Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 5th, 2020, 04:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Pillar of Hár (Crypolith) - Editing

I'd prefer for the answer to be yes. It makes thematic sense and adds some little counterplay to the towers.
Old May 5th, 2020, 10:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

From the Fortress Door:

"Can the shotgun, grenades, and explosion target the Door and hurt someone on the other side?
These attacks will hit someone behind the door because they are adjacent to the door - being behind the closed door does not stop the ability from affecting them."

So I would say yes.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 6th, 2020, 06:27 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ll look around and see if there are any “breaks” in logic, but I do agree AoE attacks should affect the figure on top (and, conversely, the pillar shen the figure is targetted).

How does this sound to add to the rulebook, since its always better to spell things out?

Figures on top of a Pillar of Hár is considered adjacent to it, but they may not target the Pillar of Hár that they are on top of.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 9th, 2020, 03:43 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Personally I don't really care if figures on top can target it. What are you gonna do, make yourself fall?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 9th, 2020, 07:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

OP updated with additional special rules, and playtest reports where they were included. I'll look around and double check to see if there any more to add in later on, and probably do the same thing for the glyphs.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It looks to me like we can go to playtesting here?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:26 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
It looks to me like we can go to playtesting here?
I haven't done any Editing here yet.
Old May 13th, 2020, 01:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

D'oh. You're right

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2020, 04:32 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

There isn't any sort of checklist for destructible objects, so I'll just try to do the best I can.

Quote:
SCALING
Instead of moving normally, small or medium figures that begin their movement adjacent to a Pillar of Hár may move to the top of that Pillar of Hár. Instead of moving normally, small or medium figures that begin their movement on top of a Pillar of Hár may move to a space adjacent to that Pillar of Hár.
I think this needs to spell out that the figure does not take any falling damage when climbing down, if that's the intent. Also, there is no such thing as space being adjacent, it should be worded so as to place the figure adjacent.

Quote:
UNSTABLE
When this Pillar of Hár receives a wound or is destroyed, a figure on top of it must be placed by its controller either on a space adjacent to that Pillar of Hár or the space the Pillar of Hár previously occupied. Roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, that figure receives a wound. If that figure cannot be placed, it is destroyed.
There is a unthematic thing here in that a figure on a Pillar cannot fall onto a space significantly lower than the base of the Pillar, in that the figure could not be placed adjacent to the figure. I'm fine with that for simplicity, but I want to make sure everyone here understands that. This could be avoided by simply making the figure "move 1" and take normal falling damage.

Second, the "adjacent" thing doesn't work if the Pillar is destroyed, as there is no space adjacent to a non-existent Pillar. I suppose we could change that to "before removing the Pillar", but then it could not end on the space the Pillar occupied. We could change to have to occupy the space the Pillar was on if it is destroyed, though I am a bit concerned about Pounce-like attacks that place the figure on the attacked figure's space. Actually, I think Sonic Fists is an existing example. Not sure what would happen first, the fall or Sonic Fists.
Old May 15th, 2020, 05:17 PM
I could go

Let's do some fine tuning here...

Quote:
SCALING
Instead of moving normally, small or medium figures that begin their movement adjacent to a Pillar of Hár may move to the top of that Pillar of Hár. Instead of moving normally, small or medium figures that begin their movement on top of a Pillar of Hár may be placed on a space adjacent to that Pillar of Hár and does not receive falling damage.
That should handle Scaling, no?

Quote:
UNSTABLE
When this Pillar of Hár receives a wound but is not destroyed, a figure on top of it must move 1 space. When this Pillar of Hár receives is destroyed, a figure on top of it must be placed on the space the Pillar of Hár previously occupied. If that figure cannot be placed, it is destroyed. A figure moved or placed by Unstable will receive falling damage.
I think that handles that should handle both possible scenarios for when the Pillar takes damage.

As for Sonic Fists I would think that the special attacker would be placed first because of the immediate wording and because he can be placed on spaces where DO's occupied. Pounce itself is a non-issue because it can only target figures.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 18th, 2020, 02:18 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
There isn't any sort of checklist for destructible objects, so I'll just try to do the best I can.

Quote:
SCALING
Instead of moving normally, small or medium figures that begin their movement adjacent to a Pillar of Hár may move to the top of that Pillar of Hár. Instead of moving normally, small or medium figures that begin their movement on top of a Pillar of Hár may move to a space adjacent to that Pillar of Hár.
I think this needs to spell out that the figure does not take any falling damage when climbing down, if that's the intent. Also, there is no such thing as space being adjacent, it should be worded so as to place the figure adjacent.
Does updating the wording to say some form of "place that figure" instead of "move to" for both scaling up and down work? That also handles the lack of adjacent spaces.

Quote:
Quote:
UNSTABLE
When this Pillar of Hár receives a wound or is destroyed, a figure on top of it must be placed by its controller either on a space adjacent to that Pillar of Hár or the space the Pillar of Hár previously occupied. Roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, that figure receives a wound. If that figure cannot be placed, it is destroyed.
There is a unthematic thing here in that a figure on a Pillar cannot fall onto a space significantly lower than the base of the Pillar, in that the figure could not be placed adjacent to the figure. I'm fine with that for simplicity, but I want to make sure everyone here understands that. This could be avoided by simply making the figure "move 1" and take normal falling damage.
I'm fine with just destroying the figure in that case. Next time, they shouldn't stand on an unstable tower by a cliff.

Quote:
Second, the "adjacent" thing doesn't work if the Pillar is destroyed, as there is no space adjacent to a non-existent Pillar. I suppose we could change that to "before removing the Pillar", but then it could not end on the space the Pillar occupied. We could change to have to occupy the space the Pillar was on if it is destroyed, though I am a bit concerned about Pounce-like attacks that place the figure on the attacked figure's space. Actually, I think Sonic Fists is an existing example. Not sure what would happen first, the fall or Sonic Fists.
Would something like "a space that was adjacent to that Pillar of Hár" work? It sounds a little wonky when the pillar isn't destroyed, but I think that the intent is clear.

I agree with flameslayer's interpretation that Pounce and other powers that activate immediately would happen before any Unstable placements. That does mean that the proposed wording in his post would result in a Wolf pounce automatically destroying the figure on top of the pillar, though, which is a strike against it IMO.
Old May 18th, 2020, 05:16 AM
I could go

The Wolf Pounce won’t auto destroy the figure though? Pounce cannot trigger Unstable since Pounce cannot target DO’s.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs