Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 21st, 2014, 06:38 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Starman (Jack Knight) - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For the record, I'm A-OK with the power set as is. It'll be nice to add a more elegant design to the ranks. Not everything has to push the envelope to be worthwhile.
Yeah, this is one where I'm more worried about capturing the feel of the character than I am about adding some new mechanics or blowing anyone away.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 21st, 2014, 10:28 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like him. Only change I might make is to lower his range to 5.
I like it at 6, but I could be convinced to lower it. Jack's got decent aim, but tends to get up close. What's everybody else think?

Old April 22nd, 2014, 08:49 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm good either way. He's a character I'm more aware of than overly familiar with.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:25 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like him. Only change I might make is to lower his range to 5.
I like it at 6, but I could be convinced to lower it. Jack's got decent aim, but tends to get up close. What's everybody else think?
I like it at 6.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 05:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Don't know the character at all. I just consider 5 the normal handgun/street level range (The Batfamily's batarangs go that far for the most part). If he can shoot better then that, 6 is the way to go.

I'll leave theme to you.

Is this the same character?
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1051867.html

Because that mini looks way better than the Cosmic Justice one.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 07:30 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Don't know the character at all. I just consider 5 the normal handgun/street level range (The Batfamily's batarangs go that far for the most part). If he can shoot better then that, 6 is the way to go.
Exactly, he uses the Cosmic Rod which draws on cosmic energy & add to that his practiced accuracy, 6 is definitely the way to go.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 09:34 PM

Sounds like most are in favor of 6 Range. I'm gonna end this one out the the ERB and hopefully have the initial done by the end of the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Is this the same character?
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1051867.html

Because that mini looks way better than the Cosmic Justice one.
Yep, that's Jack. I had forgotten that he got another mini. I'm usually not a fan of special effects on my miniatures, but that one's still better than the weird kneeling pose on the Cosmic Justice mini. Let's go with the one you posted.

Old April 22nd, 2014, 10:34 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

6 is fine by me.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:10 PM

ERBs from dok, Magloth, and Tickle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
No concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
Hey! Love this design. I'm a little rusty so I appreciate the simplicity here. Seems like the type of hero you would save till the late game for cleanup. Occasionally gaining a turn or two when one of your heroes meets an early demise. Not familiar with this character, but seems like a fun design to play. Good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Regularly throwing 5 attack dice seems like it might be a *little* strong for Jack Knight (I might go with 3 base attack, especially with his threat range, but I dunno) but other than that I love everything I see here!
I'd prefer to stick with a base Attack of 4. 3 Attack against any Flying figures is just too low for a single-attacking, non-synergistic Hero.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM

He strikes me as powerful enough to throw 5 attack on the regular.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:38 PM

I think so too, 5 is certainly not out of his range.

Here's another ERB, this time from david:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Starman

This isn’t from the Jeff Bridges movie, is it?

Reluctant Hero
Since I have a nice habit of putting Order Markers on the figure that gets KO in the first turn, having something like this can be handy.

Would you want to be able to move OM’s from a squad/common figure’s card?

Force Field X
Another handy ability, but protecting Starman with the X will potentially nerf Reluctant Hero until the X is used.

Aerial Advantage
Vetted via Falcon, and I think this a fantastic ability that should probably have been built into the standard Heroscape Flying ability.

Final Thoughts
The value of protecting Starman with the X OM may override the potential benefit of getting the markers via Reluctant Hero, though using the Force Field will potentially put it into play.
I had overlooked the interplay between Forcefield and Reluctant Hero, but I'm okay with it unless playtesting shows it makes him too weak.

Old April 23rd, 2014, 08:46 PM

Yeah, we could make one or less OMs on this card, if needs be.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library