Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Piano performance

So, as some of you might know, I'm huge into music, and plan on majoring in music education. I graduate next week from a two-year college, and am moving on to a four year school next year. So my professor from my current school, who conducts the band (Made up of students and lots of community musicians, it's a great band!), asked me to perform a piano solo this year. It was such an honor to be asked to play! The concert was last week, and it went great, it was a pretty full house! Heck, a little kid asked for my autograph afterwards!

I don't have a recording of the actual performance yet, but here's the rehearsal the night before the show! (I think this was better than the actual performance anyway, so... )
This was uploaded by a friend, it's not my account, just so you know.

Old May 13th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Piano performance

Awesome!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Bravo! Encore! Encore!
How about Beethoven's "Appasionata" Piano Sonata, please?

I >love< listening to music, and I wish I could play a musical instrument other than my iPod. My preference would be synthesizer, since I love electronic music. I >might< be able to tackle "4'33" by John Cage, but I'd probably get distracted by a pretty woman in the audience and miss my stopwatch's cue to end the piece.

If you really want to see something wild, go to YouTube and check out Peter Aidu's performance of Steve Reich's "Piano Phase." It's one musician playing two pianos! (Search: Peter Aidu Steve Reich, and it'll be Unique performance of Steve Reich...)

By the way, if you lower the lid, you could set up a Heroscape map and get some playtesting done between movements!

Seriously, though, great job! Thanks for posting this!
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice!
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:27 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

That was pretty good, but I'll be really impressed when you can play and turn the pages by yourself Seeing this video makes me miss playing percussion in my high school band. It also makes me mildly jealous because I've always wanted to be able to play the piano. You should definitely go to music school though, and if you don't at least keep up with that band or something. Awesome job!
Old May 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack188 View Post
That was pretty good, but I'll be really impressed when you can play and turn the pages by yourself Seeing this video makes me miss playing percussion in my high school band. It also makes me mildly jealous because I've always wanted to be able to play the piano. You should definitely go to music school though, and if you don't at least keep up with that band or something. Awesome job!
I am majoring in music education, so I'm definitely sticking with it!

And I tried turning pages by myself, but it didn't work.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:05 AM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Music Education? Nice! Where will you be going to school at? If you don't mind going out of state, I would suggest the University of Northern Colorado. It has a great music school, a great education school, and even better Music Education programs. Also low cost (If Universities can even be considered low cost these days).

Good luck with your degree! I will be graduating with a Music Composition Degree, so if in the future if you decide to teach band and find yourself in need of awesome new music, you just let me know.

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolamos View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Music Education? Nice! Where will you be going to school at? If you don't mind going out of state, I would suggest the University of Northern Colorado. It has a great music school, a great education school, and even better Music Education programs. Also low cost (If Universities can even be considered low cost these days).

Good luck with your degree! I will be graduating with a Music Composition Degree, so if in the future if you decide to teach band and find yourself in need of awesome new music, you just let me know.
I'm going to UW Milwaukee, so still in state. Ooh, good luck with your composition! I think you showed me some of your songs a while back! And as much as I'd love to give you a call, I'm also a composer, so I'll probably be doing my own music.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I never get people who major in music education. If you're this good, why do you limit yourself to teaching? You could do so much more with your talent.

~Ep, planning on majoring in Music himself
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
I never get people who major in music education. If you're this good, why do you limit yourself to teaching? You could do so much more with your talent.

Because I'm not good enough to be a performer. I don't spend three hours a day practicing, and this was the biggest song I've ever played, which is pretty laughable compared to actual performers. I know music, I'm not great at playing it. So I stick with my strengths: Teaching and composition.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:45 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post

Because I'm not good enough to be a performer. I don't spend three hours a day practicing, and this was the biggest song I've ever played, which is pretty laughable compared to actual performers. I know music, I'm not great at playing it. So I stick with my strengths: Teaching and composition.
Pyre- Great work on the piano!

And EP- he's right. To actually play music like that for a living you have to live it and breathe it. My wife is an amazing instrumentalist but unless you're going to conservatory to make it your life, forget it.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Well done Lord Pyre...Bravo.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General