Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:56 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
KC's EPIC COMMUNITY PROJECT! I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

The more I look at this forum, the more I want to get involved with creating some scenarios (or at least, start getting some ideas onto virtual paper). Much like Darkmage7a's thread, I'll post some random ideas, and I appreciate any and all input/feedback.

I actually got a pic up, and there will be more to follow.

I'll divide the thread into a few areas: Dungeons, Campaigns, Alternate Tourney Rules, Traps, Treasure, and Random Ideas (which will hopefully evolve into one of the above). Please chime in with any thoughts, critiques, etc. I've been playing Heroscape for a long time and pride myself on unit analysis and competitive play, but I've never been much of a customs/scenario guy. I'm turning over a new leaf with this, and appreciate any help I can get.

The biggest project here is Betrayals of Utgar, which is gonig to be the biggest Heroscape campaign ever created (that I'm aware of, at least). It tries to incorporate every general aspect of Heroscape into one campaign - kill 'em all battles, scenario battles, dungeon crawls, common/uncommon/unique units, power and treasure glyphs, traps, plus new features I've created such as an Overworld (based on the map of Valhalla, with actual Valhallan locations and lore) you can traverse, random enemy encounters, shops where you can purchase Treasure Glyphs, Inns where you can rest to heal your wounds, Secrets that allow the Player to find more advanced treasure but aren't necessary to finish the game, and a colisseum that lets you fight hero vs. hero battles to win treasure. All of this is tied together with a story that attempts to explain how the war of the Valkyrie ended and the aftermath.

It's still a work in progress but is coming along nicely. There are previews of some of the dungeons and battles already up below (note that some of this may change slightly, but it will all be in the game for the most part). The Overworld Map and updated Beastiary is also up. The Shops available in each town are up below, but those will be changing as I've decided to just use the Treasure Glyphs we now have, since there are so many. There is also some of the beginning of the story dispersed throughout this thread to give you an idea of where I'm heading with it, and an overview of how the campaign works.

Dungeons

The Tale of Sir Dupuis and the Chalice of Fortitude

[description]

Campaigns

The Betrayals of Utgar [working title] - An RPG-Style Heroscape experience with an Overworld, random encounters and many dungeons. Absolutely epic in size.

[Overview]
[Prologue]
[Overworld Map]
[Darkness Dungeon Description]
[Light Dungeon Description]
[Nature Dungeon Description]
[Intellect Dungeon Description]

[Migol's Tomb (Courage) Dungeon - Download and Instructions]
[Durgueth Swamps Battle - Download and Instructions]

Beastiary:
Spoiler Alert!

Community Project - Construction of BoU Maps and Scenarios:
Spoiler Alert!

Alternate Tourney Rules (scenario/campaign based)

The Secrets of Breccon

[Description]

Traps
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Treasures

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Random Ideas

"Shining Force" type battle campaign

[Description]

"Overworld" and Random Encounters between towns/dungeons

[Description]

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; January 10th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios