Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old January 23rd, 2023, 05:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = SPIDER-MAN
IDENTITY = PETER PARKER

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = MUTATE
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = INDOMITABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 250

SPIDEY SENSE 9
Before Spider-Man defends, roll a d20. Subtract 4 from the roll if the attacker is a Symbiote. On a 9+, Spider-Man avoids the attack and gains a move action.

WEB SWING 6 SPECIAL MOVE
Move 6. Height 40.
Spider-Man gains Flying.

WEB SLINGER
Instead of Spider-Man's move phase, you may choose a non-adjacent Small or Medium figure within 4 clear spaces. Place Spider-Man adjacent to the chosen figure or place the chosen figure adjacent to Spider-Man. The chosen figure has -2 Defense against Spider-Man this turn.

FACTION =
PUBLISHER = Marvel
KEYWORDS =
SYMBOLS = STEALTH, SUPER STRENGTH
REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE: Though the world may mock Peter Parker, the timid teenager, it will soon marvel at the awesome might of Spider-Man!

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: Mutant Mayhem #058-060, 219 / Spider-Man, #208 / Peter Parker
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: Griffin
  • Card art: Arkham
  • Comic creators: Steve Ditko and Stan Lee
Updates
  • N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; November 4th, 2023 at 05:36 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Design)

Mostly trying to hash out wording stuff, don't really want to change him mechanically (some edge cases are impacted by the changes, but nothing major, mostly mild improvements to his normal move that he still won't want to use much).

The 'promo text' here is pulled right off the cover of Amazing Fantasy 15. I think this design tends to feel more 'mature Spider-Man' so I might pivot away from that, but it's a good enough place-holder for now.

Went Indomitable on the personality for now, open to suggestions.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think Indomitable works if we view this as a mature, in the fullness of his power as a crime fighter Spidey.

Wording looks good. Just wondering if we want an “up to” in Web Swing (i.e. may move up to 3 times”).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:25 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, that's kinda where I was at on Indomitable as well. (And how I've always thought of this design)

LP brought up just replacing Web Swing with Swing Line 6, which I'd also be fine with.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Indomitable feels good for Spidey, yeah.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If we’re doing away with Tricky, my preference would still be to keep to something in that wheelhouse - LO’s Sarcastic feels like it would fit well on a Spidey.

I’ll also stick up for Web Swing. It’s a very minor thematic wrinkle, but that power’s just alway had that “Aha! I get it!” quality to me. In my experience, it does have some gameplay effect, mainly when another figure is standing where Spidey wants to go.

Would we still be calling out Web Swing and Swing Line for Spidey synergy? That’d be a pretty convincing reson to simplify.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:45 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, part of the intent on Swing Line would be to simplify call-outs for Spider-Men.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The gameplay effect is has is negative for me. He can't swing over a big glacier, but the "smaller" spideys with swing line can.

We'd still have to callout Web-Swing or faction this spidey as Spider-Verse, and my personal plan was to only faction the specific Spider-Verse spiders with that (Like Spider-Knight or Spider-UK, etc...)
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:57 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

If Web Swing was like... you can use it 2 extra times *during your turn* I would see a point to it. Like you move 6 on your turn but dont get to Spider Sense your way across a quarter of the map.

As it is in 1.0 it's just meaningless complexity for the sake of meaningless complexity imo.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 23rd, 2023, 07:01 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Couldn't you just base Spider-verse synergy on being named Spider-Man or being part of the Spider-verse faction? Then it lets things have whatever abilities you want.

I'll agree with Nobody that I've always found the 3 shorter moves very evocative of how Spidey moves and liked it for that reason. I can't think of many famous scenes of Spidey swinging over an iceberg, so that doesn't hurt too badly for me.

I'll disagree with Nobody on the personality, just because I think the personality of "how this card plays" is much more Indomitable than Sarcastic, whereas something like Avengers Spidey where he's messing with enemies a lot more feels more Sarcastic.

Edit: I'd be cool with restricting it to your turn for the extra moves. I like that wrinkle.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 23rd, 2023, 07:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
If Web Swing was like... you can use it 2 extra times *during your turn* I would see a point to it. Like you move 6 on your turn but dont get to Spider Sense your way across a quarter of the map.

As it is in 1.0 it's just meaningless complexity for the sake of meaningless complexity imo.

That's how I thought it played initially, only getting a move of 2 from Spidey-sense. A quick dodge rather than a full move. Once I understood you were getting the full move of 6 from it, I really didn't understand the point of 3 moves of 2. Seems needlessly complicated.

Side note, I agree with Nobody's thoughts on personality. Sarcastic seems to fit well if Tricky is going away.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 10:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sidenote: I disagree with Yk disagreeing with Bats disagreeing with Nobody who disagreed with LP. I agree with Ronin, I like Indomitable more than Sarcastic for this card. :P

I'm also with you YK I originally thought Spidey-sense just gave one swing of 2.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database