Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old December 31st, 2014, 11:08 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Kaimon Awa Strategy Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Suggestion, @Owlman , It might be a less controversial and a more interesting read if you made your own thread with the title "Owlman's Unit reviews"or something to that nature, and add figures you would like to make a review on. I personally don't mind reading someones opinions and experiences with different figures or units. This way it is more of an opinionated fun read than a offical guide. Carry on, and welcome to the site.
@TREX : That is an amazing suggestion and I wish I could rep you right now. That sounds like a really cool idea that I might try if I had the time.

Last edited by Sir Yeshua; December 31st, 2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Oops, misread that...
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:11 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Not all competitive games revolve around 500 points and 24 hexes, so you know....
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:38 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Suggestion, @Owlman , It might be a less controversial and a more interesting read if you made your own thread with the title "Owlman's Unit reviews"or something to that nature, and add figures you would like to make a review on. I personally don't mind reading someones opinions and experiences with different figures or units. This way it is more of an opinionated fun read than a offical guide. Carry on, and welcome to the site.
@TREX : That is an amazing suggestion and I wish I could rep you right now. That sounds like a really cool idea that I might try if I had the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman
Is there a way to sticky a thread? Coulda' sworn I saw some guy's reviews that were stickied a while back. And they weren't the "Heroscape is serious business" type strategy articles, either. (Which many incidentally have SO many not so great strategies for 500 points competitive, haha)

Only Admins and possibly Mods can do that... I'll let someone else chew ya out on how arrogant that is to think that this should be stickied... This article is better than the last one, but not that good...
As in, sticky a thread with a title like Rex suggested. But now I know only a mod can do it, which makes sense. And I don't think it was arrogant at all. I see a buncha stickied threads in practically every sub-section. There's one by wriggz called "Best thread library". So I'm arrogant to see if this fluff article could be stickied in the "thread library", for instance...? Like a hundred others...?

Talk about over reacting...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:40 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Dude, it's not what you are saying but how you say it. Makes a huge difference online. (And life in general.)
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:42 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Huh. Upon rereading your post, it would appear that I was wrong and misread your statement. I thought that you had said "Is there a way to sticky this thread." I didn't realize you were talking about stickying a thread like the one TREX suggested. My apologies, I'll edit my post now.
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:43 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Not all competitive games revolve around 500 points and 24 hexes, so you know....
I realize that. I was trying to add more mentions of "500 point competitive", because I received a couple complaints that my previous article wasn't competitive enough. Ya just can't please everyone...

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old December 31st, 2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Huh. Upon rereading your post, it would appear that I was wrong and misread your statement. I thought that you had said "Is there a way to sticky this thread." I didn't realize you were talking about stickying a thread like the one TREX suggested. My apologies, I'll edit my post now.
No worries.

Old December 31st, 2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Dude, it's not what you are saying but how you say it. Makes a huge difference online. (And life in general.)
Well I apologize if my previous post came off wrong, then. I can eat humble pie too. I just don't appreciate being looked down upon/insulted by certain posters in this thread, for errors I corrected. *Clears throat* Ya'll know who you are.

Old December 31st, 2014, 11:45 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Not only mods...

@Owlman ,

If you'd like to change your thread title go to the OP>edit>Go Advanced and edit it from there.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:05 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Might want to start by spelling his name right...
Got anything else to contribute besides a minor error?
It's not a minor error, it makes you look like an idiot, and only a fool would read your thoughts after you make such an obvious, elementary mistake.

Stop writing these things, you are only making yourself look foolish in this community that you want to embrace.
Uh, WRONG. It was a minor error. You're tellin' me you always write perfectly written posts? Especially long ones like that?? I corrected it.

Geez...You really tend to come across as kinda arrogant, ya know that, slappy?

If he had worded it as

"Hey, nice article, but ya may want to correct some of your grammar errors"

or something along those lines, then you'd have a point. His post's tone (to me) implied insult. If he didn't mean to across that way, then he can defend himself. Otherwise, it was rude. Period.

Now go away, and leave my thread in relative peace, since you don't seem to enjoy my articles.
A quick scan of your op when you first posted it showed that you spelled his name wrong every single time. How do you expect to have any credibility regarding Kaemon's strategic use when you don't even know something that fundamental about him? Between that gratuitous error and your Isamu "strategy" article I didn't read this one in depth, so I didn't have anything else to contribute.

Look, I'm super-psyched that in my absence here we've had new members like you join that are as enthusiastic as HS are you clearly are. I'm not super-psyched about the disrespect you've consistently demonstrated towards the community here over the last few days. That being said, we've had plenty of posters who began by rubbing people here the wrong way only to turn a corner and become some of our top contributers. You certainly seem to have the love of the game for that to happen again; I hope it does.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; January 1st, 2015 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Considering your join date I gotta give you credit for the long con if this is a troll...
Old January 1st, 2015, 10:30 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Owlman, why is the list of people he's good against shorter than list he's bad against? I thought you said this dude is good!

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 1st, 2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Might want to start by spelling his name right...
Got anything else to contribute besides a minor error?
It's not a minor error, it makes you look like an idiot, and only a fool would read your thoughts after you make such an obvious, elementary mistake.

Stop writing these things, you are only making yourself look foolish in this community that you want to embrace.
Uh, WRONG. It was a minor error. You're tellin' me you always write perfectly written posts? Especially long ones like that?? I corrected it.

Geez...You really tend to come across as kinda arrogant, ya know that, slappy?

If he had worded it as

"Hey, nice article, but ya may want to correct some of your grammar errors"

or something along those lines, then you'd have a point. His post's tone (to me) implied insult. If he didn't mean to across that way, then he can defend himself. Otherwise, it was rude. Period.

Now go away, and leave my thread in relative peace, since you don't seem to enjoy my articles.
A quick scan of your op when you first posted it showed that you spelled his name wrong every single time. How do you expect to have any credibility regarding Kaemon's strategic use when you don't even know something that fundamental about him? Between that gratuitous error and your Isamu "strategy" article I didn't read this one in depth, so I didn't have anything else to contribute.

Look, I'm super-psyched that in my absence here we've had new members like you join that are as enthusiastic as HS are you clearly are. I'm not super-psyched about the disrespect you've consistently demonstrated towards the community here over the last few days. That being said, we've had plenty of posters who began by rubbing people here the wrong way only to turn a corner and become some of our top contributers. You certainly seem to have the love of the game for that to happen again; I hope it does.
Call it a brain fart. Happens. I'm imperfect, what do you want from me?

It was fixed. (Pretty quickly, I might add.)

And I've apologized and edit'd nearly EVERY single thing that was thrown at me in the previous thread. Only thing I thought (and still think) was silly is how people reacted over my previous format. I still changed it though, didn't I? (And I still disagree about the fact the Isamu can be useful in multiple ways, even though everyone seems to tell me I'm wrong. Which is their opinion based on gaming experience. No big deal.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles