Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: How To Properly Sell-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
In a way, it makes sense. If you plan on using old molds for a while, why would you go and hire people to design new sculpts and molds?
I'm thinking it probably happened the other way around ... they planned on using old molds for a while because they didn't want to go and hire people to design new sculpts and molds ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First of all, I'm a long-time supporter of mixing Marvel with Classic, so any objections to bringing in the D&D franchise based solely on it being a different franchise go right out the window, as far as I'm concerned.

Secondly, hey! New Heroscape! Get over yourself! If the unit design is still solid, then what do you care if it's a sculpt taken from D&D Minis? Most of us probably haven't seen the sculpts anyway, and on the off chance that it could bring some of that sweet, sweet, D&D money into Heroscape, then we should rejoice on the grounds that more money for Heroscape = more Heroscape = much rejoicing all around. I would have liked to have seen some more love for Vydar, but I've been wanting that since forever, and the fact that a new set doesn't fulfill my every secret desire isn't going to make me sell my collection on eBay, go lock myself in a darkened closet, and cry angry tears through my mascara.

Thirdly, are people seriously angry about the exclusives being re-released as part of Wave 10? Are these by any chance the people who paid over $50 for an exclusive on eBay? Well, congratulations. You paid premium dollar for a game that was repeatedly stated not to be collectible. Now the rest of us aren't going to have to do that. The same thing could be said of anyone who paid $50 for a set of 4th Mass., and then got upset about them being re-released so others could just get them at regular retail price. Not collectible means not collectible, and if you're gullible enough to pay a third party top dollar for something like that, then you can just put on your propellor beanie and Osh Kosh B'Goshes, and go have yourself a great, big, rainbow-colored lollipop.

In short: anyone who says that Wave 10 / the new masterset is a terrible, terrible betrayal of everything they hold dear? It's new Heroscape, and that. Is. Good. So cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it, get into your cry car, go for a drive around St. Babysburg, get into a car accident, get picked up by the Waaaaaambulance, and get taken to St. Boo Hoo's Hospital for the Criminally Inane.

/rant

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:33 AM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
First of all, I'm a long-time supporter of mixing Marvel with Classic, so any objections to bringing in the D&D franchise based solely on it being a different franchise go right out the window, as far as I'm concerned.

Secondly, hey! New Heroscape! Get over yourself! If the unit design is still solid, then what do you care if it's a sculpt taken from D&D Minis? Most of us probably haven't seen the sculpts anyway, and on the off chance that it could bring some of that sweet, sweet, D&D money into Heroscape, then we should rejoice on the grounds that more money for Heroscape = more Heroscape = much rejoicing all around. I would have liked to have seen some more love for Vydar, but I've been wanting that since forever, and the fact that a new set doesn't fulfill my every secret desire isn't going to make me sell my collection on eBay, go lock myself in a darkened closet, and cry angry tears through my mascara.

Thirdly, are people seriously angry about the exclusives being re-released as part of Wave 10? Are these by any chance the people who paid over $50 for an exclusive on eBay? Well, congratulations. You paid premium dollar for a game that was repeatedly stated not to be collectible. Now the rest of us aren't going to have to do that. The same thing could be said of anyone who paid $50 for a set of 4th Mass., and then got upset about them being re-released so others could just get them at regular retail price. Not collectible means not collectible, and if you're gullible enough to pay a third party top dollar for something like that, then you can just put on your propellor beanie and Osh Kosh B'Goshes, and go have yourself a great, big, rainbow-colored lollipop.

In short: anyone who says that Wave 10 / the new masterset is a terrible, terrible betrayal of everything they hold dear? It's new Heroscape, and that. Is. Good. So cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it, get into your cry car, go for a drive around St. Babysburg, get into a car accident, get picked up by the Waaaaaambulance, and get taken to St. Boo Hoo's Hospital for the Criminally Inane.

