine by me though, even tho his Special Attack could possibly get 3 Zombies in one go, and heal someone in the same turn.

@Xotli , what do you think about allowing or disallowing RotV Raelin? I think SotM Raelin would be fine, but would RotV Raelin be unfair to the Zombies?
Old October 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM

So I was hoping that we could start planning out a game day for some time next month or maybe early December. Don't really know how to get the ball rolling, other than mention it on here.

If anyone is interested, let me know.
Old December 29th, 2015, 01:18 AM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart

So I'm trying to get more into heroscape, I've recently moved into imperial beach in san diego, are heroscape events common around here?
Old January 26th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation

Ya. I am down for some local scape. I don't check these forums but about twice a year. Email. Gregalmer@msn.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:06 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

New thread for NHSD SoCal Slaughter! 2016,
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...51#post2108351
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:15 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, reaching back into the mists of time a bit for some of these:
@The Silver King
@jesus20456
@SipNTheSauce
@Garada
@WreakLoosE
@michaeltaylor

Calling all SoCal 'Scapers!

Please let us know if you'll be able to make it to the NHSD tourney which is NEXT weekend! We'd love to have you, or even just hear from you. Please pop into the SoCal Slaughter 2016 thread if you can.

(Also sent email to Alastair MacDirk, as per his request above.)

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 18th, 2017, 04:59 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Spread the word!
Here is this year's link, https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...80#post2162480
Old February 1st, 2018, 06:21 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Hey, guys: I know we always say we're going to get together some time other than NHSD, and then we never do, but let's try something radical this year and actually do it. Anybody up for having a more casual gameday sometime in February, or perhaps in March?

Who's out there and up for some 'Scape? Sound off!

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 11th, 2018, 07:59 PM

DjKniteX Woo who?

Anyone here near the Pasadena area? I'm near Game Empire and would love to learn/play Heroscape. I been eyeing since it like 2006/2007 and I picked up Arena of the Planeswalker and now I'm really itching for some Heroscape
Old June 11th, 2018, 08:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm in South Pasadena! I only have a small collection as of now, but I'd love to get together sometime and play a bit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers