Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 20th, 2011, 04:55 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Science Police - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
One last edit from me:

CALL FOR REINFORCEMENTS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with the Science Police, you may roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 12-17, choose 1 previously destroyed Science Police figure.
• If you roll 17-19, choose up to 2 previously destroyed Science Police figures.
• If you roll 20 or higher, choose up to 4 previously destroyed Science Police figures.
One at a time, place each chosen Science Police figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of any other Science Police figures you control on the battlefield.
And one from me.
I disagree with this one. The 20-sided die only has 20 sides. So 20 is the highest you can roll if you have modifiers then you just wouldn't need to use them if you roll a 20. If the number was anything less then 20 I would agree the "or higher" is valid but not when it's the only possibility. I also believe this is how Official HS has done it also.

Cheers
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
One last edit from me:

CALL FOR REINFORCEMENTS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with the Science Police, you may roll the 20-sided die.
• If you roll 12-17, choose 1 previously destroyed Science Police figure.
• If you roll 17-19, choose up to 2 previously destroyed Science Police figures.
• If you roll 20 or higher, choose up to 4 previously destroyed Science Police figures.
One at a time, place each chosen Science Police figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of any other Science Police figures you control on the battlefield.
And one from me.
I disagree with this one. The 20-sided die only has 20 sides. So 20 is the highest you can roll if you have modifiers then you just wouldn't need to use them if you roll a 20. If the number was anything less then 20 I would agree the "or higher" is valid but not when it's the only possibility. I also believe this is how Official HS has done it also.

Cheers
You don't believe in modifying higher than 20? Really? So if you and I roll initiative and I have the initiative +8 glyph, and we both roll 20, who do you think wins? Or would you have us re-roll? In the world of games, dice, and even Heroscape, a 20-sided die is not limited to the number twenty. Sir G's change is valid and justified IMO, and I believe there are official and C3G precedents as well.
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Or if we roll initiative and tie on a twenty, can't I remove an OM on Doctor Fate's card to make my initiative 21? I say "yes, absolutely".
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

C3G has done it both ways already.

Just trying to aim for consistency.

I know it's a noble, but mostly unattainable goal.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:37 PM

Personally, I have really appreciated your quest for consistency Sir G. Keep it up please, and I am sorry if I haven't made it clear to you how much I appreciate it in the past.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the DC Unleashed set. Its model number and name is 010, 011, 012/Science Police.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Sorry for the double post.

I agree that SirG's change is needed. If 20+ is possible it needs to be addressed. Unless your intent is for it to only ever have a 5% chance. In which case, 21 or higher would be the same as 1-11, a fail.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:17 PM

I just looked up the official FAQ and this is what it says.

Some powers (in relation to rolling the 20-sided die) say "20 or higher" some just say "20". If I roll higher than a 20 (because of other powers/glyphs) on the powers that list 20 as a max, what happens?
For any 20-sided die roll (except for initiative), any number above 20 counts the same as a 20. Initiative is different however, if you are on the glyph of lodin and roll a 20 (20+lodin=21) and your opponent rolls a 20 as well, you win the initiative roll.
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:19 PM

So if you roll a 17, but you have some type of modifier that gives your roll a +8, you have rolled a 25 - which equals "a 20" and "a 20 or higher". The "or higher" aspect helps the player know that they can exceed the number 20 and still succeed for the power, because "higher than 20 equals 20".
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:05 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So if you roll a 17, but you have some type of modifier that gives your roll a +8, you have rolled a 25 - which equals "a 20" and "a 20 or higher". The "or higher" aspect helps the player know that they can exceed the number 20 and still succeed for the power, because "higher than 20 equals 20".
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
I think you may have read what you wanted to read here bud.
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:11 AM

The "or higher" aspect helps players know that if they modify beyond 20, they still succeed. Without that "or higher" line, it becomes unclear whether or not they actually succeeded if they modified beyond 20, because they did not roll exactly 20.

The "or higher" line ftw.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library