/rant
You know, I think the new releases don't mean that quality is headed downhill, don't mean we will never get historical or sci fi figures again, don't portend the apocalypse, and will not end Heroscape as we know it.

But I think you went a bit over the top there.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Eh, since pretty much everything imaginable about this topic's already been said, over the top's the only place left to go.

I thought that was a pretty funny post, myself.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Yeah, it does more seem like they haven't put in the money/resources to develop things more than they haven't had the time.
To be fair, when WotC was handed control of Heroscape last year they were still in the process of finishing up a new and markedly different edition of D&D, a project that undoubtedly was their top priority and ate up most of their resources. After its release, the new edition probably had to be supported by the usual supplements. So the amount of real time that that they've had to work on Heroscape is probably a lot less than the chronological year and a half that they've controlled it.
What you're saying is they didn't create a staff to do anything for just Heroscape, i.e. they haven't put in the money/resources to develop things. There's no implied judgment in that statement, but that's the way it is. If they wanted to make the investment to get things done, time wouldn't be an issue. Presumably they don't think they'd get a proper return on such an investment.
Forget WotC's staffing problems. The real problem was that Hasbro gave the game to WotC in the first place. They obviously could not handle it.

Added: Pretty much everything they have been able to produce was designed by Hasbro before the handover (the jungle for example). I can't image what that would have looked like if WotC had designed it. Is this harsh? Maybe. Prove me wrong WotC.

Last edited by Grishnakh; August 21st, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM

generalgina knows what's in an order marker generalgina knows what's in an order marker

I felt Marvel added to Heroscape because it brought in a new genre - Superheroes into the mix. D&D adds nothing to Heroscape by restraining it to fantasy. We had elves, dwarves, wizards etc already. None of the Heroes in the new master set seem really new with the exception of the Dark Elves. The monsters aren't even new. All of the new concepts introduced in this set could easily have been done in the Heroscape universe with out the genre limitations.
Old August 21st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

EQUIPMENT GLYPHS
Old August 22nd, 2009, 01:21 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
So I can expect to see you doing a lot more C3G playtesting then, since you'll have your interest free from any more official product, right?
LOL
Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
EQUIPMENT GLYPHS
I love the idea of Equipment Glyphs, then again, I loved HeroQuest.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
So I can expect to see you doing a lot more C3G playtesting then, since you'll have your interest free from any more official product, right?
LOL
Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
EQUIPMENT GLYPHS
I love the idea of Equipment Glyphs, then again, I loved HeroQuest.
I think if you follow the chain of similarities its not much of a strech to say that we've gone full circle. Mind you I have no evidence for this but just look at the games, it helps if you've played them all.

1st ed DnD => Heroquest
Heroquest => Heroscape
Heroscape + 4th DnD = Master set 3

Yes I know there is more than a small leap in there but still, it seems really cool to me to think of it that way.
Old August 26th, 2009, 04:35 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Get over yourself and have more respect for other's opinions.
Thanks very much to the anonymous neg-repper. Very mature of you to penalize me without revealing your identity.

I am "over myself" exactly as much as I require to have lively discussions via the intertubes. When I disagree with people's opinions, I write long, semi-coherent diatribes like the one above. If my ramblings lack respect, it is because I imagine that people are adult enough to not take my opinions as a personal attack, but rather as one position among many, any of which has equal weight and validity.

If you disagree with my points, you may consider engaging me in debate. If I have committed a serious offense, you might as well have signed your name to the red card I apparently so seriously deserved.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

If you weren't a friend I'd neg-rep you for whining about neg-rep publicly. That's a no-no, bro.

FYI - that was some funny stuff, and I am with you 100%. You got neg-repped by a dillweed that was trying to profit by buying a BUNCH of exclusive Neraks and Hawthornes....like you said, caveat emptor.

You should consider comedy...that Waaaaaambulance to St. Boo's Hospital for the Criminally Inane...classic, bro.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
......go lock myself in a darkened closet, and cry angry tears through my mascara.
You wear mascara?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion