Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Tutorial for Dummies

Unless you want to take what I came up with for Destructible Objects rules and run with that first. Personally, I'll be focusing on units for the foreseeable future!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Actually, I don't know if I'll really put it through that process, but I will at least work on it personally. I have some interesting ideas I want to try out...
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds good. I definitely have some card designs ready to go.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:47 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

So is it acceptable to just submit one of our personal customs, and use that as a starting point?
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:51 PM

I'd think so, as long as you're willing to go in a different, collaborative direction as the conversation and playtesting dictates. I've got a few done that I'd like to at least use as starting points.
I think the one thing we should do is make sure we don't post the actual cards, but the write-ups and art, etc., like it specifies in the Life of a C3G Design thread.

Old January 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it going in a different direction. After all, I can still keep the original one as a separate custom. But it would be easier than starting from scratch.
Old January 12th, 2010, 11:55 PM

Exactly! Though I do have some powers I've developed that I really love ... (I'll be willing to cut them if people don't like them, though).

Old January 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Madd_Mugsy has disabled reputation

Good tutorial, Griffin!

Quote:
Some HeroClix figures come mounted on a clear stand that represents them flying, I recommend not using the entire stand, as it will change the height of the figure during game play. However, there are some figures like Hawk Girl from our C3G “World’s Finest” DC Master Set, that have only one foot mounted on this clear stand. Fortunately, the figure is easily removed from this stand by tugging the figure away from it. There is a small peg in the figure’s foot that slides into the stand, you will want to cut the end of that stand off just below where the peg stops inside of the stand. You can now glue that piece that you cut, on to the figure's peg for a more stable surface when you base the figure.
WRT these flying figures w/pegs, I found it was pretty easy to drill a hole into the plastic base using a 5/64" bit and then shove the peg into the hole. Glue is optional, since it's usually a pretty good fit. Some of the pegs are slightly larger, requiring a 3/32" bit instead.
Old January 14th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
I think that the instructions for re-basing a flying Heroclix figure (like Superman or Hawkgirl) are unclear. I propose devoting a larger section with some visuals to that area in particular, but likewise for the entire tutorial.
I can see that. I plan on getting some pics up soon and elaborating on details that may need some further explaining. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

And no ... I don't want to take any for you ...
Yeah well, I am likely to end up asking for at least one anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Once you get this finalized and get pics, I can format this just like a rulebook Griffin, and we can make it into a PDF.
That is very generous of you GO. You have been going up and beyond what anyone could ever ask for a C3G Hero to do, much less a Heroscaper. I have said it before and I will say it again, "you are the most helpful and valuable Custom "guy" on the entire site". Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
So is it acceptable to just submit one of our personal customs, and use that as a starting point?
Heck yeah, me says! Essentially, there is no difference in a C3G Hero submitting a new "blueprint" for a custom, than a C3G Hero submitting an older "blueprint" for a custom. Personally, I don't care who thinks up a custom or what year they thought it up, I just want us to have what we agree on is the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd_Mugsy View Post
Good tutorial, Griffin!

Quote:
Some HeroClix figures come mounted on a clear stand that represents them flying, I recommend not using the entire stand, as it will change the height of the figure during game play. However, there are some figures like Hawk Girl from our C3G “World’s Finest” DC Master Set, that have only one foot mounted on this clear stand. Fortunately, the figure is easily removed from this stand by tugging the figure away from it. There is a small peg in the figure’s foot that slides into the stand, you will want to cut the end of that stand off just below where the peg stops inside of the stand. You can now glue that piece that you cut, on to the figure's peg for a more stable surface when you base the figure.
WRT these flying figures w/pegs, I found it was pretty easy to drill a hole into the plastic base using a 5/64" bit and then shove the peg into the hole. Glue is optional, since it's usually a pretty good fit. Some of the pegs are slightly larger, requiring a 3/32" bit instead.
I appreciate that, and have done it myself as well. Even though I may not be showcasing a great idea on how to customize something, doesn't mean I don't approve of it. In fact, your suggestion here does offer the most structural support. However, I did want to give the reader the most economical and user friendly method of customizing, so for those of us who are hard core custom enthusiasts, we will probably want to take things a bit further than what this "Tutorial for Dummies" would suggest. Thanks for your comment though, I hope more people will chime in with their methods as well.
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:19 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I would really love to see some pics of these poker/bicycle chips used for the glyphs.

Cheers
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I would really love to see some pics of these poker/bicycle chips used for the glyphs.

Cheers
In good time. Probably within 1 or 2 weeks I will have pics for everything. My camera quality sucks, but I can tell you that other than the chips being round, they are the same size and look great. Most importantly though, they are impossible to recognize one symbol side up glyph from another.
Now if anyone knows where there is an E-store to buy Heroscape Glyph molds, I am all ears.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:28 PM

I wish!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy